Let's Have a Conversation About Buying Discounted Units

2»

Comments

• aiktow4uaiktow4u Member Posts: 72
    hidden here in the chat they created. but made public on every resource out of kabams reach.
    The end result is the knowledge will be spread, the word will reach the player but the company will never do a dang thing about it because all they want is the money, not the morals.
  • aiktow4uaiktow4u Member Posts: 72
    the politics involved remind me of a presidential scandal in the early 70's most of you wouldn't even recognize this name...NIXXON......hide it .... bury it.....make it go away....pay them off...oh hell, they found out!
  • Hale01crazyHale01crazy Member Posts: 34
    What's sadder is certain alliances are maliciously spreading real information of players encouraging rule breaking and harassment. @GroundedWisdom should know how it feels.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,500 ★★★★★
    I don't condone putting anyone on blast. Regardless of whether they broke the rules or not. There is a process to these things and taking it into our own hands is not helpful. It's also not kosher to discuss these things on the Forum, and I agree with whatever actions they take to keep the Forum in order.
    Having said that, I'm all for permanent bans. Cheating is cheating. It's just not my decision. We don't know the details, and these things are done with sensitivity and consideration for the situation. We don't know. There could be permanent bans on the way. We don't have all the information. That's why it's their job to take care of these things. There is a difference between someone who unwittingly thought it was just a discount, and someone who was fully aware that it was a cheat, but the effect is the same. Ultimately, I respect that discipline is their responsibility. I just keep my own actions in order. I'm all for it though. If people are cheating, I have little sympathy. I'm certainly not supporting the idea that people can get away with it because of a suspected lighter punishment.
  • Peeeej26Peeeej26 Member Posts: 2
    This is a despicable and disgusting move from Kabam. These players need to face the punishment that should’ve been given when they violated ToS. Scamming other people so they can get ahead in a virtual game is immoral. Ban them!
  • Hale01crazyHale01crazy Member Posts: 34
    Kabam also needs to do something about mercs and piloting especially in arena rank 1 and LoL and all hard contents.
  • chunkybchunkyb Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    I don't condone putting anyone on blast. Regardless of whether they broke the rules or not. There is a process to these things and taking it into our own hands is not helpful. It's also not kosher to discuss these things on the Forum, and I agree with whatever actions they take to keep the Forum in order.
    Having said that, I'm all for permanent bans. Cheating is cheating. It's just not my decision. We don't know the details, and these things are done with sensitivity and consideration for the situation. We don't know. There could be permanent bans on the way. We don't have all the information. That's why it's their job to take care of these things. There is a difference between someone who unwittingly thought it was just a discount, and someone who was fully aware that it was a cheat, but the effect is the same. Ultimately, I respect that discipline is their responsibility. I just keep my own actions in order. I'm all for it though. If people are cheating, I have little sympathy. I'm certainly not supporting the idea that people can get away with it because of a suspected lighter punishment.

#wellactually we DO know the details. Pretty much all of them. Many knew them before they were spread everywhere. We've just been watching those accounts and their rosters to see what exactly would happen. And now we know. Nothing. Commit an actual, real world crime in a successful attempt to cheat at a game and further an account... Get 7 days and that's it.

This is one issue where i truly thought you'd take a step back from the normal shtick but by your reply quoted above, I was way wrong.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

47p1p6hyeypv.jpg

Even if players who made use of this service are allowed to keep their accounts and their in-game purchases there's an easy fix for Kabam to save face. Distribute in-game compensation to all players who did not make use of this service that's comparable to in-game content that players who have received rumored temporary bans acquired by exploiting the units hack that's pictured above. Making a statement about enforcing consequences as described in their terms of service regardless of who violates their terms of service would also show set a great example.
  • BeachSteffBeachSteff Member Posts: 1
    This is definitely not ok.
  • Kabam AhabKabam Ahab Moderator Posts: 956
    edited January 2018
    We don't discuss actions taken on individual accounts on the forums. If reported an investigation will be undertaken to determine if it was in fact skill or cheating. If they are found to have been cheating, appropriate actions will be taken against their account's / alliance.
This discussion has been closed.