**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Fed up baiting specials

2»

Comments

• Options
    chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    Power gain is better than their imaginative unavoidable damage to leach all your units in a money grab lol. Like maybe a coldsnap, but wait lets heal block so they can't use regen champs. Or auto blocks, cause their isn't enough interrupted combos from lag.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Power gain is nowhere near as bad as all of this ridiculous unavoidable damage they keep adding. It is such poor game design to die for no reason.

My only real complaint about power gain is that they changed baiting a while back. They made it harder and less reliable. They do stuff like this all the time. As soon as they see we’ve mastered a skill, they make it harder instead of adding new challenges. The worst part is that they always mess it up when they change it. Since the baiting change, some really weird stuff has happened. I have had fights where I’m trying to bait, and both me and my opponent are standing near each other completely open, like we’re having a staring contest. Other times, the AI blocks for really long times. Sometimes, the AI spams its heavy even though I am standing near it without blocking. It makes no sense. Eventually the AI corners me or creeps up to S3. It’s worse in arenas and the T4 daily quest.
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    The_One wrote: »
    Why is it every time Kabam wants to add some difficulty to a champion they automatically go to power gain or increased power gain or some other ****?

It's boring spending 45 minutes of every fight trying to a champ to do a special so you don't get pummeled by an s3.

Get some imagination and think up something new

Don't poke the bear!!!!
    Imagination can get us into trouble!!!!
    Theres worst buffs out there!!
    Power control champs are made for these types of fights, just bring the right champ and you good!!!
    Get closer to your opponent for a better chance to bait them!!
    Best of luck!

and that comment "Power control champs are made for these types of fights, just bring the right champ and you good!!!" is why people complain that some champs are trash and others are the most sought after. Every champ in the game should be able to beat any champ in the game, as long as you have the skill, but kabam has made it to where only certain champs will be able to defeat other certain champs. This is why we **** and moan about the crystal drops being so pathetis. NOBODY wants a Kamala Khan as a pull, and thats why people get mad and discouraged and start posting about worthless champs in the game. It sucks to save shards for a month or more only to pull a KK or SQ, or some other champ that will just sit in inventory and collect dust. These trash champs should just be removed from the game and only certain champs left in.
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378
    WOK wrote: »
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Having to completely stop attacking in a fighting game because to hit them anymore will push them into SP3 (Not to mention power gain champs, like Hypy, Mordo, OG Vision, etc) and then spend the next however long dancing back and forth until they deign to use a special so you can properly avoid it, so that you can finally attack again, is just stupid at a fundamental level.

Barring super powers, being punched in the face doesn't make you stronger!

I'd love it if they made it so they had to at least been the last one to make a successful hit before SP3 is unlocked (Like passing the Bane debuff back and forth), otherwise they would only use 2 bars and do a SP2. Because it's the most annoying when an All-or-Nothing style AI can just sit there, get pummeled in the face without ever hitting you, then they trigger SP3, and because of node buffs or raw PI, nuke you for FAR more damage than they took while you were pummeling them in the face to build their power in the first place.

SP3 animations are shown as coup de grace, so at least hit me first so we can at least pretend I was wounded! :P

(And yes, we all know "Just bring power control champ", but the scenario I'm talking about happens all the time when building up the last few arena matches before you get into infinite streak range, so you can't rely on that every round)

I feel your pain and your right, being punched in the face doesn't make you stronger. It makes you cry. LOL
    I had the same problems myself from the beginning in early 2015 until about the last 6months. Im so impatient I used to go into fights without even reading the nodes and just atk atk atk then get pissed off when I got hit with an unblockable and think "WTF was that BS"!? still do on ocassion ;-)

With age and countless beatdowns I grew a bit wiser and patient in fights I don't use Magik(my goto power control champ) and I found its a lot easier to bait out sp1 than sp2's, and sp2's need to be baited early without going too far into the bar or else its nearly impossible a lot of times.

