Options

Blade, the new scarlet wich

Comments

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,877 ★★★★★
    Jokepool wrote: »
    This game as becoming frustrating to play.
    Basically if you have blade you can deal with the majority of things the game trow at you, if you get like falcons and she hulks, or the ones that need a dup to be playable, you just get stuck and cant do anything.
    Kabam really need to balance the odds and the champs on the game

I don’t have Blade and have done everything, so he isn’t that necessary.

Even with SW, could still get things done, she just made it a hell of a lot easier.

Soon another champ will come and out-do Blade too.

I have to agree with this. He's good, no doubt about it, but he's not the same as SW pre12.0. I think people forget that they have been dealing with things before he came about. Personally I haven't gotten caught up in the hype. Eventually they'll have counters for him and the new "Next Best Thing" will come along. I think there has been a bit too much hype about him, and when something new comes along, inevitably people will be up in arms over their Blade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble. I'm just being realistic. Things change.

True story! Amen!

It’s like we see champs coming around now who are immune to cold snap and icemans powers.

Eventually there will be counters to Blade, will be interested to see how it’s done though as they can’t really be villains lol.
  • Options
    SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    There'll never be a champ that even comes close to pre patch 12.0 scarlet witch, she was the be all and end all that had no weakness. Blade on the other hand especially out of the holy trinity will run into road blocks. Give it time and we'll get more counters to him aswell as champs that make him look average, ebbs and flows
  • Options
    mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    Everyone knows Blade is way too good so no need to keep talking about the truth.
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Try to fight bishop, colossus, iceman, nebula with blade. Then compare again.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    oh look, another "nerf blade" thread
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Every game has one or two champions that's easier to use than others because you don't have a champion I don't think it calls for a nerf, try to make use of what you have, Blade is good I have him and unless you have ghost rider and spidey he's not too OP, I find my self using AA and Iceman more, I love SW she's my and Malik they're my MVP.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    Nowhere near sw pre12.0 stop comparing blade to pre 12.0 sw. All this tells me is you didn’t play the game before 12.0 cause if you did you would not be making this comparison. Stay salty my friend

Try bringing a 3* Blade with Spark GR and clearing Act 4. You'll see.
  • Options
    Sac123_ wrote: »
    Hey quick question for those who think blade is the new sw. Can you be hit by an enemy with a crit and get a regen and put a poison on them just by them hitting You? If not, then don't compare the two. That's an insult to pre 12.0 she's memory

Can you hold block and regen on demand with SW? Seriously. Pffft.
  • Options
    Imran wrote: »
    Try to fight bishop, colossus, iceman, nebula with blade. Then compare again.

That's why you bring Spark together with Blade.

Same as why you bring a 3-4 men Crit Team with SW.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Sac123_ wrote: »
    Hey quick question for those who think blade is the new sw. Can you be hit by an enemy with a crit and get a regen and put a poison on them just by them hitting You? If not, then don't compare the two. That's an insult to pre 12.0 she's memory

SW only regen by her hitting them. So she doesn’t get regen from being hit either. She has different spells for offense and different spells for defense. But blade is not even close to what she was. Chain stun and power lock the whole fight. SW is still great. Put her with quake and HE. I’ve had 3 regens at once with her. She got a lot of her stuffs back. They just reduced the length of a lot of stuffs like stun and power lock. Reduced her chance of regen from 15% to 5%
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Jokepool wrote: »
    Yes, its great to see the holy trinity go trow your defense in AW like is nothing,and see blade turn of all the abilities of your defenders. Its just ridiculous.

Play different champs 5* or 6* Cable for one. Iceman, Medusa, Ultron, Sentinel, NC. Be smart about your placement. If you haven’t put in th time or money to get there yet then start with that.

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,260 ★★★★★
    Blade nerf posts, the new forum spam.

It’s the new rank down tickets, although I’m sure they’ll pop up every so often
  • Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    SangoSayen wrote: »
    I agree with the author of this thread. blade is an abuse as Scarlet witch had the mutant team. blade is over used. it allows to finish easy without paying expensive
    -act 5.4
    -act 5.5
    - legend run titles
    - labyrynth of legend
    - -attack war

it completely ruined the game.

Please kabam repair the contest

I clear my War lines and solo bosses w/o Blade. Completed all of Act 5 w/o Blade using resources I saved thru event quest and daily crystals. Have no desire to do legends run it’s a watered down title. Ppl have completed LOL long before Blade came to the contest.

Don’t own Blade but there are some in my ally who do and they stil struggle to do the above. He isn’t a cheat code and there are plenty other champs that, if used properly will get you thru hard content. Just b/c you are jealous of Blade owners, see your mystic defenders get wrecked while not adjusting your defense properly doesn’t mean he needs a nerf. SW before 12.0 was on a another level. I cleared ROL w/ a 4/40 using no items.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    linux wrote: »
    Menkent wrote: »
    I got blade and awakened him. He's good, but honestly... it's mostly hype. He relies on a synergy team and even then he's not a Swiss army knife. I think I'd actually prefer a dupe archangel. The YouTubers make blade look amazing because many of them are top tier fighters.

