**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When will Kabam address piloting in AW

Piloting in AW is a major issue in top brackets (master/platinum). It should be fairly easy for Kabam to detect same device ID logging into multiple accounts during the attack phase. I know the usual answer is to open a ticket because it needs to be investigated but in this case we need an in-game solution/feature to prevent it from happening (or at least discourage it).

Will Kabam address this issue before the end of AW season?

*Piloting- few highly skilled players exploring AW map with maximum attack bonus (3-5 deaths per war)

Comments

• Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    We can only hope they can allocate some resources and start monitoring it closer, following up on reports, doing some investigation and taking action when allys/members are found to be cheating. Not sure how serious they are taking it but hopefully they are looking at ways to eliminate it for the benefit of the contest, making it a fair one.

Hopefully they can think of a way to prevent it so that they don’t have to spend time, money and resources investigating every war that is suspected of piloting. A solution that prevents or makes it more difficult to pilot. No idea how they could do it but I’m sure they are smart enough to think of something 😁
  • Options
    Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Hey guys sorry to chime in but , Not all people that login differs accounts on the same devise are cheating . My daughter has an iPad 2 ( not supported by game anymore) so it is useless, she plays on her phone , except when playing above her head or wars and AQ. Then she uses my iPad Air , ( way better than her phone) . We don’t know each other’s login info , we do have morals, So there needs to be a different way to catch the cheaters than just going by login , thhans and sorry again for butting in
  • Options
    Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Sorry. And I also have 2 accounts of my own, So one device 3 account , and all legit .
  • Options
    DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    My wife and I both play MCOC - we play on our phones, iPads etc - it is basically whichever one is around at the time / charged, will determine which device is used, so detecting the same device ID logging into multiple accounts is not really going to cut it I am afraid.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    They have their own ways of detecting it. Many people share devices and have multiple Accounts. I'm sure they take that into account. It's pretty obvious regardless. If Joe Smith is in an Ally and logs on from the same device and location regularly, and begins logging on as Jane Doe across the country, for the purpose of War and AQ, it's not that covert. Lol
  • Options
    weapon_xweapon_x Posts: 29
    Just to clarify, this is not an issue with someone having a couple of accounts in the family as mentioned. This is about “professional” pilots clearing maps in AW. Some of them (so called mercs) even get compensated for this work since it takes hours to clear a battle group, but most are probably doing it for free to get better rewards for their own alliance. I can provide a lot of useful information and some detection ideas. Mods - please PM if you’re interested
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,697 ★★★★★
    I feel like we have discussed this before.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    There are legitimate reasons which make this type of activity hard to block.

1) Same IP: Some of us live/work/game together and connect through the same wifi so using IP as a detection method would ban/block people that happen to be in the same location. Some Mobile/Cellular providers do NOT give you a public IP, but rather NAT everyone through a single IP address.

2) Device ID: Again players often share devices, especially when you work/play/live in the same place. We have a couple dozen players in my work place and we often use each other devices and some have formed work alliances. When you have enough people playing and scheduled break times, someone will pass around their device that way if someone else had forgotten to bring theirs with them, has low battery, or device is tied up doing something else they can still play.
  • Options
    DocStrangeDocStrange Posts: 36
    I see the frustration and that everyone thinks it’s as simple as detecting IP jumps and banning those people. But unfortunately it isn’t as simple as that. Me and quite a few others I know use a VPN to protect ourselves from hackers trying to steal personal information or data from our devices. It switches our IP to a random location to make it harder for hackers to target us. So if people started getting banned for IP jumps then some honest people would receive a ban too.
  • Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    This issue is more complex than most people realize on here.
    There are so many variations and circumstances (as some people have mentioned here already) that it would be almost impossible to do it and even when they address it somehow, there will be a lot of players with legit circumstances will get screwed and that will results in more tickets for kabam and more threads on the forum.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Piloting fix for AW: COMING SOON! :smile:
    I really hope this gets fixed, though I doubt it will ever happen.
  • Options
    ImranAzharImranAzhar Posts: 34
    Kabam should allow for account sharing . As simple as that. Whether it's piloting or selling accounts , it does not matter. Make it legit. It is easier for kabam and for the rest of us. I am all for it.
  • Options
    weapon_x wrote: »
    Piloting in AW is a major issue in top brackets (master/platinum). It should be fairly easy for Kabam to detect same device ID logging into multiple accounts during the attack phase. I know the usual answer is to open a ticket because it needs to be investigated but in this case we need an in-game solution/feature to prevent it from happening (or at least discourage it).

