**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Has this happened to anyone?

This is the weirdest thing that happened to me:
A week ago, I opened a 4 star crystal and got a Daredevil Classic
A few days ago, I opened another 4 star crystal and duped my Daredevil Classic
Today, I opened another 4 star crystal and got ANOTHER Daredevil classic!!!
Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Comments

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Yes actually, I got 3 Moonknights in a row a while back, consecutive 4* shard crystals.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Yes actually, I got 3 Moonknights in a row a while back, consecutive 4* shard crystals.

well, im getting another 4 star crystal soon. Lets see if I get another Daredevi Classic!
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Sold my 4* hulk buster to open a 5*. Opened a 5* hulk buster. next 4*? hulkbuster.
    that really sucks
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Pulled The Hood back to back.
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    the algorithm uses location to produce higher chances in certain champs at certain times, like you know your 4 rocket raccoon 2 stars in a row you got while sitting in your basement and then the 3 xfdp you got at your old condo in only 5 phcs. Lol it seems like it is a conspiracy, but alas no one can prove it :P No but really; I am interested at the odds of this happening since i seen many funny openings but wouldnt be surprised if its just being kinda lucky sorta? in a way?.
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Last year, I sold my 4* IP, Iron Fist, and Deadpool XF, for 5* shards- which turned into Antman. My next two 4* draws? Iron Fist and Deadpool XF. I also sold a 3* Groot that same day, my next 4* after IF and DPXF was Groot.
    RNG my A-- (donkey)
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    pulled back to back iron mans
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    In two years of playing I never got classic DD as a 4*. The other week a finally got him, couple days later when 6* came out grabbed his as a 6*, and duped my 4* an hour later.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I pulled the 2, 3, and 4* versions of Guillie all in the same span of time a while back. It happens. More rare to pull back-to-back, but not impossible. The computer doesn't take into account what you pull before. It just generates an outcome.
  • There is somebody on the team (who you might occasionally see in the Forums) that pulled Black Panther (the original) from a 4-Star Crystal 7 times in a row. It's statistically very uncommon, but it can happen!
  • There is somebody on the team (who you might occasionally see in the Forums) that pulled Black Panther (the original) from a 4-Star Crystal 7 times in a row. It's statistically very uncommon, but it can happen!

Hey Mike doin quick maths here, the odds are so low that I will check it out if its not a bug (0,0000000064% chance) being very conservative. The chance of being a bug in the algorithim is higher for sure.
    Actually, that's not how the odds work. It's not additive or multiplicative. Let's say, if there are 60 Champs in the Crystal, you have a 1/60 chance of getting one specific Champ (0.02%). It's the same chance every Crystal you open. Each Crystal is a separate generated outcome. It's not increased or decreased by what you draw previously.

And he/she didn't quit his/her job? Sorry :)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Gw, this is the strangest theory you keep pushing in forums, there is a whole form of mathematics called statistics, it is made for working out the odds of something happening, the odds of anything can have a percentage happening value worked out, there are theoretical anomalies for rng or cumulative odds. And while you are correct in saying that rng is not affected by previous openings. but if the question is ‘what are the odds of this happening’ a value can easily be assigned and in this case the value is a very simple equation. Which of course is purely theoretical but it is still acknowledged by 99% of people as a statistical value. Not sure why you continue to push this.
    On a side note, support staff have acknowledged that there is supposedly something in the algorithm which raises the odds to duplicate champs and was designed to aid people in getting dupes (just bad luck when they are bad champs) but I had it happen with both good and bad champs (magneto and sw to name two opposite ends of the spectrum) then again the support staff aren’t usually the most reliable source of info, but it would be very strange for them to know about this algorithm if it didn’t exist
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I actually got gamora once as a brand new champ 4 star then starting about 2 weeks later I kept pulling gamora from a premium once and then the rest from 4 star crystals until she was sig 99. Worst experience ever.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Still waiting to dupe my dd after years and every champ in the crystals
    fabbass wrote: »
    There is somebody on the team (who you might occasionally see in the Forums) that pulled Black Panther (the original) from a 4-Star Crystal 7 times in a row. It's statistically very uncommon, but it can happen!

Hey Mike doin quick maths here, the odds are so low that I will check it out if its not a bug (0,0000000064% chance) being very conservative. The chance of being a bug in the algorithim is higher for sure.
    Are those the current odds or the odds at the time it happened? If it happened over a year ago before 26 more champs were in the pool then the odds are far greater. The odds are even greater if it happened two years ago.

@Speeds80 You have the source for that? I think the interpretation of what was communicated is off.
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Still waiting to dupe my dd after years and every champ in the crystals
    fabbass wrote: »
    There is somebody on the team (who you might occasionally see in the Forums) that pulled Black Panther (the original) from a 4-Star Crystal 7 times in a row. It's statistically very uncommon, but it can happen!

