**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Account Sharing Allowed?

In Seatin's recent Youtube video, he admitted that he practices account sharing and goes on to make a case of why it should be allowed. I agree with him on most of his points, but I thought Kabam rules states that account sharing isn't allowed and can lead to you being banned?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No it is not allowed, and yes it can lead to being banned.
  • It is against the TOS so no but there is no enforcement so happy pilot an Alliance war
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Not really they don't seem to care as long as you spend a lot of money and promote the game, and they basically said as much which is why seatin got off lightly
    In Seatin's recent Youtube video, he admitted that he practices account sharing and goes on to make a case of why it should be allowed. I agree with him on most of his points, but I thought Kabam rules states that account sharing isn't allowed and can lead to you being banned?

It's allowed if you spend enough and/or get enough views on YouTube.

Clearly it's not allowed because he was removed from the Program. Disciplinary actions taken are up to their discretion. Discussing them is not allowed here for a reason. We don't know what they decided. They could have said that being removed was enough considering he was seen by many in the community, and that would be an example. I'm not justifying Sharing. I'm with the majority. It's against the rules. I'm just pointing out that it's not our call how they deal with those who are caught. Each case is individual and they make judgments based on those circumstances. Don't get me wrong. If it was my call, people who share on a regular basis would be out regardless of who they were. It's just not my call, and I don't know all the circumstances surrounding their calls. It's up to them. At the end of the day, you also have to have a system that's fair in its assessment of consequences. You can't wave the Ban Hammer in the dark.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I think the main issue here is that Voldemort (I won't type his name, he must not be named...lol) had no in-game consequences for his admitted actions when others have received 7 day bans. Make no mistake, I shed no tears for those that have received piloting bans....but if I had received a ban for it and saw all of this play out....I would be ticked. It is a PR/optics issue that could have been handled much better.
  • Please keep this in mind that calling out other players or Alliances is not allowed. If you have any questions, please see this thread for further information.
    I'm not justifying anything. I'm just saying we don't know what was decided. I have my own views on people that I keep to myself. That doesn't mean I'm not cognizant of the fact that there were consequences, and the difference is most people don't have them play out in front of a few thousand people. Lol. The reality is people are responsible for their own actions, whatever the outcome, and it's no secret that it's not allowed.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★

Clearly it's not allowed because he was removed from the Program. Disciplinary actions taken are up to their discretion. Discussing them is not allowed here for a reason. We don't know what they decided. They could have said that being removed was enough considering he was seen by many in the community, and that would be an example. I'm not justifying Sharing. I'm with the majority. It's against the rules. I'm just pointing out that it's not our call how they deal with those who are caught. Each case is individual and they make judgments based on those circumstances. Don't get me wrong. If it was my call, people who share on a regular basis would be out regardless of who they were. It's just not my call, and I don't know all the circumstances surrounding their calls. It's up to them. At the end of the day, you also have to have a system that's fair in its assessment of consequences. You can't wave the Ban Hammer in the dark.

He was removed not for account sharing but using the content creator champ in aw
    MattScott wrote: »

He was removed not for account sharing but using the content creator champ in aw
    Both.
    He stated that they told him it was for using a champion he didn’t earn in a competitive fashion (aq/aw) and for violating the NDA on new champion information to others.

Not for account sharing
    We all know that they aren’t going to do anything.

His “punishment” is he doesn’t have to do reviews for every single new champion. Oh my!
    @Dropfaith keep up the good fight. lol
    edited February 2018
    He stated that they told him it was for using a champion he didn’t earn in a competitive fashion (aq/aw) and for violating the NDA on new champion information to others.

Not for account sharing

Read the Announcement.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/19157/announcing-the-start-of-our-content-creators-program#latest
  • DadouSanDadouSan Posts: 35
    Man have you ever played in AQ 5 or 6
    Time is precious and it's really common to log on someone's account to make few moves.

And I really hope as long as it's only to move in alliance contents Kabam tolerate it.
    I did read it, one line about sharing and 12 sentences and a full page of text regarding NDA
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Ok say he gets a 7 day ban. How does this affect anything? It’s a slap on the wrist. It doesn’t change a thing. Move along. I can’t really believe u guys are wasting this much time and energy on this. 7 days off will change nothing
    DadouSan wrote: »
    Man have you ever played in AQ 5 or 6
    Time is precious and it's really common to log on someone's account to make few moves.

And I really hope as long as it's only to move in alliance contents Kabam tolerate it.

That's the problem. People accept this as an excuse, and here we are having this same discussion years later. It's against the rules. If you're not around to play your own Account, then you can't move. One person should be doing their own work, not multiple people working the same Account.
  • I think kabam needs to learn from this and make aq timers to 30 mins.

Account sharing is common when running map 6 or 5.
    Yeah GW. Have you ever played map 5. Lol
    edited February 2018
    I did read it, one line about sharing and 12 sentences and a full page of text regarding NDA

That's not what was said. The entire Post was about how Sharing is not allowed and how it relates to the NDA because the individual in question allowed someone to use the Champ. Slightly askew there.
    Yeah GW. Have you ever played map 5. Lol

Yes. I played my own Account too.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

That's not what was said. The entire Post was about how Sharing is not allowed and how it relates to the NDA because the individual in question allowed someone to use the Champ. Slightly askew there.

Wrong. This is what was said about account sharing:
    '...but also confirmed to us that they take part in account sharing.
    Not only is account sharing against our terms of service, this...'
    Everything before and after those two sentences was relating to his alliance mate having early access to a champ and the signed NDA.
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Everything before and after those two sentences was relating to his alliance mate having early access to a champ and the signed NDA.

Bingo! I don't know how someone can read that and think otherwise. But this is the same guy that says buying crystals isn't gambling.
    Snizzbar wrote: »

How did the mate have access to the Champ, and what area was it used in? We can fill in the blanks, but we won't.

It doesn't matter where it was mentioned in the Post. It's against the rules, and it wouldn't have been mentioned if it wasn't a factor in the decision. Just because it wasn't mentioned by the individual doesn't mean it had nothing to do with it, especially given their expressed view that it should be allowed.
    The bottom line is Account Sharing is NOT allowed. There needs to be absolutely no more minimizing of this fact because it's a huge problem. Pretending it's acceptable under certain conditions is not doing anyone any favours. It's not allowed. It can lead to a ban. Regardless of their choice on action regarding individual violations, it's against the TOS and bannable.
    They didn't "do nothing".
    Punishments are up to their discretion. It's not for us to decide. They're individual and based on the situation and their own judgment. If you want to go ahead and use that as a justification to cheat, be my guest. I won't be doing it anytime soon. Lol.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Once again, for the slowest among us: they did nothing relating to his account sharing. NOTHING.
    The only action they took was to kick him out of the creators program for placing an exclusive champ in a war, and for allowing access to the same champ by a member of his alliance, which violates the NDA. If *IF* he had been punished for account sharing, then there would have been a ban. No question. He is NOT currently banned; therefore he has not been punished for the share.
This discussion has been closed.