Options

Anyone think they will nerf Blade in March?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,571 ★★★★
First off I’m not advocating this. I’m just in a dilemma if I should save up red shards for him in February. I have a lot but I’m really afraid of using resources then they nerf him.

I still have a feeling they will. Their comment on not at this moment can be interpreted differently and we know the track record of promises or statements here

Comments

• Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Very very doubtful as it would likely kill the game. Furthermore, there is no reason. It’s just chatter. Chatter just like this. Keep inquiries like this among your alliance mates and not on Kabam forums.
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Who are you brian grant. “I’m not advocating for a nerf of blade I just like to talk about how over powered he is”

No they won’t. If they tweak anything it will be danger sense which will give them an out from giving out rank down tickets because they didn’t nerf the champ they nerfed the synergy which is what actually makes him good
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    No. This whole rumor mill about a nerf has become paranoia.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    If they start selling blade crystals soon...run...run...run until you find doctor strange...and his crystals as a reminder.
  • Options
    heruheru511heruheru511 Posts: 164 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Oh My FG.. this thread again???????????? the 99999999999* times this week. shaking my damn freakin head.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    I'm not sure this game can survive another giant nerf, but then again the player-base has the memory of a fly and easily distracted.

6 months after they nerf Blade and the resentment's died down they'll release another OP character.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    If they didn’t care when they did it to Scarlet Witch and Docter Strange they won’t care if they do it to Blade . Keep in mind they were selling featured Docter Strange crystals very shortly before they told anyone they were going to nerf Docter Strange. So they don’t care how much money people might have put in to get Blade. They’ll just simply issue rank down tickets and think that will compensate for all the trouble.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Not at this time but I’m the near future
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Bro, they mentioned "not at this time" many times up to 12.0. For months people were asking about SW, Thor, etc. nerfs and they kept saying no.

3 weeks before they announced 12.0 they said no.

4imsuisuxchc.jpg

Which they did. Before those changes were made, we were told. In advance.
    There haven't been nerfs in almost a year, and that doesn't mean they will wave the Nerf Hammer every year, same time. It also doesn't mean that they will nerf every Champ people like using. There were more reasons than just preference that went into those changes, and Blades isn't the same caliber at all. It wasn't just the Champs that was the problem. It was the old system, a combination of OP Champs, a system that would allow increasing Damage exponentially, and Synergies that enhanced those Abilities. The nerfs weren't the only changes made, and we haven't had a Champ since that is "God Tier". Not in the sense that it used to be. We have some that are OP in some ways, but not the same caliber as the others used to be, and there are counters to them, limitations to what they can do, and ways to create more challenging content. That was the bottom line for the nerfs. They were so OP that they couldn't create anything else that those Champs couldn't cut through.
    For that matter, Blade won't be the most popular forever. Eventually a new Champ will come that people prefer, and that's how the game works. With Champs added every month, nothing stays the same forever. Homeostasis is pretty much impossible in a game that is always changing. Meaning we won't likely develop a Roster with the "best" and maintain that for the duration of the game. There's always a new Champ, a new change, a new "best".
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited January 2018
    They shouldn’t nerf Blade they should bring back pre 12.0 Scarlet Witch, Docter Strange, Black Widow, and Thor. Would bring balance to the game and give more options instead of everyone having to rely on Blade. The fact that they made Blade the way he is, totally goes against their agument for nerfing the other champs.
  • Options
    They shouldn’t nerf Blade they should bring back pre 12.0 Scarlet Witch, Docter Strange, Black Widow, and Thor. Would bring balance to the game and give more options instead of everyone having to rely on Blade. The fact that they made Blade the way he is, totally goes against their agument for nerfing the other champs.

You're right, but imagine a rank 5 5* Thor at sig 200 with 4 armor breaks. 1m+ sp3 damage. It would make a joke out of LOL.

They were a little right to nerf them, but it's very suspicious that we're almost right back to that same situation with the Blade/Sparky/GR trio.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

You're right, but imagine a rank 5 5* Thor at sig 200 with 4 armor breaks. 1m+ sp3 damage. It would make a joke out of LOL.

They were a little right to nerf them, but it's very suspicious that we're almost right back to that same situation with the Blade/Sparky/GR trio.

That trio isn’t as good together as old SW or Dr Strange were by themselves. And kabam knows it. And that’s why you’re wasting your time whining about something that will never change.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Keep in mind they were selling featured Docter Strange crystals very shortly before they told anyone they were going to nerf Docter Strange.

