**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unit offers?

2»

Comments

• TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    @Zuko_ILC just do whatever you want to do and what you feel is right to do. But know that if you are buying something that ultimately comes back to have violated any of Kabam's terms of service then you will be the one that pays the price for it, not the seller of the iTunes codes.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    MattScott wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    They aren't actually using Itunes cards; they are charging the units to random phones that they've copied the sim cards for. All of these units are fraudulent charges for those phone owners.

But apparently all Kabam will do is suspend you for 1 week and let you keep the units so, hey why not?

I'm buying gift card codes from someone, I'm not sure how they can use a random phone for that. To be honest that doesn't make sense. Please keep this on topic on experiences buying discount itunes cards/codes.

Thanks

Because it doesn't sound like you're buying gift cards. You said they could get you units with gift cards, not gift cards. There's a difference. If you can buy gift cards directly, then do that, and buy whatever you want (units or anything else). There would be no punishment on you other than the risk of the gift cards being fake.

If they are saying they will log into your account and buy units with gift cards, then I'm alerting you to the fact that it's a scam. Carry on if you don't find that information to be informative.

But no one is getting my account info or logging into my account. He is offering to send me the codes to upload to itunes or something like that.

Think of it like this. Someone steals a car, and then sells it to you at a discounted price. You didn’t do anything wrong, right? However, now you’re in possession of a stolen car. Does that make sense?

Yeah but how do you think they could steal an itunes code?

Khan was already referring to one way. Requesting refunds on purchases from Apple is another way, and there are several other ways. It definitely can be done.

I don't think refunds for purchases is stealing, if you buy something and aren't satisfied per the rules of your credit card you are eligible for a refund. But I'm not talking about stealing stuff at all. This is actually very concerning to me I just wanted to know if people actually get discount itunes codes and cards and if they actually work.
    They aren't actually using Itunes cards; they are charging the units to random phones that they've copied the sim cards for. All of these units are fraudulent charges for those phone owners.

But apparently all Kabam will do is suspend you for 1 week and let you keep the units so, hey why not?

I'm buying gift card codes from someone, I'm not sure how they can use a random phone for that. To be honest that doesn't make sense. Please keep this on topic on experiences buying discount itunes cards/codes.

Thanks

Because it doesn't sound like you're buying gift cards. You said they could get you units with gift cards, not gift cards. There's a difference. If you can buy gift cards directly, then do that, and buy whatever you want (units or anything else). There would be no punishment on you other than the risk of the gift cards being fake.

If they are saying they will log into your account and buy units with gift cards, then I'm alerting you to the fact that it's a scam. Carry on if you don't find that information to be informative.

But no one is getting my account info or logging into my account. He is offering to send me the codes to upload to itunes or something like that.

Think of it like this. Someone steals a car, and then sells it to you at a discounted price. You didn’t do anything wrong, right? However, now you’re in possession of a stolen car. Does that make sense?

Khan was already referring to one way. Requesting refunds on purchases from Apple is another way, and there are several other ways. It definitely can be done.

I don't think refunds for purchases is stealing, if you buy something and aren't satisfied per the rules of your credit card you are eligible for a refund. But I'm not talking about stealing stuff at all. This is actually very concerning to me I just wanted to know if people actually get discount itunes codes and cards and if they actually work.

To answer the question, yes! But I buy them for myself from Costco and spend my money and know that they are legit!
  • GegeGege Posts: 26
    Where can I take advantage of these discounts? Could you pass the link, please? Sounds good to me as I've seen top players using and having no problems!
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

Thanks

If you purchase a discount card from a legitimate vendor, then you're fine. If you buy it from a friend in person, then you're fine. If you buy it from a random guy in another country online, then you're not fine. If you're still not understanding this, then I think you just want people to tell you to go ahead and buy the bootleg units that you know are fraudulent.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★

Thanks

You’re asking ways, and khan and myself are telling you.
    Correct, a refund is fine. But if someone takes one iTunes account and buys 20 odins, then asks for a refund, on all 2k, and does that on another account.
    They aren’t making sense to you because you haven’t been through it.
    And the phone spoofing, doesn’t make sense because you haven’t seen it done.

But all these ways are shady, and probably ways they are trying to sell to you.

There is NO WAY, that someone legitimately has 5k in iTunes cards laying around, and is trying to dump them for ~20% face value? They could sell them on eBay for double that. Think about it.

Thanks

If you purchase a discount card from a legitimate vendor, then you're fine. If you buy it from a friend in person, then you're fine. If you buy it from a random guy in another country online, then you're not fine. If you're still not understanding this, then I think you just want people to tell you to go ahead and buy the bootleg units that you know are fraudulent.

