Skins

AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Member Posts: 106
Is there any plans to add skins to characters ?

Comments

• ShuGokisShuGokis Member Posts: 692 ★★★
    Probably not.
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 242 ★★
    Wait, like from Fortnite?
  • AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Member Posts: 106
    Well not specifically from fortnite but yeah i guess
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,445 ★★★★
    She Hulk and Venom will get new visuals
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    No
  • ShuGokisShuGokis Member Posts: 692 ★★★

She Hulk and Venom will get new visuals

I think he means optional skins you can switch between to make each champ different for example Thanos, You have the version he has now and an optional skin to make him look like the MCU Thanos.
  • AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Member Posts: 106
    I mean where you can choose what skin, imagine if finishing arcane and above in bgs gave you a new skin for example ghost rider but with no fire or something. Obviously purely cosmetic but it adds something extra to keep people interested
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,472 ★★★★
    No because every "skin" is a potential new kit. End of.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★
    Nah. New skins in this game amounts to a new champ for the month. Like how we have 4 or 5 different captain America's etc.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,472 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

No

Nice to see kabam hired you! Shall we adress you as kabamnuts ?
    Cant tell if you are being rude and saying you don't know it all or if you genuinely think kabam hired them. If u r being rude. Bro. You asked a question. Kabamnuts answered. What's the problem?
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,348 ★★★★★
    I hate that skins have become common place.
    Brainrot for the youth.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Would it be cool? Sure. Customization is enjoyable in most any game.
    Would it be a wise or worthwhile use of Kabam's time, especially when considering all the things they haven't done or still need to do? Absolutely not.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,274 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

I hate that skins have become common place.
    Brainrot for the youth.

Skins have been in games since the 1990s. Quake I had skins. Quake 2 had skins and add-on player models for it. Quake III, Unreal Tournament, practically any Q3 engine based FPS had skins and models - Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force, Star Wars Jedi Knight II, Jedi Academy, etc. Fan-made skins/player models largely died out because of the anti-cheat software and the decline in easily modifiable games. Now you get the cosmetics in Fortnite or whatever that they make you compete for or buy instead.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,274 ★★★★★
    To answer OP, though, it was considered WAY back in the early days of the game and rejected. That idea is dead, buried and turned to dust.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 249
    At first I completely warded off this post but then I got to thinking. This could be a potential temporary fix if persay a champ like OG Cap got a buff, but WWII still has the same kit. Champs like this, this might be a viable concept. Then again, I hate the idea of skins. Would be cool to call them “variants” though. Might also be cool for kabam to do a “design your champion” event where you could make a certain kit with abilities within limitations obviously, and then pick a winner and implement like a “Mister MCU” or “The Character” or something like that. It wouldn’t line up with marvel though. In that case I guess you could take the kit design that wins and apply it to a potential new champ that they are going to add. Could be progression based too! Obv you couldn’t have all the immunities and all but you could mix and match some cool kit abilities within limits (if you add a certain amount of one thing, you can’t add too much of another to make it unbalanced). Would be a cool event esp around Halloween since it’s all about costumes
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 249
    This also spurred on the idea to me that reworks of certain champs should be counters to their storyline equivalent. Like Cap WWII should be a counter to red skull. That’s a cool concept.
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 230
    This is a fighting game not fortnite
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,013 ★★★

Is there any plans to add skins to characters ?

I wish

To answer OP, though, it was considered WAY back in the early days of the game and rejected. That idea is dead, buried and turned to dust.

Thank God, tbh

This also spurred on the idea to me that reworks of certain champs should be counters to their storyline equivalent. Like Cap WWII should be a counter to red skull. That’s a cool concept.

I miss the old days of Dormammu AQ boss killing with W2 Cap
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,139 ★★★
    It's an unnecessary change that would cause more issues than it's worth