**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing: Michael B Jordan's Challenge

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Those who have done it - could a 5/65 iceman compete for legends? Or probably not?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    danielmath wrote: »
    Those who have done it - could a 5/65 iceman compete for legends? Or probably not?

My suspicion is there are probably too many 5/65s with a lot more offense out there for Iceman to be a serious candidate for a legends title by himself.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    This challenge was fun but long as ****. After I explored it and got all the rewards, I ended up getting a 4* sparky and a 5* ghost rider!

Holy ****. Congrats dude
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    Man, I got absolutely wrecked by the second to last BPCW. I just don't know how to fight the guy. I beat him and only had to use one individual revive amazingly. I am scared to do the very last level right now between the reflective armor and seemingly getting picked off by his intercepts that I'm not handling well. I was beyond frustrated fighting him. Any tips for a new-ish player just starting harder content? Thanks for any help possible. Here's what I've rolled with thus far:

5* R1 Nebula
    4* 4/40 Hyperion(awakened)
    4* 4/40 Iceman
    3* 4/40 Blade(awakened, sig. lvl 99)
    3* 4/40 Archangel(awakened)

Also have 5* SL(R1) 4*Vulture, Shocker, Groot, Hawkeye, Phoenix & Hulkbuster as possible players, all base levels. Just used the above team because I'm most comfortable with them. Thanks again.

#Proffesianalism #Talentsquad
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Man, I got absolutely wrecked by the second to last BPCW. I just don't know how to fight the guy. I beat him and only had to use one individual revive amazingly. I am scared to do the very last level right now between the reflective armor and seemingly getting picked off by his intercepts that I'm not handling well. I was beyond frustrated fighting him. Any tips for a new-ish player just starting harder content? Thanks for any help possible. Here's what I've rolled with thus far:

5* R1 Nebula
    4* 4/40 Iceman

Also have 5* SL(R1) 4*Vulture, Shocker, Groot, Hawkeye, Phoenix & Hulkbuster as possible players, all base levels. Just used the above team because I'm most comfortable with them. Thanks again.

I'm not sure I want to know what proffesianalism is.
  • MCoC_fanMCoC_fan Posts: 97
    i feel like celebrity challenges should have different difficulty and rewards for each difficulty like for newer players easy mode and for veterans a hard mode but u can only play one mode.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

My suspicion is there are probably too many 5/65s with a lot more offense out there for Iceman to be a serious candidate for a legends title by himself.

my thought also but he'd have class advantage for 4/6 fights and wouldn't need willpower, just more offense
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I thought this was supposed to be harder then goldblum.

Amusing for a bit, then done. You should consider an uncollected version with stronger enemies and 5* focused rewards. 4* gem is kinda useless for most into act 5
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam please same challenge with 6 stars only and 5 star Awakening gem.
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    screwed up with my 4/55 voodoo on the third black widow and used one l1 revive on him. didn't need anything else as far as pots or revives. Probably a little tougher than goldblum but not as tough as the spidey challenge, granted my champs are stronger now. my team:

3/45 Rogue (unduped)
    4/55 Marvel
    4/55 voodoo
    5/50 iceman (didn't even use him)
    5/65 SL
  • OwGssOwGss Posts: 81
    Not a bad challenge... just long fights... VIP for me was my iceman and Angela

ofb1xpnbna0w.png
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    lag all day
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★

If you can abuse frostbites well, Iceman can be surprisingly fast, even if his damage seems lacking at first glance. I'd say he can do it
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Rewards are very very underwhelming to say the least

Agreed. They are ok at best. But a 4 star awakening gem is laughable. Anyone who completes the content needs a 5 star gem, not a 4 star. I guess they want us to buy them instead,... oops.
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Bahamut wrote: »

5* R1 Nebula
    4* 4/40 Iceman

I used Rogue against BPCW for the class advantage, life steal, and to shrug off the bleeds from blocking/parries. Worked great.

My team was 4/55 x23, 5/50 Voodoo, 5/50 SW, 3/45 Rogue, and a 4/55 Drax. Only Rogue unduped.

And I assume you mean Electro when you say Shocker?

