Kept dieing in sos toad fight..then realised why….cheap shot kabam..not cool.

Supersha7Supersha7 Member Posts: 237 ★★
So yeah, I got to 18% dmg and kept just popping….and wondering what was causing it.

Of course, it was the effect of assassins aa reduction and the wounded animal node.

Really fun interaction where you basically lose 30% hp because of a mastery.

Not cool. Another die now “just because” node…

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,459 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Someone try to do this fight with Domino 💀

Dom would somehow do dom things still
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    Will having 1 point in assassin still kill me? I really don't want to change my mastery for this one fight, but I will if I need it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,955 ★★★★★
    That explains why I was taking absurd ammounts of damage for "no reason" ... Was full HP in an attempt, and then out of nowhere I got KO
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★

Will having 1 point in assassin still kill me? I really don't want to change my mastery for this one fight, but I will if I need it.

Not really, but definitely carries the risk.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,337 ★★★★★
    Slig said:

There really shouldn’t be anything in these types of fights that would require you to change your masteries - unless they make that free.

This is an unpopular opinion, but I don’t agree. It’s important to remember that this is not a new thing from Kabam. Willpower has had negative impacts against certain defenders since at least Warlock, and arguably all the way back to Guillotine.

Dexterity has had negative impacts in PvP content against any mystic defender running Mystic Dispersion, and in all content since at least Dormammu. It used to be a common tactic to turn off dexterity against him.

Recoils are an obvious one, there are some fights that you just need to turn them off for unless you like spending potions.

And finally, Assassin has had a lot of negative interactions over the years. Protections not being disabled when they should be, things like that. There are lots of conditions where otherwise good mastery setups become a burden.

@DNA3000 had a very good solution for this, though. The ability to just disable a mastery without reallocating the points spent on it. Reallocation adds problems into the system because there are prerequisites to certain masteries, like total number of points in a category, and so it requires a whole bunch of extra work to build all of those rules into a point removal system. But leaving the point spent, and just turning off the mastery, addresses those concerns.

Turn off willpower or assassin or recoil at no cost and then flip them back on when you’ve finished the fight. If you want to move those points elsewhere it’ll still cost some currency, but if you just don’t want the benefits of the mastery for a fight, it works.
  • Supersha7Supersha7 Member Posts: 237 ★★
    I like the disable masteries idea. But free mastery swaps would be better.

Leaves a bitter taste when you have to pay to swap thins around.

And like…how hard is it to have it so u can isolate one to remove..why do we have to remove an entire section.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,337 ★★★★★
    Supersha7 said:

I like the disable masteries idea. But free mastery swaps would be better.

Leaves a bitter taste when you have to pay to swap thins around.

And like…how hard is it to have it so u can isolate one to remove..why do we have to remove an entire section.

Kabam has said that they want it to feel impactful to change masteries, that they don’t want players to just swap around to optimize for every fight without a cost. Agree or disagree, that’s the design logic.

The remove one idea, which I do like, I think ultimately is just a coding problem. For example, you need 15 points in Defense in order to unlock Willpower. Okay, do you spend them, grab Willpower, but then what if you remove one of those earlier points? Kabam has to code in a bunch of if/then guide rails, and ultimately I just don’t know if the juice will be worth the squeeze.
    Ah I get ya. Free swaps would make it easy to optimise.

But Yeah there’s definitely better ways to do it that don’t leave the user disgruntled.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Slig said:

There really shouldn’t be anything in these types of fights that would require you to change your masteries - unless they make that free.

This is an unpopular opinion, but I don’t agree. It’s important to remember that this is not a new thing from Kabam. Willpower has had negative impacts against certain defenders since at least Warlock, and arguably all the way back to Guillotine.

Dexterity has had negative impacts in PvP content against any mystic defender running Mystic Dispersion, and in all content since at least Dormammu. It used to be a common tactic to turn off dexterity against him.

Recoils are an obvious one, there are some fights that you just need to turn them off for unless you like spending potions.

And finally, Assassin has had a lot of negative interactions over the years. Protections not being disabled when they should be, things like that. There are lots of conditions where otherwise good mastery setups become a burden.

@DNA3000 had a very good solution for this, though. The ability to just disable a mastery without reallocating the points spent on it. Reallocation adds problems into the system because there are prerequisites to certain masteries, like total number of points in a category, and so it requires a whole bunch of extra work to build all of those rules into a point removal system. But leaving the point spent, and just turning off the mastery, addresses those concerns.

Turn off willpower or assassin or recoil at no cost and then flip them back on when you’ve finished the fight. If you want to move those points elsewhere it’ll still cost some currency, but if you just don’t want the benefits of the mastery for a fight, it works.
    You forgot the biggest culprit, pacify.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    Me when I use AAR in a fight that punishes AAR
    Lol :)