I'm still trying to figure out how to trigger 2 seperate sp1's with 2 full bars. Is it even possible?? They should add that to the node descriptions on champs that pull that BS on us.

Unfortunately, against Hyperion with his power gain, he gaons power too fast to even think about baiting s1. If you're good enough, you may be able to bait his s2, but you only have a few seconds to do that before his power is maxed
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Having to completely stop attacking in a fighting game because to hit them anymore will push them into SP3 (Not to mention power gain champs, like Hypy, Mordo, OG Vision, etc) and then spend the next however long dancing back and forth until they deign to use a special so you can properly avoid it, so that you can finally attack again, is just stupid at a fundamental level.

I'd love it if they made it so they had to at least been the last one to make a successful hit before SP3 is unlocked (Like passing the Bane debuff back and forth), otherwise they would only use 2 bars and do a SP2. Because it's the most annoying when an All-or-Nothing style AI can just sit there, get pummeled in the face without ever hitting you, then they trigger SP3, and because of node buffs or raw PI, nuke you for FAR more damage than they took while you were pummeling them in the face to build their power in the first place.

SP3 animations are shown as coup de grace, so at least hit me first so we can at least pretend I was wounded! :P

(And yes, we all know "Just bring power control champ", but the scenario I'm talking about happens all the time when building up the last few arena matches before you get into infinite streak range, so you can't rely on that every round)

I actually agree with this. Its bs that taking hit gives more power than hiting, they should reverse that or at least use ur idea of getting hit only fills 99% of a power bar, the oponent would have to hit u at least once to fill the special 3

However i doubt kabam would change that, their goal is to make us die, not create a fun and fair fight
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Codornas wrote: »

I actually agree with this. Its bs that taking hit gives more power than hiting, they should reverse that or at least use ur idea of getting hit only fills 99% of a power bar, the oponent would have to hit u at least once to fill the special 3

However i doubt kabam would change that, their goal is to make us die, not create a fun and fair fight

The power mechanics work the way they do because it is intrinsically not a fair fight. You presumably have a brain, while the AI doesn't. The players can play far more intelligently than the AI does, so for the game to present any sort of challenge to the players the game mechanics have to be designed in such a way that a player that possesses a tactical advantage cannot sleep walk their way to the end of the fight by simply leaning on that advantage.

For example, the reason why getting hit generates more power than hitting is because if hitting generated more power than the players would always generate more power hitting the target than they would get being hit, and that power advantage would trivially lead to the fight inevitably spiraling to an easy win. With that kind of power mechanic the players would never be allowed to have power drain champions like Vision, because they would completely trivialize the game.

Once you start pulling on a game design thread, you quickly unravel the entire game. If you don't like the way power is generated, changing that mechanic forces other changes, which force other changes, and eventually you have a totally different game.

Players ask for "fair fights" but they don't want literal fair fights and they never get literal fair fights. A literal fair fight is one where the computer has the same chance of winning as you do. No one would play this game if the fights were fair. The fights are virtually always unfair in the direction of the player. What most players really want are reasonable challenges, and for different players what is reasonable will be different. There's no way to make the game reasonable for everyone. Making the game harder costs players. But making the game easier also costs players.

If the computer had to hit me before using SP3, then SP3 might as well not exist: I would never get hit by an SP3 unless I dropped my phone or fell asleep. Its not that I can avoid getting hit forever, it is that I would just play power control champions that I could always ensure the AI wouldn't tag me before I drained it, nullifying the risk of ever eating an SP3. The SP3 is there explicitly to force the players to employ power control, either with power control abilities or by pulling specials. The penalty for being unable to do so is usually very high. It is usually explicitly made lower when the champion itself has an easier time reaching three bars or power: champions like Hyperion and Mordo have far weaker SP3 damage intrinsically than other champions. The existence of the SP3 attack is deeply linked with how power works in the first place, and altering it in these ways fundamentally changes how power works in the game. These various things can't simply be changed separately and independently.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    cry more, what do u want the champs to do? hit extremely hard? 45min fights? can u even do LOL?

how about ice phoenix? ever heard of her?

