**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Quake post 17.0 update

I've noticed that Quake's aftershock is causing significantly less damage since the 17.0 update. Is this a bug or is this as a result of a nerf?

Anyone else noticed this or experiencing something similar with quake after the new update?

Comments

• Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    I noticed this as well
  • Options
    DB350ZZZDB350ZZZ Posts: 53
    This is a bug. This happened before and it took a awhile to fix her. It’s a shame because she is so useful when she has the correct aftershock damage. Let’s hope this is something they can correct quickly.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

Any update on this? This is really annoying cause I use Quake for everything. She is my main champion.
  • Options
    crimson_kaiokencrimson_kaioken Posts: 16
    edited February 2018
    yes,she has been changed in this update,i have noticed that the aftershock charges take more time than before 17.0,damage is still the same as pre 17.0 but you cant stack the same amount of aftershocks as before
    im gonna upload a couple videos showing the change
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=kdiIciP8mk8 pre 17.0
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=fGMY1maT0iY post 17.0
    every aftershock charge its taking more time to stack compared to pre 17.0
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit check those links please
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,057 ★★★
    Not only does she take longer to stack when she stacks the first time it generates health gains of any opponent with willpower....lots of it.

In summary:
    Mordo bugged l2
    Quake bugged
    OG vision bugged
    Angela destroyed.

New AW season starts soon. All this needs to be fixed before. I seriously doubt any testing really occurs.
  • Options
    I have a 5 * rank 4 Quake, noticed this as well.
  • Options
    can we get a mod to check this out? is this a bug or a nerf? the description on quake abilities state that every aftershock takes 0.6 seconds to charge,but now it seems to be more than that
  • Options
    So, it appears that it might take longer to stack her aftershocks, but the damage increase from patch 16.1 has definitely been reversed.
  • Options
    From 16.1:

Fixed an issue where Quake’s Aftershock damage was not correctly scaling with charges on her Richter Scale
  • Options
    i dont think thats the issue,i tested quake against every rol opponent and i was doing quite the same damage as before ,but now i cant stack as many as before the update,its annoying
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    I have some videos of using only aftershocks pre 17.0 here:
    https://youtu.be/vj_dzG7cwWY
    https://youtu.be/1cMu6hN7xEY
    https://youtu.be/T3IFNymMk4s
    https://youtu.be/TopV7naQP_8
    https://youtu.be/TopV7naQP_8

And then here is one after 17.0:
    https://youtu.be/8mJ4ZpzKiVo

Hopefully this helps them get to the bottom of this.
  • Options
    BaironDHBaironDH Posts: 109
    Shes been nerfed right down, literally used her just before the update & just after the update & its so noticable, takes forever to stack & seems to do less?
  • Options
    Hello! I am investigating this but Quake's data is the same as 16.1. On both videos I've noticed that either the AI was more aggressive (meaning Quake will evade and stop heavy attacking) @crimson_kaioken

or the damage tick came from having less aftershock charges (11 versus 9 on the mephisto battle) @Svain
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Hello! I am investigating this but Quake's data is the same as 16.1. On both videos I've noticed that either the AI was more aggressive (meaning Quake will evade and stop heavy attacking) @crimson_kaioken

or the damage tick came from having less aftershock charges (11 versus 9 on the mephisto battle) @Svain

I haven't noticed anything as far as damage, but it does "feel" like her aftershock charges are taking longer.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Everything looks normal
    The first video posted by @crimson_kaioken has 17 stacks and that looked bugged tbh. I’ve never seen my 5* r4 get that many at a time. All the damage outputs look the same minus 1 aftershock here or added a couple there.
  • Options

watch closely the time that takes to stack those aftershock charges between pre 17.0 and post 17.0 please,they fell like its taking a bit longer than before,im convinced thats the issue and its making quake stack less aftershocks,and do less damage
    can anybody time the aftershocks and compare?
  • Options
    Just used my quake to test and everything seems normal as before.
  • Options
    ScoceScoce Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike Not sure who Nydeon is, but this IS an issue. Just last week I took my 5* Quake to rank 4 and I've been using her a TON. Her concussion damage has been seriously reduced. With everything being the same, for 15 charges applied I was getting about double the damage that is currently being done. This is a serious issue and represents a waste of 4 T2 alphas that took forever to get. Please confirm that this is indeed a bug and is being addressed, or if it really was intended to be a serious nerf, then a rank down ticket at least is in order...

