Crystal Cleansing Event: Are the rewards enough to make you stop hoarding your crystals?

13»

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    And More!
    Banquet coming December (with new stuff)
    BG Season 22 Anniversary Realm Event
    Special Emotes for beating Kabam Devs in BGs
    Deadpool's Ultimate Multiplayer Bonanza Alliance Super Season
    Multi-Month side quest celebrating MCOC history
    Saga Incursions + AW Showcase
    Treasure Hunt

From ackbar's recap post
  • Fo_WiNKFo_WiNK Member Posts: 10
    No!

Like many others - I hoard because I don’t want to open crystals of things I don’t need that will just go into overflow and then either expire or get sold for a pittance of gold?

A trade in event like they had many years ago would make me open crystals?!

Better still - combine a crystal ripening event with milestones with a trade in event and I would potentially clear out most of my stash?!
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Glassback said:

NONYABIZZ said:

I just know all the players spamming disagrees are not higher than TB
    Also I'm a chief crystal hoarder, I practically do not open crystals (unless I have to) and I never have to because I always have resources in overflow (I'm practically rich in game lmao),I still have crystals from when versus mode in arena was a thing, even act 1 crystals.I open 7* star crystals but began saving mine as well as titan for banquet season where I intend to do a big opening. This event is not encouraging me to open even my Gold crystals AT ALL. What am I gonna do with 5* shards, I literally have a million and I haven't opened a 5* since early 2023. Unless there is a huge milestone that I haven't seen and this crystal opening spree has anything to do with the 7* cheeilth or any upcoming event, I most likely will not be taking time out of my day to participate in this

Trouble is, accounts like yours are literally the problem with server use from all of the crystals hoarded. There’s no benefit to keeping them but hoarding them just slows the game down.

Pure selfish imo. And posting a semi brag about it is a whole move in itself 🙄
    And you got this information from where exactly??? Did kabam tell you this personally?
    The person you’re responding to is half-right. Kabam has previously stated that their servers get cluttered by each unique type of crystal held in player vaults. What this means is that it’s not an issue if you have 10,000 gold crystals because everybody has those, but if you are one of a small number of people holding a specific variety of outdated crystal (like the arena quickmatch crystals, or Brian Grant’s Famous Egg™️), that causes an out of band strain on the servers.

Kabam has said this in the past when they do forced openings of old crystals like these. They do them so they can clear the data off their servers.
    So from what I understand from what Kabam Crashed said, it is that this event main intention was to test run the technology for next season of BG, hence why the rewards is not exciting.

As for Crystals and any server related matter. If that is something that Kabam really want to engage the players with then it not hard to do so. They can either run this events again with bigger rewards or run the Trade Store, where players can trader in certain crystals for a higher rarities, which would help clear out some variant of crystals.

At the end of the day if Kabam really want to there are many solution that would work for both Kabam and the players.

Until then, everyone worked hard for the account and they have the right to hoard whatever they want and rank up up whoever they like. Don't see anyone have the right to jump in and start calling people selfish by how they managed their own account.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★
    Avnish said:

I have around 2k 2% T4CC crystal and 2k quest crystal. This is the time to open them and clean my stash...then I sell T4CC to get T5CC..if required I will open my all arena boost crystal for contributing to community... rewards are fine and I am happy get them for free..

Did you open them?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    edited September 18

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Azdef said:

Not sure of the discord but they did mention on the stream that this is a trial event for a bigger event later...

So we should keep saving our crystals then for the bigger event?
    No the realm event is a community event of different tasks. The next realm event is in october, based on number of bg matches we play. Similarly every other realm event have different objectives and tasks to do. So it is unlikely for us to have another crystal cleaning realm event.

But if you open enough crystals, i.e., enough to reach top rank, you get unique profile pics and emotes
    how do you know this?
    They said in the previous livestream
    i know they said it was a test.
    and i know they said there would be more.
    but never heard anything about exact confirmation as to what will be happening and when it will be.
    just there will be others in the future
    No they said something like there will be a bg realm event next season, instead of solo and alliance milestone event.
    Yes. They said they plan to do something involving bgs in the future.

They did not say anything about when or exactly what it would involve. Just a general idea they plan to do something around bgs.

Its great to hypothesise and think about what they could do. But at no point did they do anything aside from allude toward a future event involving bgs.
    Could be next month.
    Could be next year.
    Could end up getting canned.
    it revolves around the tech being proven to work.
    There could be issues in the tech that mean they can’t do it.
    Hopefully they will but there was no confirmation as to what and when. They have the idea
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Hi @Maat1985 ,

Actually Kabam Crashed or Kabam Admins team have confirmed that it is for next BG season, the certificate BG anniversary and the 10th year of the game.

