**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

idea: anonymous grinder option

Hi, first of all, I have to say that arena grinding is one of my favorite aspects of this game. It's a stress-reliever and it's cathartic, as well as a way to kill time. But the problem is, once you put up an insane amount of points in Arena Combat or Perfect Series, your alliance-mates start wondering how you can put up that amount of points. And you're judged a "loser"or "one that has no life" etc... and that's unfortunate because the reason some people play games in the first place is to escape the real world. It's like one is attempting to escape the real world only to be met with the same judgement and discrimination one suffers already in the real world.

So my suggestion is this: grant players an option to have their points in arena combat or perfect series only be visible up to a certain amount, then the rest of the points enters an "anonymous" pool. So for instance, Bob usually churns out 90k points...he could place a limit to his visible points at maybe 15K, then the rest will be anonymous and not tied to his identity at all. This way people who grind can enjoy the game at its fullest and not be judged.

Comments

• project314project314 Posts: 67
    edited February 2018
    Look at the arena cutoffs, there are plenty of grinders in this game. It’s not like you’re one of three individuals who do it, there are tens of thousands of arena grinders.

As for judgment, I’ll echo the others. You get mocked, consider an new alliance. I’m an alliance leader, I’ve got players who run basic arenas (I’m one of them), others who despise the arena format. I’ve never seen our more intense players ridiculed in any way. They might see us as intense, considering that it’s a time investment they find too important, but they’re happy for us when we succeed and they cheer us on. And it’s kinda nice to know who your fellow arena grinders are. =P
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Definitely change allies. They don’t appreciate you helping them rank higher in 3 day events? Weird.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    There are many alliances looking for you lol. Lots of alliances hit all the milestones in arena combat and perfect series which can't be done without arena grinders.
  • Dan99Dan99 Posts: 132
    Thank you for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. And yes I have been looking for a new alliance. Hopefully i can find one where i don't stick out like a sore thumb lol.
  • We are all grinders in our alliance. Feel free to look me up in game (same name) if you have the urge to be with like minded players :smile:
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    edited February 2018
    Let's not recode the entire arena points system cause you are in a crappy alliance.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Yeah OP, time to leave your alliance and join one with nicer people in it. Any problem they have is theirs, not yours. All the best with it dude.