This is my first time to use the forums. Love this game, but man... this one stings hard. I've spent thousands on this game.. don't want to leave over this. Can someone please respond?
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    What no wonder I was taking so long to take out a basic mephisto.
  • Options
    Jaded wrote: »

What level is your quake? There is a huge difference in dmg output. 3.5K per tick vs the 2.5K or so that it does now. Pre-patch I've seen almost 5K ticks for tons of aftershocks and now I can't seem to get a 3K tick in at all, even with 17+ charges.

At lower levels perhaps it's just not so noticeable to you. I'm using 5* Quake at r4.
  • Options
    OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    I looked at all the videos and didnt see any issues with damage. All damage was 221/tic both pre and post 17.0. I looked at the timing to aftershocks and didnt see any issue either. I agree with the MODs on this one, the last Mephisto was playing more aggressive. Once you started gaining aftershocks it looked like the normal .60 seconds each time one is gained. alright boys we can close this case. What's next?!
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    rwhack wrote: »
    Not only does she take longer to stack when she stacks the first time it generates health gains of any opponent with willpower....lots of it.

In summary:
    Mordo bugged l2
    Quake bugged
    OG vision bugged
    Angela destroyed.

New AW season starts soon. All this needs to be fixed before. I seriously doubt any testing really occurs.

WW2 Cap seems to have the same lag as Angela. I got parried mid combo in war.
  • Options
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    I looked at all the videos and didnt see any issues with damage. All damage was 221/tic both pre and post 17.0. I looked at the timing to aftershocks and didnt see any issue either. I agree with the MODs on this one, the last Mephisto was playing more aggressive. Once you started gaining aftershocks it looked like the normal .60 seconds each time one is gained. alright boys we can close this case. What's next?!

You're not getting it. It's not the aftershock dmg that's the issue.. the concussion dmg is lower than it normally is. They can totally test for this. Pre-patch 10 charges would do x amount of concussion and now 10 charges does less than x. No... they can't close this one. It's a serious issue.
  • Options
    OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    There is no such thing as "Concussion Damage". There is only Earthquake vibration and aftershock damage. The concussion only reduces the accuracy ability of a champion. So if pre 17.0 concussion damage was at 0 and post 17.0 concussion damage is at 0, than nothing has changed right?
  • Options
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    There is no such thing as "Concussion Damage". There is only Earthquake vibration and aftershock damage. The concussion only reduces the accuracy ability of a champion. So if pre 17.0 concussion damage was at 0 and post 17.0 concussion damage is at 0, than nothing has changed right?

Ok, so Aftershock damage is what I'm talking about... obviously
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,696 ★★★★★
    I appreciate everyone for bringing this to the forums. It’s been floating around a couple of chats I’m in, and as owner of a R4 5* Quake and a L99 4*, it’s concerning.

Svain’s video above highlights what I remember from the post-16.0 Quake: a large chunk of damage once stun goes into effect. After 17.0, that chunk of damage seems to have been scaled back. I noticed it first in the first two chapters of UC when my 5* seemed to take much longer to KO champs—as if the previous patch that augmented scaling had been diminished in 17.0.

A lot of us have invested significant resources into Quake. The last bug brought to the team (the AI “whiff” bug after her auto-evade that prevents a parry) was ultimately determined to be “working as intended.” That was something that could be worked around—this, however, seems like it takes the champion back to where she was pre-16. Please take a close look and make certain that she is actually working as she was after 16.0–not just that the inputs haven’t changed.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    @Kabam Porkchop @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Come back and see this again please some of us have to go through a 6 star mephisto multiple times in this uncollected event quest and I personally don't want to fight with a champ that has got problems.
  • Options
    Scoce wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

What level is your quake? There is a huge difference in dmg output. 3.5K per tick vs the 2.5K or so that it does now. Pre-patch I've seen almost 5K ticks for tons of aftershocks and now I can't seem to get a 3K tick in at all, even with 17+ charges.

At lower levels perhaps it's just not so noticeable to you. I'm using 5* Quake at r4.

I already said my quake is 5* rank 4. The damage output is exactly the same as before the update. 12 stacks yield 4K ish damage. Tested and it’s the same. I see in one video 1 guy stacked 17 and I’ve NEVER seen that many on my quake even using her against mordo who just stands there while in power gain. So yes everything is normal. It’s mere speculation base of 1 person creating a hype because they don’t know what the **** they are talking about. “I remember it being more”

None of those videos prove nothing more then proof that opponents are different in every fight. The time out the same the damage is the same etc... so y’all can stop freaking out and wait for a response as this isn’t a problem. Used my quake on uncollected monthly quest vs that mephisto and had no issue. Damage was on par with what it was before the update.