Options

Too many paths on new monthly quest

0dgng6yz3t79.png

The monthly quest (at least for the last few months) has had 3/4/5/5/6/7 paths on each quest but this month's 3rd quest has 6 paths. Anybody else notice this and was it intentional or just a design flaw?

Comments

• Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    It's misleading, but still only 5. All that matters is the NODE is filled in, not the LINE.

In that example picture, 1 more run to the left, 2 runs to the right, and you are 100%, for a total of 5 runs.
  • Options
    dkatryl wrote: »
    It's misleading, but still only 5. All that matters is the NODE is filled in, not the LINE.

In that example picture, 1 more run to the left, 2 runs to the right, and you are 100%, for a total of 5 runs.

Hmm. Has that changed? In the past, I seem to recall cases where every path had to be traversed to reach 100%.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Hmm. Has that changed? In the past, I seem to recall cases where every path had to be traversed to reach 100%.

i thought so too, but i already completed that map and dkatryl is correct
  • Options
    Mace532Mace532 Posts: 29
    Yeah I just saw, thanks guys. And there has been cases where you had to do a whole extra run for a small piece of path but I guess they did fix it.
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 463 ★★★
    I had to do a full run to fill in the other side of the main path in the middle at the end. I was 94% and had taken all nodes.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,402 ★★★★★

He's right, @DNA3000. There was another quest a month or two back where I 100% explored without covering a similar line. I didn't bring it up at the time because, why go looking for trouble?
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I started an identical thread yesterday, but people confirmed that it’s now the nodes not the lines that are counted and someone said they had done 5 runs for 100% already, apparently it was changed
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    🤨 First time I’m hearing someone on complaining about too much content. 😂 Well it is original and fresh, compared to all the ‘Nerf Blade’ threads.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Isn’t that only 5 paths? I don’t see 6. But the line has to be filled in quests not just the nodes. Getting all the nodes only counts for 100% for aq and aw
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Am I missing something I see 4 portals and one convergence on the middle giving 5 paths. How do some of you see 6 paths?
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The centre lane to boss has to be approached from both sides if lines still count, making it six, but one person has confirmed that lines don’t count so hopefully they are correct
  • Options
    mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    I just did 100% on this as well doing 5 runs, you don't need to fill in that useless line like in the past
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Mace532 wrote: »
    0dgng6yz3t79.png

The monthly quest (at least for the last few months) has had 3/4/5/5/6/7 paths on each quest but this month's 3rd quest has 6 paths. Anybody else notice this and was it intentional or just a design flaw?

Did you not notice how little energy it took to make one run through the map? It’s extremely short, thus more paths. No conspiracy here.
    Wrong.

You need 5 runs As has been stated several times.
    Run each path once and you'll be 100%.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    0dgng6yz3t79.png

Did you not notice how little energy it took to make one run through the map? It’s extremely short, thus more paths. No conspiracy here.
    Wrong.

Wrong.

Genius troll, I said nothing about the number of lanes. Was talking about energy. Two entirely different things.

Wrong.

You specifically said "more paths".
  • Options
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    0dgng6yz3t79.png

Wrong.

Wrong.

Genius troll, I said nothing about the number of lanes. Was talking about energy. Two entirely different things.

Wrong.

Wrong.

The focal point of my statement is that it’s less energy than most maps. Thus the appearance of more paths.

Wrong.

You just said "more paths" again. There are not more paths. There are 5 paths. There are always 5 paths.

• Options
    0dgng6yz3t79.png

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

The focal point of my statement is that it’s less energy than most maps. Thus the appearance of more paths.

Wrong.

You just said "more paths" again. There are not more paths. There are 5 paths. There are always 5 paths.

God your adorable. Keep up the good work. Every forum need someone patrolling on their high horse casting aspersions when not clearly understanding the argument being made. Which was that this map was no different than any other, which I stated from the beginning.

Wrong.

You didn't preface your reply with "Wrong."
  • Options
    nascminascmi Posts: 24
    Wrong.

2+3=7 is wrong!
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Same amount of paths designed to make you see more.
    That's all it is.. the energy costs are always the same in any quests
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    0dgng6yz3t79.png

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

God your adorable. Keep up the good work. Every forum need someone patrolling on their high horse casting aspersions when not clearly understanding the argument being made. Which was that this map was no different than any other, which I stated from the beginning.

Wrong. Lol.
    Your very first post quite clearly said "it's extremely short, thus more paths."
    The entire argument of the post was that this event was shorter and had MORE PATHS.