November
    ncl5p9ve9i12.jpg

December
    hfa0anux3e8n.jpg

January
    15xsi6kmegh2.png

February (Valentines special, chance for 4* Scarlet Witch and Black Widow) - 4 days before 12.0 is announced on Feb 18 2017
    lsf0f59oge3x.jpg

weremember.jpg

• Options
    Yupp,you never know.kabam is very shady and dodgy.i never experienced this in any other games.they change whetever they want and whenever they want,they do not care about the reaction of the players.i have wasted too much money on DS and SW as well,plus they were really good fun to play.if they are lame,they do not test the heroes properly,if they do not think in advance,that is not our fault.they are giving less and less fun for us,but they want more money.i cannot trust in this company anymore.
  • Options
    Other companies are just thinking logically,with common sense.if they created an op hero and they made a lots of profit on that,they never nerf that hero,they just create counters for them,so with the counters,they make more money.they do not disappoint them customers/players.also the game is still a good fun like that,not a big mess,with a frequent,unnecessary big changes,like this.if the profitmaker heroes are op,in other games,other companies are just creating challenging contest for them.there is no lack of Creativity.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Bro, they mentioned "not at this time" many times up to 12.0. For months people were asking about SW, Thor, etc. nerfs and they kept saying no.

3 weeks before they announced 12.0 they said no.

4imsuisuxchc.jpg

Which they did. Before those changes were made, we were told. In advance.
    There haven't been nerfs in almost a year, and that doesn't mean they will wave the Nerf Hammer every year, same time. It also doesn't mean that they will nerf every Champ people like using. There were more reasons than just preference that went into those changes, and Blades isn't the same caliber at all. It wasn't just the Champs that was the problem. It was the old system, a combination of OP Champs, a system that would allow increasing Damage exponentially, and Synergies that enhanced those Abilities. The nerfs weren't the only changes made, and we haven't had a Champ since that is "God Tier". Not in the sense that it used to be. We have some that are OP in some ways, but not the same caliber as the others used to be, and there are counters to them, limitations to what they can do, and ways to create more challenging content. That was the bottom line for the nerfs. They were so OP that they couldn't create anything else that those Champs couldn't cut through.
    For that matter, Blade won't be the most popular forever. Eventually a new Champ will come that people prefer, and that's how the game works. With Champs added every month, nothing stays the same forever. Homeostasis is pretty much impossible in a game that is always changing. Meaning we won't likely develop a Roster with the "best" and maintain that for the duration of the game. There's always a new Champ, a new change, a new "best".

Here we go again with you spitting half truths. Ok yes they told after their hand was forced cause of a leak on line. They came in on the weekend to address it. If that leak had never happened we would have not know until the update. Also they have had a major nerf the past 2 years around March. The first it was wp and pb then 12.0. As far as blade I don't think they will but if they did I would not be shocked. Also need to remember they sold awaking gems and sig stones knowing people were investing them in to champs that they we're going to Nerf. So if they decide to Nerf any champ you will not get any heads up from kabam until a couple days before.
  • Options
    @DL864 you are totally right.as i feel,doesn't matter what is our opinion,how much we spent,they do not care,we do not deserve honest communication and respect.
  • Options
    I think,if they touch blade,or even his synergy team,this hen is not going to give golden eggs anymore,just ****.for sure,that will be the last drop in the glass for most of the disappointed players and the big spenders are going to leave,to play with a games of a companies,which ones are making games with ethics and fairplay.
  • Options
    They designed him and his his synergies, especially in a post-12.0 world where characters are supposed to be balanced. They know how he works and it was all intentional.

If they come back and tell us that "the data" says he's OP so we have to nerf him for the "good of the game", just like they said with SW/Thor/BW/DS, then you know they're not telling us the truth, because they designed him like this from the ground up and now they want him back?
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,571 ★★★★
    They designed him and his his synergies, especially in a post-12.0 world where characters are supposed to be balanced. They know how he works and it was all intentional.

If they come back and tell us that "the data" says he's OP so we have to nerf him for the "good of the game", just like they said with SW/Thor/BW/DS, then you know they're not telling us the truth, because they designed him like this from the ground up and now they want him back?

Yes they want balance. If they see too many blades all over they will nerf him. It for the good of the game

• Options

Yes they want balance. If they see too many blades all over they will nerf him. It for the good of the game

If they wanted balance they wouldn't have designed him like that.