**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New BOSS RUSH...does anybody see the irony??

So it seems like a cute idea. Take some of the least popular heroes and make a quest. Ok yeah, cute. But...

Hmm let's see. We've been asking for buffs for some of these characters for AGES and it falls on deaf ears. So is the point of the new quest to prove that these heroes are great when buffed out??lol

Giving these guys attributes they don't have to show us how good they are is a slap in the face. Falcon? 100% power gain and enhanced sp1 alone make him a god. And that's only a couple out of almost a dozen buffs! Magneto? Thorns, stun immunity and bane? Really? Do you see how horrible he is that you have to give him those ridiculous buffs to make him challenging?

Yet another kabam fail imo.

Comments

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    If you really have that big of a problem with the event and it causes you enough distress to make this post, perhaps its time to move on from the game.
  • Options
    Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Oh, I highly doubt it falls on deaf ears. They're very much aware. I think the only real BS fight was Magneto. Falcon was actually still terrible imo. You can still block the L1 bullets as long as you dodge the first hit. Also, the power gain just makes it super easy to push him to his L2, which is a joke. On the positive side, maybe they will be tweaked soon. Luke Cage and Red Hulk buffs are a good sign.
  • Options
    GreenElf21GreenElf21 Posts: 36
    No, I agree... You can't just throw a host of unfair buffs that they will not normally have and say "See, these guys don't suck!"

They should give you the title "Vanquisher of Scrubs" for completing it.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I didn't get the sense that they were trying to convince us that they're "good" champs. It felt more like them just poking fun at it, which I appreciate. I can admittedly see the point being made here though. This is pretty much acknowledging that, "yeah we've got trash champs, deal with it." My hopes are that acknowledging it is the first step to addressing it. That said, every game does need its trash characters. Sometimes the only that gets me through opening a Cyclops or something is being able to say to myself, "Well, at least it wasn't Kamala Khan."
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    There was no fail. This was not an attempt to "prove" that bad champs are good. No one said that they were good champs. The champs themselves were upset that no one voted for them... it's supposed to be funny. Lighten up people.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    You guys need to read this persons post properly instead of acting like some ancient fighter of wisdom. He or she obviously got through it with ease but is clearly saying it is not exactly a well thought out challenge but more of a joke 6 of the worst champs needed so much nodes to try make them just a little challenging it just goes to show how bad they really are.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    There was no fail. This was not an attempt to "prove" that bad champs are good. No one said that they were good champs. The champs themselves were upset that no one voted for them... it's supposed to be funny. Lighten up people.

A whole lot of this. People just want to be mad.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    So it seems like a cute idea. Take some of the least popular heroes and make a quest. Ok yeah, cute. But...

Hmm let's see. We've been asking for buffs for some of these characters for AGES and it falls on deaf ears. So is the point of the new quest to prove that these heroes are great when buffed out??lol

If you think the point of the new quest is to somehow prove those champions are actually great, then the part about it being a "cute idea" seems to have been lost on you.

I think pulling any more meaning out of the boss rush other than "cute idea" is projecting meaning there that doesn't really exist.

• Options
    You guys need to read this persons post properly instead of acting like some ancient fighter of wisdom. He or she obviously got through it with ease but is clearly saying it is not exactly a well thought out challenge but more of a joke 6 of the worst champs needed so much nodes to try make them just a little challenging it just goes to show how bad they really are.

But... I am an ancient fighter of wisdom. Says so on my EHarmony profile.
  • Options
    MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    CptMuffin wrote: »
    ...Dude. Even with the buffs this challenge isn't much. These champions just aren't challenging at their core, and with their buffs still not challenging. You had a hard time with Falcon on it? You're in for a rough ride.

There's no complaint about the difficulty of the content per se. The point is simple for those of us who have been in the game a while. We have been asking for buffs for some of these champs for a long period of time and they refuse...only focusing on releasing new champs and ignoring old ones.

Then they release a quest with some of those champs...and they're buffed with attributes they don't have!!!! It's like saying
    "yeah we admit these champs suck but here they are when they're buffed out. Oh and by the way have fun continuing to play with your **** version"
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I still thought they are awful even with sky high PI & buffs. Beat it in literally 5 minutes
  • Options
    I still thought they are awful even with sky high PI & buffs. Beat it in literally 5 minutes

I would genuinely like to see a video of a five minute run. I don't think its impossible, but I'm not entirely sure precisely how it could be done that fast. High damage 5/65 just tearing through the nodes?
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I would genuinely like to see a video of a five minute run. I don't think its impossible, but I'm not entirely sure precisely how it could be done that fast. High damage 5/65 just tearing through the nodes?

Sometimes people say literally when they mean figuratively.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

He just doesn't use the word literally correctly.
  • Options
    Mana_Pot wrote: »

Literally most of the time that's true, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    Mana_Pot wrote: »

Literally most of the time that's true, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

LMAO
  • Options
    Matty_Giz11Matty_Giz11 Posts: 71
    Why would you guys agree with that? Is there really that much paganism in the MCOC community?
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    This challenge was a piece of cake, because the champions are trash.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    Why would you guys agree with that? Is there really that much paganism in the MCOC community?

paganism?.....what?...you lost me on that one...
  • Options

Well, everyone has their own ideas about who is god-tier, so I guess so?
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    The point was to make light-hearted fun of what we call trash tier champs, but now that the LC/RH beta is over, they can hopefully continue with that and let Falcon and Company get some needed upgrades. After all, between the low votes, the trash talk, and then getting roflstomped, they have a right to complain about their status in the Contest.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Have some fun dude, i dont really care pull this champions but the challenge is great having them as bosses.

Whats thr problem if kabam dont buff falcon or shehulk. They are **** here and the entire marvel universe