Who is the most overrated defender in your opinion?

Comments

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,442 ★★★★
    edited September 20
    People says Photon is a great defender...
    At least for me ,not a problem
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,417 ★★★★★

Who are you using against her?
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,442 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Who are you using against her?
    Many....
    I mean her moves (to me) are easily predictable
  • ShepShep Member Posts: 152
    Havok
    Shep said:

Havok

Understandable
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,310 ★★★★★

Red skull (even though I love mine and will r3 him next)

Without a counter he never goes down, stalls like there's no tomorrow
    For me, it's Maestro. I mean, he is a phenomenal defender but I've seen a lot of players place him when I have counters like chavez and werewolf who can easily nuke him.

I use my maestro on attack if opponent drafts a solid counter. People overestimate his difficulty in defense.

Another one is sassy, I find him easy to nuke.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,238 ★★★★★

Red skull (even though I love mine and will r3 him next)

Without a counter he never goes down, stalls like there's no tomorrow
    That’s undoubtedly true, but he also has at least 2 dozen counters so it’s hard for that to happen. I took a quick look at my bg deck and counted 9 champs who can take him in a solid score, (48-49k+) and I don’t even have some of his main counters.

I think a lot of people just don’t realize how many champs work for him, he has a lot of sneaky counters. I’ve been surprised at how many ppl don’t know that shuri and aa melt him. Spot works very well, fam completely ignores his armors and makes him throw less specials with his power drain, gorr kills him in one sp3 and counters his autoblock if awakened. I’m certain there’s others as well. I still think he’s solid overall, but he’s not the top tech defender.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,078 ★★★★
    Enchantress she's beautiful but sadly I killed her many times on defense. It pains my heart but it has to be done not a serpent level defender.
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 282 ★★★
    Photon. Took like ten minutes to learn how to fight her and she has so many counters
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,303 ★★★★★
    Serpent
  • IRQIRQ Member Posts: 323 ★★
    I'd say being new works in favor of Ench so far. I'm yet to lose a matchup where i put her on defense. She's gonna be the star of this thread in 3-4 month, she's just absolutely not there yet.

Ontopic I'd say Absorbing Man. AI makes him harder with chaining sp1s but other than that it's one of those highly regarded guys that turn into non-factors the moment you learn how to play against them.
    IRQ said:

I'd say being new works in favor of Ench so far. I'm yet to lose a matchup where i put her on defense. She's gonna be the star of this thread in 3-4 month, she's just absolutely not there yet.

Ontopic I'd say Absorbing Man. AI makes him harder with chaining sp1s but other than that it's one of those highly regarded guys that turn into non-factors the moment you learn how to play against them.

He is exactly like Enchantress. Extremely annoying in long form fights, Easy in short fights and bgs, but you need to alter your playstyle a bit.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 367 ★★★

Another one is sassy, I find him easy to nuke.

A while back, I was debating who to take up to R3. The discussion convinced me to take up my Sassy to R2 and see how it went before deciding who I’d take to R3. I know there’s a pretty big jump from R2 to R3 and mainly used my Sassy on defense, but he constantly let me down as a defender and got destroyed constantly. He’s stuck at R2 and I took up my Chavez to R3. I’m so thankful I didn’t overreact after the discussion on here. Chavez is just so superior in every way.
  • dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 70
    Gonna throw some new ones out there, Nimrod and Shuri, so many counters now I solo both 9/10 unless the node is awful, and so many Miss counters it makes Shuri a much less potent defender, and Nimrod’s specials are easily dex able plus the grit with certain champs like dust, cheeilth and bill.
    dr2ws said:

Gonna throw some new ones out there, Nimrod and Shuri, so many counters now I solo both 9/10 unless the node is awful, and so many Miss counters it makes Shuri a much less potent defender, and Nimrod’s specials are easily dex able plus the grit with certain champs like dust, cheeilth and bill.

Shuri’s specials are still quite annoying to avoid though, especially that sp2
  • dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 70
    edited September 20
    EdisonLaw said:

dr2ws said:

Yeah that’s all I can really credit her for, that final blow on the sp2 has caught me sometimes due to the speed.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 783 ★★★
    dr2ws said:

EdisonLaw said:

dr2ws said:

Yeah that’s all I can really credit her for, that final blow on the sp2 has caught me sometimes due to the speed.
    Non contact on all attacks is annoying also, but I just generally dislike fighting against champs with non contact hits.
  • _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 183
    You’re gonna think I’m crazy, but serpent. Just make sure to have a power control champ and you should be good for the most part.
    _puy000_ said:

You’re gonna think I’m crazy, but serpent. Just make sure to have a power control champ and you should be good for the most part.

But that's the problem, many power control champs don't really work or don't have the damage output to take him down. He is resistant to power burn and drain, and is immune to power lock. His power rate also cannot be reduced below 50% except from mystics. I found the best power controller that works is Doctor Doom, but even he takes a while to take him down fast.
    EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

But that's the problem, many power control champs don't really work or don't have the damage output to take him down. He is resistant to power burn and drain, and is immune to power lock. His power rate also cannot be reduced below 50% except from mystics. I found the best power controller that works is Doctor Doom, but even he takes a while to take him down fast.
    That’s who I use
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,462 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

dr2ws said:

Wait, I'm supposed to dex her specials 💀

EdisonLaw said:

dr2ws said:

Wait, I'm supposed to dex her specials 💀
    If you are able to,
    or if you are MSD
    _puy000_ said:

EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

That’s who I use
    In bgs doom is years too slow. You won’t win that match unless your opponent fumbles beyond belief

_puy000_ said:

EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

That’s who I use
    In bgs doom is years too slow. You won’t win that match unless your opponent fumbles beyond belief
    Yeah bgs your toast. Always ban serpent in bgs cause he takes too long to kill.
    _puy000_ said:

_puy000_ said:

EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

That’s who I use
    See that’s why we don’t call him overrated he’s accurately rated as a terribly overtuned champ😫
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 875 ★★★
    Korg🤷‍♂️

_puy000_ said:

_puy000_ said:

EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

That’s who I use
    See that’s why we don’t call him overrated he’s accurately rated as a terribly overtuned champ😫
    Mainly for bg but I definitely see what you mean. I wouldn’t want to fight him as a boss and on top of that have his boss kit and the boss nodes 💀