Will Kabam address this issue before the end of AW season?

*Piloting- few highly skilled players exploring AW map with maximum attack bonus (3-5 deaths per war)

Here is the way i see it from their pov

uc3jv62gkqvs.jpg
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    They will probably react if this issue hits them, otherwise they won't care...

Well, it actually does hit them. If an Alliance is using pilots and only suffering a handful of deaths, then the less skilled players aren't buying pots and revives to clear their lanes.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    ImranAzhar wrote: »
    Kabam should allow for account sharing . As simple as that. Whether it's piloting or selling accounts , it does not matter. Make it legit. It is easier for kabam and for the rest of us. I am all for it.

Changing the rules because people refuse to abide by them is not a solution. There are reasons it's a rule that range from security to creating unfair advantages. The bottom line is, if people aren't on, they can't move. Simple as that. More than one person should not be doing the work for one Account. It undermines the entire fairness of the game, and if people care more about Rewards than respecting the rules, then perhaps they need to be a member of a group less fanatical in its devotion, like the PLO. :/
  • Options
    weapon_xweapon_x Posts: 29
    imnoone wrote: »
    There are so many variations and circumstances (as some people have mentioned here already) that it would be almost impossible to do it and even when they address it somehow, there will be a lot of players with legit circumstances will get screwed and that will results in more tickets for kabam and more threads on the forum.

It’s not as complex as it seems. I read a few comments here about sharing phones at work etc.

If same device ID logs in to multiple accounts in the same alliance during the attack phase, it’s a red flag. They can detect if you’re fighting in AW
  • Options

It’s not as complex as it seems. I read a few comments here about sharing phones at work etc.

If same device ID logs in to multiple accounts in the same alliance during the attack phase, it’s a red flag. They can detect if you’re fighting in AW

Except for when you are in alliance doing war with your co-workers that pass a device around....
  • Options
    spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 141

Except for when you are in alliance doing war with your co-workers that pass a device around....

Still seams like a red flag. 30 people or 10 people would have more than one device available. Seams super fissssshy
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I will try again.....
    Hopefully they will look into this.....
    Just as i hope they look into the use of one hit mods in wars....
    And hiring mercinaries who use mods also for wars....

Hopefully they look into all of this soon as it costs alot of people alot of wars
  • Options
    spaceoak wrote: »

Still seams like a red flag. 30 people or 10 people would have more than one device available. Seams super fissssshy

To you it seems fishy, to others it's reality. 10+ probably could be a red flag, but It would be dangerous to ban for it. Especially since IOS outperforms most Android's it's not uncommon for that to be the device passed. I've watched this at work, with them projecting it on a big screen in the break room.
  • Options
    Who cares if people share their account info. They do it at their own risk. People have real life issues and go on vacations and things like that. Sometimes you need a cover and don’t want to screw you alliance. And just because an alliance walks through your defense doesn’t mean that’s piloting. Could mean they are good at fighting. Or maybe your defense sucks. “Oh man they are all active at the same time, they must be piloting.” A lot of hardcore alliances are like that. Stop all the whining.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    They will address it when those Pilots stop being the majority of their income.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Just to clarify, this is not an issue with someone having a couple of accounts in the family as mentioned. This is about “professional” pilots clearing maps in AW. Some of them (so called mercs) even get compensated for this work since it takes hours to clear a battle group, but most are probably doing it for free to get better rewards for their own alliance. I can provide a lot of useful information and some detection ideas. Mods - please PM if you’re interested

They have some detection methods, but they better be 100% fool proof or don't bother. That's the point.
  • Options
    MohgleyMohgley Posts: 7
    edited February 2018
    I don’t see where it’s a problem to have people move for you if they are a better fighter it sounds like a bunch of sore losers complaining about losing a war because the other alliance has a couple guys with god tier thumbs it’s not hacking it’s not anything abusive it’s a person fighting war legitimately some people are just better fighters and with that being the case it only makes sense that you would want your star players taking the shots
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I can see both sides, but idc enough to pick a side.