I was actually just asking for people's experience as I've never used itunes gift cards/codes before and not sure how they work. Everyone else started chiming in off topic.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »
    Someone contacted me and said they can get me units at a much cheaper price with half off itunes cards. Has anyone done this? I"m assuming they are discounted because they were either gifts that they won't use or won from a raffle or something? I can get about $5000 worth for $1500 which seems like a great deal. That be like 156,565 units for $1500.

Is it worth the risk of getting banned if they are doing something shady that breaks Kabam TOS?

based on recent events, it appears you'd only get temp banned for 7 days, but still get to keep all the rewards you earned ... unless Kabam takes further action.

Thanks

I was actually just asking for people's experience as I've never used itunes gift cards/codes before and not sure how they work. Everyone else started chiming in off topic.

It’s not off topic. These “random off topic” things we are talking about, are ways that people give discounted iTunes credits. Exactly like you’re asking about sir.
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Someone contacted me and said they can get me units at a much cheaper price with half off itunes cards. Has anyone done this? I"m assuming they are discounted because they were either gifts that they won't use or won from a raffle or something? I can get about $5000 worth for $1500 which seems like a great deal. That be like 156,565 units for $1500.

Is it worth the risk of getting banned if they are doing something shady that breaks Kabam TOS?

based on recent events, it appears you'd only get temp banned for 7 days, but still get to keep all the rewards you earned ... unless Kabam takes further action.

Shame, isn’t it. This company needs to look at their cøre values and make some tough decisions.

Thanks

We are not chiming in off topic. You asked if we thought it was a good idea or if we had done it and the majority of people have told you that it has significant risks associated with it, which is in essence completely on topic!
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

Shame, isn’t it. This company needs to look at their cøre values and make some tough decisions.

Absolutely. This is the type of stuff that kills games. You let the whales cheat horribly but make everyone else compete with them for top prizes, ranks, titles, etc. You should believe in your product and know that losing a few big spenders that aren't following the rules is worth it in the long run.

Absolutely. This is the type of stuff that kills games. You let the whales cheat horribly but make everyone else compete with them for top prizes, ranks, titles, etc. You should believe in your product and know that losing a few big spenders that aren't following the rules is worth it in the long run.

Can they make the right choice?
    Or will they let this stuff slide?
    Really hope they do more.
    Everyone knows it’s not right.

After that little waster egg planted. The problem is those who did it were some of the biggest whales this game has. That’s why it’s so hard for them to do.

Mate, I am 100% behind you on this, BUT we dont know that is the case yet do we? We dont know the actual facts for certain about what happened and who did what either. I was posting this on reddit last week before anything on here, and I still have not seen any proof at all as to what happened. I believe that Kabam will perma ban these accounts after the 7 days if what we all think is true, is actually true. It will be a hard decision for them. I know if I had 15+ customers spending over £10,000 a month each with me I would hate to lose them. BUT, I do think that if it is as we all think it is, then they will be banned

So the OP should be doubly wary, as Kabam will be looking for any others to make an example of as well

Do you think they will actually perma-ban? I don’t. I really don’t.
    edited January 2018
    @Hubris_hater

Also, can you link to your Reddit post plz?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    You are safe if u buy itune or Google play cards, discounted or not. Remember don't talk about sensitive stuff on mcoc chat, or anything you dont want Kabam to know , like your herpes results lol
    Lendo os posts e vendo os fatos dentro do jogo, consegui entender que é sim possível comprar cartões de presente para meu ID Apple e utilizar em unidades. Também interpretei pelas regras do jogo e pelos posts publicados aqui, que é possível solicitar reembolso junto à Apple se eu não estiver satisfeito com o produto recebido no jogo após a compra de unidades com meu cartão de crédito.

Vocês têm algo a acrescentar?

English:
    Reading the posts and seeing the facts inside the game, I was able to understand that it is possible to buy gift cards for my Apple ID and use them in units. I also interpreted the rules of the game and the posts published here that it is possible to request a refund from Apple if I am not satisfied with the product received in the game after purchasing units with my credit card.

Do you have something to add?
    Gege wrote: »
    Lendo os posts e vendo os fatos dentro do jogo, consegui entender que é sim possível comprar cartões de presente para meu ID Apple e utilizar em unidades. Também interpretei pelas regras do jogo e pelos posts publicados aqui, que é possível solicitar reembolso junto à Apple se eu não estiver satisfeito com o produto recebido no jogo após a compra de unidades com meu cartão de crédito.

