**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7% > 70% , this is kabam logic

2»

Comments

• Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I've made peace with the AI getting the breaks. Why?

With the exception of an unstunnable node, you are 100% on offense. Heck, I think even baiting specials is offense because you're actively controlling the pace of the game. You're either parrying, attacking, evading or intercepting. So the AI has a lot of chances to evade or whatever defensive ability they have and when they're on offense, they only have a few shots to proc some type of negative status on you. So the AI needs some breaks to go their way just to have a chance. That's why when I'm fighting with Wolvie, I proc bleeds way less than the AI because if I'm fighting Wolvie, odds are he won't touch me unless there's some lag.

Why are there nodes like Hype's boss node in the monthly quest with power gain atop his already ridiculous power gain? Because we'd eat the content for a snack if they weren't there. In Master, I ran power burn champs against him and it was like whizzing in the ocean but I have a roster that can still beat him down. In uncollected, if I don't bring a power lock champ, I would have to spend. Power lock is the only way to beat him consistently without dumping tons of items or units.

Now, every event is like a puzzle, but there may be a quest or seven where you don't have the best solution to the puzzle and that really makes the game frustrating.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I use the word procure because procuring Abilities is what we do, and it makes sense to me. I'm simply pointing out that it's nitpicking. It's happened before, and it just throws the discussion off. I appreciate you trying to clarify. I just think the problem starts when my lingo gets trolled, and it's kind of arbitrary. Not really directed at you or anyone specific. There was a larger point I had that was overlooked. All the best.

Except in gaming the term is "proc" which isn't short for procure. I've seen you use procure in this context before. I suspect you thought that proc was short for procure and so you were trying to use the actual word rather than the abbreviation, but as it isn't an abbreviation of procure it just looks absurd. I wasn't nitpicking, made a joke and figured you'd look it up and make the correction yourself in the future. If you didn't feel the need to defend everything that's what could have happened lol.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    I use the word procure because procuring Abilities is what we do, and it makes sense to me. I'm simply pointing out that it's nitpicking. It's happened before, and it just throws the discussion off. I appreciate you trying to clarify. I just think the problem starts when my lingo gets trolled, and it's kind of arbitrary. Not really directed at you or anyone specific. There was a larger point I had that was overlooked. All the best.

Programmed Random OCcurrence is what proc stands for.

Just FYI, "programmed random occurrence" is a retroactive acronym. The term "proc" comes from the good old days of MUDs and referred to the special process functions you could attach to objects in the environment to get them to do something when a trigger condition was satisfied. As MUDs became MMOs, the term "proc" became associated with any event or action that had a chance to occur under certain conditions. When people started wondering what "proc" meant, someone lost to time made up that definition and it stuck, because 99% of MMO players had no connection to the older MUDs. Also, there's strong evidence this originated in the WoW community, and as WoW was the dominant MMO for years they had a huge influence on the culture and vernacular.

To this day, people still make up definitions or origins for the term "proc" because it seems so obvious to people that it has some connection to computer processes or because of its current usage of describing anything with an associated chance to occur. And honestly the term is in such widespread use by people with no knowledge of its origins that the definition has become very fluid.

The "programmed random occurrence" thing was never really valid even when it was first invented, because at the time the acronym was invented it was already common usage to use the term proc in situations where randomness plays no role. For example, in MCOC terms, it is perfectly valid to say that Ultron procs regen when his health drops below 50%. The trigger isn't a random roll, but a situation. The "programmed random occurrence" thing caught on because at the time the most *common* kind of proc were critical-like effects: my weapon has a 20% chance to bleed or deal additional lightning damage or whatever.

If anyone out there was on Islandia, hello again and jeez we're getting old.
  • Options

You were wrong and there’s no harm in admitting that. It wasn’t nitpicking it was just a little joke that (I think) was a reference to princess bride, inconceivable.

Nobody was trying to “throw the discussion off”.

Correct! It was from the Princess Bride lol.

• Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Unfortunately you can cry till your blue in the face but it is what it is, you just have to put up with it.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

You were wrong and there’s no harm in admitting that. It wasn’t nitpicking it was just a little joke that (I think) was a reference to princess bride, inconceivable.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" but only slightly less well-known is "never go in against an internet poster when his grammar is on the line."
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" but only slightly less well-known is "never go in against an internet poster when his grammar is on the line."

Hahahahahahaha... *Thud*

Ahh Wallace Shawn, never change
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    As long as the English Language is available, I will use whatever word I see as appropriate, so long as it abides by the Forum Rules. Thanks.
  • Options
    JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Well magik has a 20% chance to proc limbo off of l1 but face a stacked magik and it’s pretty much 100%

thats a little something called a signature level
  • Options
    As long as the English Language is available, I will use whatever word I see as appropriate, so long as it abides by the Forum Rules. Thanks.

Or you could be willing to be wrong and be corrected. Personally I prefer people to correct me when I'm wrong so that I don't continue to make the same error. But yes, the forum rules and the English Language will not prevent you from persisting in your error if you decide to go that route. I bet you stop using procure for proc, but you don't use proc after this either lmao.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    I used the word procure, and that's the word I wanted to use. You can agree with the use or not, but my choice of wording is my own, and my patience for off-topic discussions on what words I use is over. I'm not responding to comments on expressions I use anymore. I am not being graded on a Thesis.
  • Options
    I used the word procure, and that's the word I wanted to use. You can agree with the use or not, but my choice of wording is my own, and my patience for off-topic discussions on what words I use is over. I'm not responding to comments on expressions I use anymore. I am not being graded on a Thesis.

@GroundedWisdom can you honestly say that you knew that proc was not short for procure and you just decided to use the word procure in the place where everyone else says proc? I've seen it in other threads of yours. It's OK to admit you were wrong lol.
  • Options
    Oh wait, I forgot you aren't responding now. Very Convenient lol
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’ve never seen someone so adamant to believe they are right. No wonder GW has the opinions he does on the game and always agrees with kabam, he just has to be different :D
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    the thing I love the most is Crossbones. 3 furies in and still can't hit spiderman but enemy only need 1 fury to run through parry