Are those the current odds or the odds at the time it happened? If it happened over a year ago before 26 more champs were in the pool then the odds are far greater. The odds are even greater if it happened two years ago.

@Speeds80 You have the source for that? I think the interpretation of what was communicated is off.

Even if there were only 50 champs in the crystal at that time the odds of it happening are amazing: 0.00000000000128.
    Like dude should have bought a lotto ticket amazing.
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Gw, this is the strangest theory you keep pushing in forums, there is a whole form of mathematics called statistics, it is made for working out the odds of something happening, the odds of anything can have a percentage happening value worked out, there are theoretical anomalies for rng or cumulative odds. And while you are correct in saying that rng is not affected by previous openings. but if the question is ‘what are the odds of this happening’ a value can easily be assigned and in this case the value is a very simple equation. Which of course is purely theoretical but it is still acknowledged by 99% of people as a statistical value. Not sure why you continue to push this.
    On a side note, support staff have acknowledged that there is supposedly something in the algorithm which raises the odds to duplicate champs and was designed to aid people in getting dupes (just bad luck when they are bad champs) but I had it happen with both good and bad champs (magneto and sw to name two opposite ends of the spectrum) then again the support staff aren’t usually the most reliable source of info, but it would be very strange for them to know about this algorithm if it didn’t exist

The odds are the same for every opening. The statistical probability in the example I gave is literally 0.02% everytime. You could literally roll the same Champ 100 times in a row. Yes, it becomes more rare the more times in a row, but not impossible. RNG does not take into account the previous outcomes. I'm not entertaining the conspiracy theory that pulls are altered based on previous ones. If you're using responses from Support as valid argument, I'm afraid you're not aware of how valid that argument is. Lol.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Actually, that's not how the odds work. It's not additive or multiplicative. Let's say, if there are 60 Champs in the Crystal, you have a 1/60 chance of getting one specific Champ (0.02%). It's the same chance every Crystal you open. Each Crystal is a separate generated outcome. It's not increased or decreased by what you draw previously.

Actually that's not true at all. Your right that the odds of the crystal are always the same (they are independent thus the odds of the next pull is not changed by the first... but you CAN calculate the odds of pulling the same exact champ 5 times in a row assuming you know the odds of pulling that champ (its really simple math actually... if you like I would do it out long form for you?).

Here is a post that explains it in a very simple way that might help you:

18n5le.jpg
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

The odds are the same for every opening. The statistical probability in the example I gave is literally 0.02% everytime. You could literally roll the same Champ 100 times in a row. Yes, it becomes more rare the more times in a row, but not impossible. RNG does not take into account the previous outcomes. I'm not entertaining the conspiracy theory that pulls are altered based on previous ones. If you're using responses from Support as valid argument, I'm afraid you're not aware of how valid that argument is. Lol.

I think what he is saying you can statistically come up with a number for the odds of two separate events happening, if given the odds of both events. And you're saying thats not possible. Its a stats question, not a game question.

His second paragraph is the game comment

I think what he is saying you can statistically come up with a number for the odds of two separate events happening, if given the odds of both events. And you're saying thats not possible. Its a stats question, not a game question.

Yes I was talking about the odds themselves. You could calculate the statistical probability of anything, really. As with anything in life, it has a randomness that doesn't always make sense on paper. Lol.

Yes I was talking about the odds themselves. You could calculate the statistical probability of anything, really. As with anything in life, it has a randomness that doesn't always make sense on paper. Lol.

Completely wrong... if you have two specific odds for specific (unrelated) events, there is an acceptable mathematical way to represent the odds of both events happening. Not to mention true random cannot happen in programming.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I got guillotine up to sig 99 by only pulling her from phcs. Right after she got to 99 I pulled her from a 4* crystal the same opening

Completely wrong... if you have two specific odds for specific (unrelated) events, there is an acceptable mathematical way to represent the odds of both events happening. Not to mention true random cannot happen in programming.

RNG is a quasi-random. Yes. In the case of the 4/5* Basics, there's no drop rates, so it's closer to a true random.
    When did I argue that you couldn't calculate it? I said it doesn't always make sense. Hence "How is it possible to pull the same Champ 3 times?". I feel like this is a needless argument.

RNG is a quasi-random. Yes. In the case of the 4/5* Basics, there's no drop rates, so it's closer to a true random.
    When did I argue that you couldn't calculate it? I said it doesn't always make sense. Hence "How is it possible to pull the same Champ 3 times?". I feel like this is a needless argument.

scroll back. someone gave a rough calculation that i believe was just exaggerating saying it had a very very small chance, and you started arguing that they cant be additive or multiplied.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

you're actually wrong here. It's probability just like flipping a coin. you got a 50% chance of landing heads, but what are the chances of you flipping the coin heads twice in a row. it's 25%. and three times 1/8th, etc