Is 6 star still worth to rank up to rank 4 or rank 5?

I'm a bit curious about this topic, I have a lot of good 6 stars but still didn't upgrade it yet, my current 7 star roster are not good enough since my luck didn't go well

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    Only those who need max sig and those who aren't going to be 7* for long time.
    Don't bother with 6* champs of 2024 at all other than Serpent Enche because they're just overtuned DEFENDERS meanwhile 2024 attackers are undertuned ATTACKERS 🙄

Even mf 6* onslaught dies in single sp3 cycle of Titania.
  • ThreeTimes3x_ThreeTimes3x_ Member Posts: 10
    I still rank certain new 6* champs to R5. But I have some good 7* at R2 & R3. I have an 7* R2 Chavez & Destroyer,

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★
    I have nearly 60 7*, I took a 6* to r5 a couple of days ago.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

I'm a bit curious about this topic, I have a lot of good 6 stars but still didn't upgrade it yet, my current 7 star roster are not good enough since my luck didn't go well

Very much so. They'll be relevant for another 1 - 2 years
    edited 8:51PM

Ranking to 6r4a isn't much resources these days. This is where I rank champs I like. I typically only use gems to r5 since those are the same resources needed for 7r2s.

Same unless I like them, then it's r5
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    I only r5 with gems, or when my catalysts are about to run out but I don't have enough for a r2 for whatever reason, otherwise I just ascend. Need to get my viv r5 though, she has like 40k health as r4 asc.

I only r5 with gems, or when my catalysts are about to run out but I don't have enough for a r2 for whatever reason, otherwise I just ascend. Need to get my viv r5 though, she has like 40k health as r4 asc.

I did one with cats, the rest with gems
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★

I did one with cats, the rest with gems
    Who did u do with cats?
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    edited 10:04PM

It's all relative basically.. relative to your roster, goals and progression level
    I have over a dozen R3-7 and a pretty strong 7 star roster, but I still rank and ascend 6 stars when needed
    People may say: "Don't do it.. they are available as a 7..." But, do *you* have them as a 7? Lol

Just give a quick think to what your odds are of pulling them in the near future.. and decide if having a maxed 6 star version will help your account in the meantime while you wait (we have no idea if it's a week or a year until you pull them)

I just had a banter/discussion with a BG mate about ranking 6 stars for War Attack.. yes, I rank 6 stars if they will be valuable now for me lol.. especially in a team game mode like AW.. where people are relying on us to perform well *now* ... not in a month or year when we pull the 7 haha.. but, I'm not saying rank a character you don't like just for a Saga/Meta.. but sometimes a Saga/Meta directs you to play test a character you just hadn't given a chance yet.. and you'll actually decide you like them (for me it was Viv.. she's super fun to play now that I gave her a chance, for example)

Same applies for solo content.. can you make use of them now to advance your account?

And yeah, finally availability as a 7 and the value of sig ability comes into play - unavailable as a 7 and high benefit from s200 are often a no-brainer for me

That being said, there is a portion of the community who essentially are beyond 6 stars.. but these are the players with top rosters
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★

It's all relative basically.. relative to your roster, goals and progression level
    I have over a dozen R3-7 and a pretty strong 7 star roster, but I still rank and ascend 6 stars when needed
    People may say: "Don't do it.. they are available as a 7..." But, do *you* have them as a 7? Lol

Just give a quick think to what your odds are of pulling them in the near future.. and decide if having a maxed 6 star version will help your account in the meantime while you wait (we have no idea if it's a week or a year until you pull them)

I just had a banter/discussion with a BG mate about ranking 6 stars for War Attack.. yes, I rank 6 stars if they will be valuable now for me lol.. especially in a team game mode like AW.. where people are relying on us to perform well *now* ... not in a month or year when we pull the 7 haha.. but, I'm not saying rank a character you don't like just for a Saga/Meta.. but sometimes a Saga/Meta directs you to play test a character you just hadn't given a chance yet.. and you'll actually decide you like them (for me it was Viv.. she's super fun to play now that I gave her a chance, for example)

Same applies for solo content.. can you make use of them now to advance your account?

And yeah, finally availability as a 7 and the value of sig ability comes into play - unavailable as a 7 and high benefit from s200 are often a no-brainer for me

That being said, there is a portion of the community who essentially are beyond 6 stars.. but these are the players with top rosters
    The specific discussion with my teammate and friend was: He said he's not gonna invest in his 6 Ultron because the 7 exists.. 😂 Sorry, but this is funny for a few reasons.. but the main one being that Ulton absolutely wants s200 (and he's a meta attacker *now*) How long do we think it will be before my ftp friend here has an s200 7 star Ultron? (He doesn't even have the first copy 🙃)
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    If you’re ever thinking about not ranking up a 6* because you can just wait until you pull the 7* version instead, remember that the fastest way to guarantee you pull that 7* is to give up and rank up your 6* instead. Worked with Bullseye, Kushala, and Red skull for me. Even happened with Photon; I justified my 6* rank up because Photon’s sig is very important and it’d be a while before I got a duped 7*. I shortly afterwards pulled 7* Photon nearly back to back. Never fails.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    More seriously, the resources to bring 6*s to r4 aren’t too high if you’re at the point where you have multiple 7*s and an r4 6* is enough to comfortably get most fights done. It’s particularly worth it if the 6* isn’t available as a 7* yet or really wants high sig, but even discounting that 6*s are still very useful unless you’re chasing the absolute highest ranks in competitive pvp content.
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,812 ★★★★
    Depends on the hero.
    I managed to get the most powerful and most coveted hero, so she went to 6* r5 with Max sig and ascended.
    Rogue!
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,079 ★★★★★
    edited 11:56PM
    I’ll only rank them to rank 5 and above only if they don’t exist as a 7*. If they exist, r4 at most