**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Star Release Discussion Thread

Comments

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike please can you answer if there are going to be more ways to gain T5 basics?!

There will be, but not anything we're ready to discuss quite yet!

With update 17.0 or at a later date?
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54
    @Kabam Miike I realise that my hostile tone may discourage you from responding to my comments so in an effort to get some feedback to my larger concerns can I have one question answered please.

Does kabam consider customer satisfaction a core value of its business model?

Absolutely. We're always working to make sure that Summoners are having a great time in The Contest. Sometimes, we'll announce things that not everybody is going to be over the moon excited about, but we also have to think about the balance of The Contest, and the future.

Here is the problem with Kabam. More worried about balance then players being entertained/excited about the game. Keep taking excitement out and you’ll end up with a game without players.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    I am happy to see no god tier champs in this pool. Most of the champs listed are decent enough. Just think 12 would be a much better number. We have far far too many 5*s in the pool, guess starting 6*s in the same light is the objective.
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    What about the all type 6* crystal? Is that boat still to be 75k shards?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Brandonius wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Brandonius wrote: »
    24 champs means such a tiny chance to dupe any of them anytime soon.

The odds of duplicating at least one champion from a crystal that contains twenty four different champions is about 50/50 after six pulls.

Would it not be 50/50 after 12 pulls? And first get those 12. I am one duped 5* from having 20k 6* shards and sooooo not looking forward to opening them and feeling that massive disappointment.

I just think 24 champs at once in the initial introduction is way too many.

Intuition tends to get this one wrong. Let's go step by step and calculate the odds of never pulling a duplicate. The first pull is automatic: it can't be a dup. Out of 24 champions you can pull any one of the 24. The odds of not pulling a dup are 24 out of 24, or 24/24, or 1 which is 100%. But to avoid duping on the second pull, there's now only 23 possible champions you can pull. You have a 23/24 chance to avoid duping, which is about 95.8%. On the third pull you can only pull 22 out of 24, and then 21 out of 24. Without doing a lot of math, I think you can see that if you somehow managed to avoid duping after 12 pulls, the thirteenth pull has a 50/50 chance of not duping: half the possible pulls dup, the other half don't. But if the odds of duping on that one single pull are 50/50, the odds of not duping after all thirteen pulls has to be much lower than that, because you had to do twelve earlier pulls that didn't dup and then on top of that beat 50/50 odds.

Mathematically speaking, the odds of not pulling after N pulls is 24/24 * 23/24 * 23/24 * 22/24 ... (24 - N + 1)/24. When N is six, that is 24/24 * 23/24 * 22/24 * 21/24 * 20/24 * 19/24 = 0.5071. So the odds of not pulling a dup after six pulls is 50.71% and therefore the odds of pulling at least one dup are 49.29%.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Angela is by far the best on the list since she comes great unawakened. I will be spinning just because of her.
    Corpsman wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I realise that my hostile tone may discourage you from responding to my comments so in an effort to get some feedback to my larger concerns can I have one question answered please.

Does kabam consider customer satisfaction a core value of its business model?

Absolutely. We're always working to make sure that Summoners are having a great time in The Contest. Sometimes, we'll announce things that not everybody is going to be over the moon excited about, but we also have to think about the balance of The Contest, and the future.

Here is the problem with Kabam. More worried about balance then players being entertained/excited about the game. Keep taking excitement out and you’ll end up with a game without players.

I've been hearing this since I first joined the forums. I no longer consider it a noteworthy statement unless there's a date attached to it.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    So how will the featured crystals roll out for 6*

When are you adding good champions?
  • MLBMikeMLBMike Posts: 21
    Hey Everybody!

We're getting really close to the release of 6-Star Champions! They'll be making their way to The Contest on January 31st! Find out everything you need to know about them here!

Can you also release prestige for each 6* champs at 1/25 and 2/35?
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    MLBMike wrote: »
    Hey Everybody!

We're getting really close to the release of 6-Star Champions! They'll be making their way to The Contest on January 31st! Find out everything you need to know about them here!

Can you also release prestige for each 6* champs at 1/25 and 2/35?

They never have before. I wouldn't expect them to now.
  • LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    Everyone that has enough shards to get a 6 star character has worked really hard on difficult content to have the resources to get one. I feel like it would make sense to award these players with a definite chance to pull a decent champ. It wouldn’t take much other than removing champs that would be largely useless to pull without the ability to dupe in the foreseeable future
    Juggernaut
    Blackbolt
    King groot
    Kingpin
    It would be a real shame to pull any of these champs and anyone that is able to get a 6* champion by Jan 31st should be rewarded without the risk of being punished.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Exactly what the above comment said @Kabam Miike We worked so hard for these 6 star shards yet we have to have this pool with champs we don't like. It is like a punishment we did act 5 for christs sake and we get this pool?