Like you said it will a global/community join score with no specific on that yet.

How Kabam did say that they will monitor point farming more carefully next season, so one would assume that instead if Solo and Alliance score, it will be 1 join global score and bigger milestones. This is just an assumption of course, but worth consider saving those Elder Marks.
    Fryday said:

Hi @Maat1985 ,

Actually Kabam Crashed or Kabam Admins team have confirmed that it is for next BG season, the certificate BG anniversary and the 10th year of the game.

Like you said it will a global/community join score with no specific on that yet.

How Kabam did say that they will monitor point farming more carefully next season, so one would assume that instead if Solo and Alliance score, it will be 1 join global score and bigger milestones. This is just an assumption of course, but worth consider saving those Elder Marks.

I asked when/where it was confirmed and was not shown anything.
    So can only go off what i have seen and been shown.

And More!
    Treasure Hunt

From ackbar's recap post

@Maat1985 didn't you see this. I already gave you the proof
    edited September 18

And More!
    Treasure Hunt

From ackbar's recap post

that is not proof.
    that is merely saying what someone else said on their stream.

i could type anything here and say anyone said it but it means nothing.
    i don't know who this person is nor did i watch their video/read their post however they did it, nor do i know where to find it. if you wanted to provide proof you would have provided the screenshot of the information or the link so i could see it.
    to show it came from kabam and not just from somebodys interpretation of what was said.

if you provided me a link i could check it out and see it.
    evidence is proof.
    no evidence is just conjecture.
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 131
    Maat1985 said:

And More!
    Treasure Hunt

From ackbar's recap post

that is not proof.

i don't know who this person is nor did i watch their video/read their post however they did it, nor do i know where to find it. if you wanted to provide proof you would have provided the screenshot of the information or the link so i could see it.
    to show it came from kabam and not just from somebodys interpretation of what was said.

evidence is proof.
    its not someone else saying on their stream, its a recap of what kabam officials said on the kabam stream , so yes tht is actual info .
    Maat1985 said:

And More!
    Treasure Hunt

From ackbar's recap post

that is not proof.

evidence is proof.
    No you're just arguing at this point. Go check kabam yt channel for their latest stream (30th aug), not gonna spoon feed everything for you, No offense.
    Cuber2906 said:

Maat1985 said:

And More!
    Treasure Hunt

From ackbar's recap post

that is not proof.

evidence is proof.
    its not someone else saying on their stream, its a recap of what kabam officials said on the kabam stream , so yes tht is actual info .
    yes but to me it is just him saying it you see.
    just relaying info is not proof. its just "trust me bro".
    proof is showing the source.
    edited September 18

Maat1985 said:

And More!
    Treasure Hunt

From ackbar's recap post

that is not proof.

evidence is proof.
    No you're just arguing at this point. Go check kabam yt channel for their latest stream (30th aug), not gonna spoon feed everything for you, No offense.
    thats fine.
    but don't say you provided proof when you did not.

yes i can see mention on there being a realm event.
    after looking there. yes i can see.

now was it that hard to tell someone where they can find the info?
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

This is just a trial run of the event. They said that the rewards would be low for this one

Hmmm ok. Was this mentioned on their discord?
    It was mentioned on the livestream in which it was announced
    PT_99 said:

This is Pre-Banquet season and Kabam already grouping Cavs with Valiants with these scuffed 5* 6* rewards 🥰

I don't see what's the kink of grouping every progression level together, makes no sense, hope banquet will be better and will be strict progression tier.

They've already confirmed they're splitting banquet into progression levels
  • Steam97Steam97 Member Posts: 140 ★★

PT_99 said:

This is Pre-Banquet season and Kabam already grouping Cavs with Valiants with these scuffed 5* 6* rewards 🥰

I don't see what's the kink of grouping every progression level together, makes no sense, hope banquet will be better and will be strict progression tier.

Where did they confirm this? I haven't seen or heard any official confirmation on this
    Steam97 said:

PT_99 said:

Where did they confirm this? I haven't seen or heard any official confirmation on this
    Pretty sure they acknowledged it in the livestream
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Why don’t you go look for confirmation then?
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,558 ★★★★
    When the real event comes make sure they are progression based and have way better rewards.

• RoggamRoggam Member Posts: 125
    8k for me with more to go when I feel like tapping “open 10” for another half hour