English:
    Reading the posts and seeing the facts inside the game, I was able to understand that it is possible to buy gift cards for my Apple ID and use them in units. I also interpreted the rules of the game and the posts published here that it is possible to request a refund from Apple if I am not satisfied with the product received in the game after purchasing units with my credit card.

That interpretation is totally incorrect. And in regards to refunds we were saying no. Do not do that. If you refund on Android you will actually get banned.

English:

That interpretation is totally incorrect. And in regards to refunds we were saying no. Do not do that. If you refund on Android you will actually get banned.

Sou usuário iOS. Não utilizo sistema Android. Por favor, seja mais específico. Pois pelas regras da Apple se eu não estiver satisfeito com o produto que recebi, posso solicitar o reembolso sem poder sofrer qualquer tipo de constrangimento ou retaliação.

Thanks

It’s not off topic. These “random off topic” things we are talking about, are ways that people give discounted iTunes credits. Exactly like you’re asking about sir.

You are discussing illegal activity which is not what I'm talking about so it is off topic.
  • TheGodfatherTheGodfather Posts: 30
    Really sad that this is being ignored by Kabam and the thread is being sunk.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Really sad that this is being ignored by Kabam and the thread is being sunk.
    Well what else would you expect from them? An honest reply? They can't say anything now because they are still trying to figure out how much they want to milk them for to keep their accounts.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    I believe this is exactly what those people who ranked top in the Gifting Event got banned for. iTunes probably eventually realizes the codes are fake or generated and then pull the money back.... then your game account gets banned due to Kabam getting the money taken away (thus your account is in the red becasue you bought some shady cards that ended up getting re-called by Apple).

If a deal seems far too good to be true... most likely it is.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Thanks

Actually, you asked something very specific:
    Someone contacted me and said they can get me units at a much cheaper price with half off itunes cards.

I buy iTunes gift cards all the time when they are on sale for less than face value. Costco sometimes sells them for 5-10% off, and sometimes Best Buy sells them for up to 20% off (usually a Black Friday special around Christmas). None of these activities is remotely illegal, and even asking the question would be a little weird.

But your question is weird. Someone out of the blue offers to buy units for you for less than what it would cost you to do so because they are in possession of, or can somehow get, iTunes gift cards for half off the value (or less). That sounds extremely shady. What's more, a whole bunch of people got banned recently for activity which was rumored to be related to similar activity. Somehow, I don't think this is a coincidence.

If you honestly believe that the iTunes gift cards are legitimate, and Santa Claus just happens to have you on his nice list, then go for it. But anyone offering me an iTunes gift card for half price is someone I would be extremely suspicious of. Someone offering to directly use an iTunes gift card to buy something for my MCOC account for half price is someone I would not allow anywhere near my MCOC account or for that matter my wallet.

Basically, if someone walked up to me on the street and offered to pay my credit card bill for me for half price, I would just keep walking. And I would assume anyone who took them up on the offer was an idiot.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

English:

Sou usuário iOS. Não utilizo sistema Android. Por favor, seja mais específico. Pois pelas regras da Apple se eu não estiver satisfeito com o produto que recebi, posso solicitar o reembolso sem poder sofrer qualquer tipo de constrangimento ou retaliação.

You can ask Apple for a refund and Apple won't retaliate against you. However, that refund comes out of the pockets of the company you're asking for a refund ultimately from, and they have the legal right to refuse service for anyone, just like McDonalds. I've had experience with MMO game operators banning people for using their credit card companies to reverse charges just because they are unsatisfied with the product. In response, the game company terminated their game accounts. You have the right to ask for a refund. The company has a right to not have you as a customer. You take this risk when you demand refunds. Sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes something happens. It is your choice.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

If this really is the case with multiple members of 2+ of the biggest alliances in the game then Kabam values $ over company reputation. Maybe lack of consequences for spenders is why there are so many MCOC players offering their services on EBay and other platforms for clearing RTTL/ROL or becoming Uncollected.

Kabam also says that sharing accounts can get you banned. Brian Grant posted a video on getting an arena steak of just over 1,000 from grinding 3 days straight (https://youtu.be/xwNqITsHYEk), yet there are some players who hit arena streaks of 1,400+ multiple times a month.

Lack of consistency with consequences for violating terms of service means cheaters will continue to cheat.
  • If you feel you have come across an alliance that you feel may be using cheats, please report this to our Support Team! An investigation will be undertaken to determine if it was in fact skill or cheating. If they are found to have been cheating, appropriate actions will be taken against their account(s)/alliance. Due to our privacy policy however, we will be unable to provide details to you regarding the result of the investigation. Thanks so much for helping us out by reporting any actions you see that may be a violation of our Terms of Service!
This discussion has been closed.