**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Having trouble with mags in boss rush? Here's some tips

1. GET GOOD! Jk but here are some real tips to help you out.
2. hyperion and the hood for mags. hyperion hit him with L1s.. stack up that incinerate or the hoods l1 or l2 will deal damage but it won't hurt you because its not direct damage.
Goken any champ that applies energy damage or bullet damage that has another effect: ice man, iron man, SIM, WS, punisher, Modok, Mephisto. Wolverine might be handy if you can make him bleed a lot and you get lucky with regen.
3. no L3s though. Only L1 and L2s due to his sig ability.

Hope this helps

Comments

• Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Also if you have a bunch of boosts saved up, use those.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    And finishing in 2 or 3 fights then managing to keep your last 2 or 3 champs alive for kamala is a good sign.
    The only thing about Kamala is after she uses her specials and fury stacks. dont block just dodge.
    she's immune to debuffs though
    Awakened Ronan for Kamala and all those furies
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah luckily I used a hulk to solo her so taking block damage from her basic attacks only made the fight end faster. So hulk is a good choice for taking out both jane thor and kamala while saving your others for mags.
    if this helps you out let me know and maybe I'll do more of these quick little tips for hard/broken fights...
  • Use a defensive ability blocker way easier than anything you metioned.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Goken2345 wrote: »

His attack increases per buff, too
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★

More for the added damage, not the stuns. I took the same approach and Ronan ripped KK apart.

Also, Yondu for Mags. Don't have him but saw something someone posted from his spotlight on reddit making it seem like he'd be a solid option to negate thorns. And make the bane damage work for you and play the timer right.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★

Lol that doesn’t stop his attack from increasing for each fury
    is that what his awakened ability does??? I dont use mine so I dont remember.

Lol that doesn’t stop his attack from increasing for each fury
    True but those are fewer champs and some need to be duped or are less effective because its a class disadvantage.
    Use a defensive ability blocker way easier than anything you metioned.

• Vj007Vj007 Posts: 6
    Goken my friend ain't getting boss rush challenge..
    And he's on level 39 is there anything like u have to be above level 40 to
  • Vj007Vj007 Posts: 6
    Goken before it handful tip I used my Hyperion spl1 and made it...
    Done with the boss rush..
    Nice tips though
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Here comes more blade nerf comments but blade with his danger sense doesn’t take thorn dmg
    I believe you have to be level 40 and above
    Vj007 wrote: »
    Goken my friend ain't getting boss rush challenge..
    And he's on level 39 is there anything like u have to be above level 40 to

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Bane kills mag. Just bring a tank with high health, smack him once every 10 seconds, and let Mags kill himself.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Need a 5* bleeder then back off till you need to reset the timer
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Get good LOL! That was awesome
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

I said it in another thread, but I brought my 5-star Ronan to the Boss Rush just because I felt like it, and it paid off during that fight -- I was critting for 5K when she had Armor Up and three stacks of Fury from her L1

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah that Magneto fight is the steaming pile of BS in the middle of an amusing little challenge.

What gets me is the number of people going "Oh man that was so easy! I just used [insert 5* God Tier Champion]"

I would love for content to be available NOT for those people - like, if you're Uncollected, you cannot do a certain event
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Seems like 4/55 champs are the answer for Boss Rush Magneto. Soloed him with 4/55 duped Voodoo. I've also heard Quake/Archangel and other ability reduction champs do well, though Quake not being able to stun would make her less effective than Archangel. Crossbones and Hyperion would probably do well too, especially Hyperion since he can regenerate and stack incinerate damage from his sp1.
    Yeah that Magneto fight is the steaming pile of BS in the middle of an amusing little challenge.

What gets me is the number of people going "Oh man that was so easy! I just used [insert 5* God Tier Champion]"

I would love for content to be available NOT for those people - like, if you're Uncollected, you cannot do a certain event

Well that’s unnecessarily petty.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I am all for making content challenging, but with the mechanics of the game being so buggy, I don't think Mags is a reasonable challenge.

Personally I did not have any control glitches affect my fight with Mags, but to be honest if I was having control malfunctions or other game mechanical malfunctions the entire thing would shift from being not so bad to frustratingly undoable. I mean, these champions are generally (relatively) easy to bait and evade, but if game malfunctions take away bait, evade, intercept, and parry, then I don't think you'd even get to Mags in the first place.
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80

Not gonna lie I lol'd at first because she's stun immune BUUUUT then I remembered that Edict increases attack per buff as well. Changed to Insightful. Good shot.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I was able to solo Mags with a rank 4 five star Star Lord. That was the only semi-difficult fight. This event should be easy for end game players and those with several rank 4 five stars.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    @Dexman1349 Not sure about others but I enjoyed the fight with Mag. Had that fight been not there, it's a walk in the park. No fun then