Battleground burnout

JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Member Posts: 167 ★★
edited October 15 in General Discussion
I am sure that I am not the only one here but battlegrounds has become the most frustrating part of this game for me. I am doing the grind to get my points but it makes me want to snap my phone in half. I’m not a bad player and most of my match losses happen due to time points, but there are times the ai is ridiculous.

How are you staying motivated when facing results like this? I wish we had different nodes for the anniversary like gambler to make it more fun, crit me removes so many characters out attack and the criticism resist defenders are even more vast. FYI I have 3500 points so far in realm event #frustrated

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,222 ★★★★
    I’ve just been playing the 3 objectives every 2 games. Currently in vibranium, and half of my matches people quit before the draft. So this has been the easiest bg climb for me lol.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,959 ★★★★★
    I'm at 5.1k contribution towards Realm Event, I'm done, just playing objectives now.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,389 ★★★★★
    edited October 15
    Just win BG lol
    If you knew you can't win in uru then why did you pushed to Uru this early? Just farm in lower ranks like everyone
  • Rogue_PrydeRogue_Pryde Member Posts: 27
    50% of match results are wins, and 50% are losses. You are literally competing against the best, being in the GC. You are taking Ls so that better players can move forward. It is normal.

I should say I am definitely a worse player than you, still struggling in VT. But it is what it is. You can't compete against the best and hope you will gain points against them.
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 265 ★★
    Skill issue...
  • JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Member Posts: 167 ★★
    edited October 15
    KLZ said:

Skill issue...

You’re probably right because I don’t spend other than sigil, so my roster is a direct result of that “skill” but I still beat end game content. Skill against rosters doesn’t matter when you face top tier rosters that are stacked. Like I said, I finish most fights above 90% hp but lose due to time. It is what it is, but there is an issue with battlegrounds and people will quit playing it if it makes them feel defeated enough to leave the game.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 390 ★★★

I am sure that I am not the only one here but battlegrounds has become the most frustrating part of this game for me. I am doing the grind to get my points but it makes me want to snap my phone in half. I’m not a bad player and most of my match losses happen due to time points, but there are times the ai is ridiculous.

How are you staying motivated when facing results like this? I wish we had different nodes for the anniversary like gambler to make it more fun, crit me removes so many characters out attack and the criticism resist defenders are even more vast. FYI I have 3500 points so far in realm event #frustrated

</blockq

I'm okay with taking losses with Elder Marks as long as it gets me to the next few tiers of rewards. Some where I'm outclassed it's setting the phone down, knowing I was going to lose anyway. Others it's been they were weaker but had a better draft.

For me earlier in the climb, the signature stones were worth a lot of effort. Now, it's getting the 7-star shards, as I'm a few thousand away from my next and the Battleground Chips to buy the sig stones to progress champions to top signature stones.

• ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 826 ★★★★
    I get your frustration, if you’re feeling burnt out take a break and just do the 48 hour objective for the ticket. If you give it abit more time, more casual players will make it to VT and the good players will be higher up. There’s still plenty of time to get the rest of the Realm points.
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 393 ★★

I've stopped. Now, I only play it once a day. More of the times though, I quit after the first round and go do better stuff with my life. It's just not worth the effort at this point man.
  • This content has been removed.
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 148 ★★
    edited October 15

KLZ said:

Skill issue...

You’re probably right because I don’t spend other than sigil, so my roster is a direct result of that “skill” but I still beat end game content. Skill against rosters doesn’t matter when you face top tier rosters that are stacked. Like I said, I finish most fights above 90% hp but lose due to time. It is what it is, but there is an issue with battlegrounds and people will quit playing it if it makes them feel defeated enough to leave the game.
    ive never spent a dollar and i have 190 points right now, so like it or not there is a skill element in this game, and this meta is a nuke meta so ofc you have to be fast. Theres also a decent roster "requirement" too, in knowing and having the champs that punish crits and intercepts, and having respective counters to each of those champs too.
    i will say tho, if youre losing that much, its probably not you being bad, its just that youre upset and angrily playing will never go too well
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,824 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Just win BG lol
    If you knew you can't win in uru then why did you pushed to Uru this early? Just farm in lower ranks like everyone

For people spamming disagree, just look at the screenshots he provided above, he literally lost every single fight in URU,
    He have hit his account limit, now points farming for realm event from him is reduced a lot.

If he just farms in lower ranks, what's the problem? You guys don't want your Titans and 7* crystals? With sigs, 25%cc, T4 ?

Some of you hear "farming" and lose your pants.
    I don’t think the farmers is the problem it more likely he doesn’t realize that skill do com a long way unless one fight someone like usfa with mostly full deck of r3 it just doesn’t explain why he losing so much in uru then i would call a skill iusse but i rather not. Obviously paid has slightly advanced. In growth doesn’t means there skil is with them
  • This content has been removed.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,867 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

BeastDad said:

Don't play it that much, problem solved.

Realm event
    And? Not like they're gamebreaking must have rewards outside of some t4a and a Titan. Both of which aren't gonna make missing them excruciatingly detrimental.
    Yep, exactly
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Member Posts: 363 ★★★

Skill issue and the meta doesn't remove no champ. They can all be used.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
    I will correct you on one point OP: The AI isn't the problem here. Everyone faces the same AI, it's just a skill issue that you can't deal with it while your opponents can.
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 689 ★★★

I will correct you on one point OP: The AI isn't the problem here. Everyone faces the same AI, it's just a skill issue that you can't deal with it while your opponents can.

AI is mostly rng, it can be different for one player and different for others at the same time, heck it can be different for the same player in the same game but different rounds.

Experienced this personally, sometimes defender is reallt aggressive and opening themselves to intercepts while other tiems they just crawl back to corner holding block and light intercepting.

Alot of times defender instantly uses sp3 while sometimes he holds it giving me an opportunity to heavy and get an opening using relic, which is mostly a really good thing to happen.
  • 2nd_Att3mpt2nd_Att3mpt Member Posts: 18
    It was a bloody slog getting to the 5k threshold, I started in silver ended in vibranium 2, was getting one win for every 15 losses by the end. Now I'm only fighting for the banquet ticket. My job is done regarding Realm event.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 421 ★★★
    "Criticism resistance" sounds awesome. I guess that would be the same as taunt immunity?
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 265 ★★
    While many players struggle with bgs (especialy those who always criticise it, but never/ barely play it), there are many who already reached the 5k milestone, and have no incentive to play anymore...
    And there are some who complain about the Elder Marks cap being too low, but don't want to use them..
    And there are those who prefer Arenas to Battlegrounds, lol....
    So people are lazy and difficult, and i don't think this kind of Realm events will be succesful in the future, even though i understand kabam's good intentions.
    PS. I like that matches in GC give more points that VT, so would be nice to keep that for next season(s).