And you spelled Professionalism wrong. ;P
  • TheBigSchemeTheBigScheme Posts: 60
    Lag... block dropping... no dash back or forward .... yay fun and interactive... only started after first run through last stage so after completing
  • Started playing auto fight chapter 1 and got real bored then came to conclusion rewards arent good so i wont even bother. Act 5 has better rewards
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Act 5 won’t expire. This quest will
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Started playing auto fight chapter 1 and got real bored then came to conclusion rewards arent good so i wont even bother. Act 5 has better rewards

It is of course everyone's personal decision whether to run any content or not, but this content appears to have more rewards for the effort than Act 5 does. Of course, there are some rewards in Act 5 you cannot get at all in this, but overall I think this is very good rewards for the amount of time and energy points required.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Don't understand why we have to fight the same champs again and again in these kind of challenges, it makes the whole stuff really boring. However it's always nice to have good rewards for an easy content. Thumbs up!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    So far enjoyable, but it's quite laggy. Anyone else having the same issue?
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Please upgrade the difficulty on these. They are rare enough as it is & we shouldn’t be able to burn through these without coming close to dying once. They come what 2-3 times a year if that? It’s been around the same difficulty for 2 years or so. We have full teams of r4 5* champs now guys, time to adjust the content/rewards as so!
    Please upgrade the difficulty on these. They are rare enough as it is & we shouldn’t be able to burn through these without coming close to dying once. They come what 2-3 times a year if that? It’s been around the same difficulty for 2 years or so. We have full teams of r4 5* champs now guys, time to adjust the content/rewards as so!

You have a full team of 4/55s. Most players don't. The average player in this game did not go from a full team of 5/50s a year ago to a full team of 4/55s today. This content actually is, as far as I can remember, harder than the original Coulson's or Ming Na's challenges. But some of us have progressed in the game faster than the difficulty has risen. Some players have progressed slower than that. Some players have started playing more recently and are still catching up with that difficulty level. Across all players in the game there is an average power point that represents the center of mass of the player base. My guess is that point has drifted upward in the last two years, but it hasn't lept upward as fast as the top ten percent of players has.

The game is adjusting difficulty upward for some content and is increasing rewards commensurate with that. But that will never keep pace with the highest tier players. There's only so much content to go around, and even when they make something for the highest levels of play, they have to decide whether to target the top 15% of players or the top 10% or the top 5%. They can't realistically target the top 0.01% with any significant recurring content like monthly or bi-monthly challenges.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

You have a full team of 4/55s. Most players don't. The average player in this game did not go from a full team of 5/50s a year ago to a full team of 4/55s today. This content actually is, as far as I can remember, harder than the original Coulson's or Ming Na's challenges. But some of us have progressed in the game faster than the difficulty has risen. Some players have progressed slower than that. Some players have started playing more recently and are still catching up with that difficulty level. Across all players in the game there is an average power point that represents the center of mass of the player base. My guess is that point has drifted upward in the last two years, but it hasn't lept upward as fast as the top ten percent of players has.

The game is adjusting difficulty upward for some content and is increasing rewards commensurate with that. But that will never keep pace with the highest tier players. There's only so much content to go around, and even when they make something for the highest levels of play, they have to decide whether to target the top 15% of players or the top 10% or the top 5%. They can't realistically target the top 0.01% with any significant recurring content like monthly or bi-monthly challenges.

Fair enough. I agree with @SteelCurtainMUT that these challenges are a little disappointing though. There are only a couple a year and they really aren't hard enough for players with ranked 5* teams. Why not include a final insanely difficult level for the top players? They could release the challenge exactly the way it is but completing it would unlock the ultimate challenge.

Fair enough. I agree with @SteelCurtainMUT that these challenges are a little disappointing though. There are only a couple a year and they really aren't hard enough for players with ranked 5* teams. Why not include a final insanely difficult level for the top players? They could release the challenge exactly the way it is but completing it would unlock the ultimate challenge.

There is a game design answer, but not one that's popular with players. I'll skip the lengthy theory and just present the constraint. Think of making a chart of the entire playerbase based on how many players exist at a particular level of power (ignoring for now how you measure that). It'll probably look like an upside down U - a bell curve or a normal distribution, something like that. Around the peak in the middle is the center of mass of your player base. Your primary balancing pivot point exists there.

Below that point, you want to make rewards easier to get than they are at the pivot. That's partially why the calendar exists. It acts to prop up the players on the left side of the curve. Above that point, you want rewards to actually get harder than average to earn. And that's because that's the side of the player population that is running away from the average of the game. If rewards - on a relative basis - get easier to earn or even just stay the same, those players will keep accelerating to the right, spreading the players out across a wider range of power you have to support. Eventually, they will exhaust your content or literally run up into a design wall. Max dup 5*? That's a design wall. You'd rather have soft caps than hard ones, so you start ratcheting the effort/reward ratio to higher and higher levels for stronger and stronger players.

Eventually, some players will escape even that kind of gravity slowing them down. At that point the final design escape hatch is for them to run out of things to do, to lower the incentive of trying to progress far faster than the game can keep up.

Short answer: the reason why the top 0.001% of players find the content too easy and the rewards commensurately lower is because game developers cannot keep feeding the 0.001% of players content appropriate to their level and rewards appropriate to that difficulty, because they will use that content as rocket fuel to pull farther and farther away from everyone else, until they become literally game-breaking.

Really short answer: its on purpose.
  • MCoC_fanMCoC_fan Posts: 97
    We should also make easier difficulty for newer players