At least throw in a couple more decent ones.
  • GreenElf21GreenElf21 Posts: 36
    LilJoh wrote: »
    Everyone that has enough shards to get a 6 star character has worked really hard on difficult content to have the resources to get one. I feel like it would make sense to award these players with a definite chance to pull a decent champ. It wouldn’t take much other than removing champs that would be largely useless to pull without the ability to dupe in the foreseeable future
    Juggernaut
    Blackbolt
    King groot
    Kingpin
    It would be a real shame to pull any of these champs and anyone that is able to get a 6* champion by Jan 31st should be rewarded without the risk of being punished.

And Rocket! I think only Kamala Khan is more hated...
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I really hope that the resources to rank up these 6* champs will be available through solo events/content.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Way too many in there that need to be duped and arent very good when they are. Very dissapointing.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    There are 8 trash champions in the initial list. So if you spin on the first day there is 1 in 3 chance to get trash.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    @Kabam Miike When can we expect 5star arenas in the contest???
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Guys at east they did not put Kamala Garbage Khan in the crystal.

The champs are generally garbage but they did include Angela who has the dumbest awakened ability in the game and doesn't need to be duped, a double immunity champ and WW2 them along with buffed LC and Rulk is not the worst thing out there. GG & Yondu too I guess.

So about 25% of the champs are decent. Kabam giving you a 25% chance at something decent is actually very rare when you think about it. This is their version of being generous/good to the player base.
  • Sofian_zSofian_z Posts: 11
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    What criteria did you use to decide on those champions. You know there are better options and you decided to go with the worse ones in my opinion. Why is that?

These are far from the worst choices. Do you remember the initial 5-Star pool? This is streets ahead of that, and over time, that pool became larger and larger, and included more and more Champions that players really wanted to see.

@Kabam Miike You said that "these aren't the worst champions",i feel like the community has a do a lot of work to obtain shards for these crystals.

I understand you have to put some bad characters into the crystal but there are too many.
    (Is it possible to choose a different poll for the starting 6* Crystal?)

Characters in the 6* Crystal: (Characters highlighted in bold are descent to bad)

Storm
    Winter Soldier
    Yellow Jacket
    Rocket Raccoon
    Gamora
    Iron Fist
    Dead Pool (X-Forces)
    DareDevil (Classic)
    WWII Captain America
    Nebula
    Black Bolt
    Juggernant
    Beast
    Karnak
    Luke Cage
    Yondu
    King Groot
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Cable
    King Pin
    Red Hulk
    Green Goblin
    Angela
    Loki

10/24

I understand you have to put some characters into the crystal that people don't like but I feel like it should be leaned to good characters being it's hard to obtain than possible bad characters where us the summoners feel really horrible about the amount of time and energy we put into getting the crystal. I am not complaining about this but would like to see at least some changes to the crystal being it takes a very long time to get.

Sincerely,
    Vergil027
  • This game is a circus show. What next ? 7* champs
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Why did you guys decide to make adrenaline only 30% of the damage taken? It's an alright amount of health to be able to recover but I feel like 50% would be a much better value especially when you consider how rapidly it begins to decay. The risk/reward of playing aggressively to get that health back doesn't seem to be balanced well at the current values.

Side note: Does Kabam have any Bloodborne fans? Very similar to the health gain mechanic in that amazing game.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    The test account had rank 2 champs and had 40% next to their health. I assumed it increased with rank. 30 to 40 to 50(?).
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I actually like this list. Very well balanced, though a god tier would have been great.

Very nice to see champs like classic dd, gamora, ww2 making their return in new forms.
    linux wrote: »
    If you're trying to avoid the worst choices, those are 3 which are at the bottom of the barrel (for end-game content) -- you should have found better champs than them.

The developers will likely never tell you this, but saying "this is not good for end game content" doesn't actually go anywhere unless the discussion is explicitly about designing end game content. This comes mostly from experience and not logic so I can't prove it to you. You have to decide for yourself if Kabam's prior actions and comments are consistent with this assertion or not. Because as I said, no one at Kabam or any other game dev house is going to straight up say this to your face in a public setting.
    This game is a circus show. What next ? 7* champs

Presumably at some point.

More precisely, something will always be the pursuit goal of the game. The pursuit goal will always be the highest power thing, be the most expensive thing to upgrade, and be extremely hard to acquire or accumulate. It was 5* champs, it now is 6* champs, and before 6* champions become easy to get, easy to acquire, or easy to upgrade, something else will take its place as the pursuit goal with those three attributes.