I'd rather they hit harder, just evade.
    No I can't do LoL, what does that have to do with anything?
    Ice phoenix was easy, rank 4 5* SL with attack boost cut through her quite easily, thanks for asking

if i had a duped r4 SL, i'd have 100% LOL by now...

LOL RANK 4 5 * sl CANT DO lol?

that shows ALOT about u
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    cry more, what do u want the champs to do? hit extremely hard? 45min fights? can u even do LOL?

Ice phoenix was easy, rank 4 5* SL with attack boost cut through her quite easily, thanks for asking

guessing u need Rank 5 5* sl to beat LoL huh? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »

You either didn’t complete uncollected or are BSing. SL was literally the worst counter to her. Use some logic kid. Frustrated by power gain? Power control champ fixes that...

Actually, 5* r4 SL was one of the better options for her. I used my 4* r5 SL to solo her (when I didn’t mess up and eat a hit somewhere). I found SL to be much better than rogue who hits so soft it’s irritating.

The better question to ask is how many revives he used to beat her.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

And there it is. He just wants to face defenders where he can mash buttons with his Star lord. And I’m sure those passive furies are really annoying facing a max MD champ on power gain.

I would recommend ranking up some power control champs, rather than always trying to just beat through opponents with Star lord. Otherwise, you may try smash brothers on Nintendo if you just want to mash buttons in fights rather than use strategy.
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Codornas wrote: »

The power mechanics work the way they do because it is intrinsically not a fair fight. You presumably have a brain, while the AI doesn't. The players can play far more intelligently than the AI does, so for the game to present any sort of challenge to the players the game mechanics have to be designed in such a way that a player that possesses a tactical advantage cannot sleep walk their way to the end of the fight by simply leaning on that advantage.

For example, the reason why getting hit generates more power than hitting is because if hitting generated more power than the players would always generate more power hitting the target than they would get being hit, and that power advantage would trivially lead to the fight inevitably spiraling to an easy win. With that kind of power mechanic the players would never be allowed to have power drain champions like Vision, because they would completely trivialize the game.

Once you start pulling on a game design thread, you quickly unravel the entire game. If you don't like the way power is generated, changing that mechanic forces other changes, which force other changes, and eventually you have a totally different game.

Players ask for "fair fights" but they don't want literal fair fights and they never get literal fair fights. A literal fair fight is one where the computer has the same chance of winning as you do. No one would play this game if the fights were fair. The fights are virtually always unfair in the direction of the player. What most players really want are reasonable challenges, and for different players what is reasonable will be different. There's no way to make the game reasonable for everyone. Making the game harder costs players. But making the game easier also costs players.

If the computer had to hit me before using SP3, then SP3 might as well not exist: I would never get hit by an SP3 unless I dropped my phone or fell asleep. Its not that I can avoid getting hit forever, it is that I would just play power control champions that I could always ensure the AI wouldn't tag me before I drained it, nullifying the risk of ever eating an SP3. The SP3 is there explicitly to force the players to employ power control, either with power control abilities or by pulling specials. The penalty for being unable to do so is usually very high. It is usually explicitly made lower when the champion itself has an easier time reaching three bars or power: champions like Hyperion and Mordo have far weaker SP3 damage intrinsically than other champions. The existence of the SP3 attack is deeply linked with how power works in the first place, and altering it in these ways fundamentally changes how power works in the game. These various things can't simply be changed separately and independently.

Lol i cant believe i read a post that big.
    You have many valid points, but how can you say its not a fair fight when the oponents are much more powerful, have ultra lame nodes, not to mention these unavoidable damage ****, imo this completely balances the fact we can outsmart the cpu