**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How am I supposed to play this game,

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
Seriously what am I to do. If your game mechanics will,not let me hit or trigger special three.

It's infuriating that I cannot hit special,three until your game decides it ok. I a, hitting and frantically pressing the screen. Yet I cannot hit special,threee untilll the games decided it's oil,and after I spend to make it happen because I dead. o3l2uurolmuc.png

Ok full disclosure I apologized for,my terrible grammar.

I am pissed

Comments

• Options
    Go a pair, revive and take him down.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Use Guillys SP2
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    It happened to me before (not this month, but it happened). It's strange but this is what I know...

1. Sometimes against new champions, we are not used to the length of their animations, and we press the special before the animation is over (and it gets ignored).
    2. Every now and then, if you want to special intercept a special, with some champions it just doesn't happen.
    3. Another possibility is with some champions that recover a bar of power instantly and they chain specials. (They keep spamming their first special and because of the animations, you can only block or evade, but cannot intercept).

Now, I didn't have problems against Sabretooth, so I am not sure what is happening in your case, I would just recommend you to play it safe and wait for the animations to end.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I use Guilly all the time in AQ, and the one thing that works best for me is to not use any of her specials at all. Build up as many souls as you can, then use her SP3 to finish the fight. More souls mean more health steal, so it serves as a more reliable regen.

To finish the fight, he trick is to multiply her souls by 2 to determine the amount of health she will take off with her SP3. (so if she has 12 souls, she will take off ~24% health). Once the AI drops below that threshold, SP3 ends it.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    2. Every now and then, if you want to special intercept a special, with some champions it just doesn't happen.

Yep, there are windows of time when you cannot activate a special when your opponent is in the middle of one. I call it a "root" but that's just a historical game mechanic thing for me. Essentially, some special attacks are not interruptible by other special attacks. It is odd, but it is not random or glitchy it is predictable once you've noticed it. I don't know why the developers have made this happen for certain attacks and not others, and I don't know if it is always intentional or not.

The odd part is how it seems to be specific to certain attacks: some attacks prevent some other attacks from being triggered, but other attacks activate fine against those attacks. I wonder if it is related to how some champions' attacks are capable of hitting through Mordo's astral evade, apparently not explicitly by design.