**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which boss is the hardest to kill in AW?

2»

Comments

• AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Thought it said modok
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Dormammu
    Dormy and Spidey. Still have trouble sometimes with Dorms moves, then there's all of the unavoidable damage that isn't as easily countered as magik to me.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Dormammu
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7yfm09/aw_boss_kill_dxasg_magik_vs_ssx2_dormammu/?st=JDT2YETK&sh=dd3b890b

@Deadbyrd9 Here’s how you solo a 4/55 duped Dormammu with max MD AW boss. Still waiting for someone to post a video of soloing a 4/55 duped Medusa AW boss (Tier 1-4).

Not hard if you bring someone to deal with buffs. Scarlet Witch, Hood, etc. You just need the right counters for the current AW meta.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Nightcrawler
    Yondu, mordo, hyperion
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Modok due to Auto Parry. Kabam said he wasn't supposed to. At least Medusa states that it triggers parry. With Blade or Glad Hulk champs like Dorm, Meph and Magik aren't as good and now half the damn game has Blade.
  • Nightcrawler
    Modok he’s annoying with his auto block same level of annoyinness with knightcrawler and his evade
  • Nightcrawler
    Modok he’s annoying with his auto block same level of annoyinness with knightcrawler and his evade
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Dormammu
    @DTMelodicMetal I have yet to solo a medusa because I run out of time. Usually I get her below 20% with a 4/55 magik and time out. A 5/65 magik could do it easily. I place my magik on defense now which is why dormamu is my toughest boss to fight. Also don’t have blade like everyone does now so I have no good options for him. Would rather fight Medusa since I can intercept very well
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Where are you MODOK / Medusa?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Not hard if you bring someone to deal with buffs. Scarlet Witch, Hood, etc. You just need the right counters for the current AW meta.

@LoPresti I'm curous how a 4/55 duped Hood would do against a top tier Medusa AW boss, MD would feed him like crazy with her fury and adaptive. I'm taking my SW to r5 this weekend for AW Medusa bosses.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal I have yet to solo a medusa because I run out of time. Usually I get her below 20% with a 4/55 magik and time out. A 5/65 magik could do it easily. I place my magik on defense now which is why dormamu is my toughest boss to fight. Also don’t have blade like everyone does now so I have no good options for him. Would rather fight Medusa since I can intercept very well

That's impressive! Adaptive makes soloing 4/55 AW bosses challenging, 3 minutes is not much time to do 200K+ damage with multiple physical and energy resistance buffs. Medusa is especially challenging because without power control you get cornered and when she has 3 fury her sp2 takes off 40%+ health of 4/55 champs from block damage alone.

Well said that a 5/65 Magik could get the job done with enough skill. A 5/65 Hood and 5/65 Gwenpool could probably go the solo KO too.
  • Why isn't modok on the list?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Dormammu
    A guy in my alliance soloed a 4/55 Medusa with a 4/55 ghost rider about an hour ago @DTMelodicMetal lol.

The resistance buffs help magik. Just run MD spam sp3 is what I do. Get in a few intercepts when she doesn’t have 3 furies
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Magik
    I struggle against magik the most
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Magik
    Maldroit1 wrote: »
    Why isn't modok on the list?

Check the date of the poll
    Then check the date of Modok arena
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Spiderman Classic
    Spider-Man always catches me sooner or later, same with Dorms degen. Dorm is easy to fight unduped but entirely different duped, throws my play style off and dash when I shouldn't. I would love to have Gulk. Mephisto is a joke anymore, there so many counters to him. Solo'ed him today..easy as pie.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7yfm09/aw_boss_kill_dxasg_magik_vs_ssx2_dormammu/?st=JDT2YETK&sh=dd3b890b

@Deadbyrd9 Here’s how you solo a 4/55 duped Dormammu with max MD AW boss. Still waiting for someone to post a video of soloing a 4/55 duped Medusa AW boss (Tier 1-4).

FYI a bit late but here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5svRdfBhwIY

Jump to 8:53 for the final boss fight.

Its a very skilled fight, especially pacing the fury stacks and hitting into Medusa's block so she doesn't auto block.

I certainly can't do that, but it can be done.
  • Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    Magik
    Nightcrawler and Hyperion isn't bad
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Mephisto
    Boss node is unstunnable so why put Mordo there?
    Mephisto is hateful if you havent got Rulk, Blade or Iceman.
    And where is Medusa? Would have voted for her if she was there, she is the most painful fight imo.
    And tier 4 - 3 aw here