Who at kabam tought this was a good dealπŸ˜‚

2Β»

Comments

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,013 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pikolu said:

Doesn't matter if kabam thinks it has value. All that matters to them is that there are people out there who are buying these deals. While those people exists, things like this will still exist

Vega
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 β˜…β˜…
    Gotta thanks whales who buy stuff so the game stays up for all us to enjoy.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Pandingo said:

They will take the sales data and adjust if needed. Look at the sig deals. Nobody was buying them so they keep tweaking them

i have been told on multiple times privately, and Kabam has also stated in one or more live streams publicly, that there has never been an offer in the history of the game that no one bought. And not even in a "technically one person bought it" fashion either.

The monetization people sometimes changes things to optimize them if they are underperforming, but they also often change things just to see what impact the change has. We've even seen more recently in the game that Kabam sometimes offers different players different offers just to see how well they do comparatively. Games like this run on data, and Kabam often changes things just to have more data to analyze.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

Kabam could see 1 mil gold for 200 pounds and there would probably be 1 idiot out there who buys it. 200 pounds profit. Simple as

And if such people exist, Kabam should go get their money. The more they spend, the less everyone else has to.

They happy, we happy, Kabam happy, Youtubers who rate offers happy. Even the people not happy are probably happy they can complain about being not happy. No losers here.
    Agree! Good statement
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Some have put it nicer than I will, but in short: dumbasses will be dumbasses. No matter how expansive roster is, the cheek-clappin' comes all the same.
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 230 β˜…
    Kabam when they made it that price:
  • Cryptoman78Cryptoman78 Member Posts: 51 β˜…
    I laughed when I saw that deal. $80 bucks for shards. Seems like desperate times.

Some have put it nicer than I will, but in short: dumbasses will be dumbasses. No matter how expansive roster is, the cheek-clappin' comes all the same.

The players spending the money aren't dumb. If anything, for the most part they were smart enough to have the kind of jobs that provide the earning power to make those purchases trivial.

Someone once told me that first class seating was for suckers, because everyone gets there at the same time. Now that I fly first class every single time I would have to say I agree: we all get there at the same time. But I don't pay for speed, I pay for comfort. We don't all get there at the same level of comfort.

If the people back in economy are laughing at me for spending all that money for business class seating, I'm fine with that. Can't hear the laughing anyway when they are all the way back there and behind curtains.

I laughed when I saw that deal. $80 bucks for shards. Seems like desperate times.

That's probably because you haven't been playing online games enough to know better. Desperate is not when a game sells a few high priced bundles. That's normal. Desperate is when a game floods the market with tons of cheap bundles, because they are trying to get whatever they can from as many players as possible.

Find every large online game that has folded in the last few years, and go check out their online discussion forums, if they had any. You'll see the signature of a desperate monetization operation every single time.