I have a duped AA. The problems with his ability reduction:
    (1) it requires you build bleed, and poison; then convert to neurotoxin -- making him almost useless (other than being a 4/55 with high stats) against a large percentage of champs (either bleed or poison immune, but especially bleed immune champs)
    (2) all the conditions expire

Basically -- you can totally lock down opponents if you have time to build those or good luck on rng with one try -- or you can be stuck with a single neurotoxin (or none) trying to build up while your opponent's abilities are mostly unchecked.

Blade has passive 85% ability reduction. That's crazy; it's enough that I tried 7 times for him (no blade in my "blade" crystals :cry: ). I have a great set of 5*s (DV, Angela, Hyperion, Sparky, SL, AA, Void, NC (unduped), Magik, GP (3/45), Hela, Rag Hulk, etc) ... I can clear everything without Blade. But Blade is clearly the best answer for AW because of his flexible passive ability reduction, esp combined with some on-demand healing; I sometimes use him as a 4* on account of that.

It's not like pre-12.0 SW; but it's still much better than other champs. There's a reason almost everyone who can ranks up Blade, and why he's overrepresented on legends runs.

Whaaaat? Archangel almost useless?
    He is a killing machine!
    In understand that against a Bleed immune he is just a regular champ... but he is still immune to ability accuracy reduction. Even more, limbo doesn't affect him when Magik is under neurotoxins, and Neurotoxins are easy to trigger if you know how to use him.

I have an awakened 4 star Blade, which is not on par with my 4/55 Archangel, but I still can use AA fully without the need to bring one or two champs to make him greater. I use Blade against awakened Dormammus mostly, and to make my Sparky stronger. But you don't need Blade to beat content. I did uncollected without Blade or Sparky. Mostly because I also have Medusa, and there are a lot of Robots this month.

Now Scarlet Witch was and is able to regen 100% without you doing anything or risking being hit. She places poison and heal block and power lock, she can power drain and power steal (now working). And she was able to do all this before she was nerfed, she just doesn't trigger it that much. But it will still happen in long fights. I do not see Blade doing any of this with so much ease. I understand that Blade does a lot of damage, but the Witch can do some crazy stuff that can remove 50% of the opponent health in one hit. So, no, Blade is not the new SW.
  • Options
    Quicksilver44Quicksilver44 Posts: 59
    @Kabam Miike please close this thread. They are trying to nerf Blade becouse they don't have him. It's not fair
  • Options
    MikedabisMikedabis Posts: 16
    here we go with the crying look I saved for blade and didn't get him stop crying you Wil get him sooner or later their are champs better then blade like ice man why nobody crying about him that cold snap and frost bite and ice armor is insane just tell the truth your mad cause your not one of the cool kids with blade 🤣😂🤣😂 omg grow up
  • Options
    JCPer14JCPer14 Posts: 79
    Dizzy wrote: »
    xnljm2428wf8.gif

Blade is OP, plain and simple. You shouldn’t be able to one shot LoL Rulk this easily.

LoL Rulk???? 1* hahahaha
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    I don't have Blade, but I'm personally fine with the game. This idiot is just butt-hurt he lost out on Blade, although he has Voodoo & Ghost Rider... Easily God-Tier Champions that you can do practically anything with. No player in .deserves to share a game with this moron
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

linux wrote: »
    Menkent wrote: »
    I got blade and awakened him. He's good, but honestly... it's mostly hype. He relies on a synergy team and even then he's not a Swiss army knife. I think I'd actually prefer a dupe archangel. The YouTubers make blade look amazing because many of them are top tier fighters.

Blade has passive 85% ability reduction. That's crazy; it's enough that I tried 7 times for him (no blade in my "blade" crystals :cry: ). I have a great set of 5*s (DV, Angela, Hyperion, Sparky, SL, AA, Void, NC (unduped), Magik, GP (3/45), Hela, Rag Hulk, etc) ... I can clear everything without Blade. But Blade is clearly the best answer for AW because of his flexible passive ability reduction, esp combined with some on-demand healing; I sometimes use him as a 4* on account of that.

It's not like pre-12.0 SW; but it's still much better than other champs. There's a reason almost everyone who can ranks up Blade, and why he's overrepresented on legends runs.

Blade does not have a passive 85% ability reduction. It’s 40%. And with spark on his team, it’s 58%.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »
    Nowhere near sw pre12.0 stop comparing blade to pre 12.0 sw. All this tells me is you didn’t play the game before 12.0 cause if you did you would not be making this comparison. Stay salty my friend

Try bringing a 3* Blade with Spark GR and clearing Act 4. You'll see.

Lmao are you serious? I finished act 4 before the nerf with 2 4*r4 Deadpool x-force and moon knight and that’s when juggs was a boss not the cup cake you noobs get to fight.