**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

With the odds so low, why is a 300 unit crystal almost $10

Why so expensive.? 300 unit is almost $10 each. I’m surprised people Still buy this

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It’s not going to stop whales from buying them. It seemed obvious it would be less than 1% to get the 5* featured from a featured gmc
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-14 on the featured crystals that have a 20% chance and I pulled Blade from a featured GM. Got the GM in frustration and it paid off but I haven't got any since. So many units for 3*s.
  • Options
    BreakoutBreakout Posts: 35
    over 1 year ago, where 5* where rare as the 6* nowadays and 4* were needed to play events and am/aw, the crystals cost 150 units.
    now we shifted to 6* and 5* are common like 4*, the crystal costs 300 units and people are still buying them....
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Breakout wrote: »
    over 1 year ago, where 5* where rare as the 6* nowadays and 4* were needed to play events and am/aw, the crystals cost 150 units.
    now we shifted to 6* and 5* are common like 4*, the crystal costs 300 units and people are still buying them....

That’s an economic term for this, “inflation”.
  • Options

From what I can tell. If everything is relative the prices have doubled. $10 for a 3*

• Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

Those 150 unit crystals are still there.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Why so expensive.? 300 unit is almost $10 each. I’m surprised people Still buy this
    Just to be accurate here: 10$ get you 275 units... so a 300 unit crystal is MORE than 10$ (not almost 10$)...

Now keep discussing... XD
  • Options
    Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Actually, the featured GMC is a better deal than the GMC. For 50% more in units, you get twice the chance to get a 5*, including a tiny chance of getting the featured 5*.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    Actually, the featured GMC is a better deal than the GMC. For 50% more in units, you get twice the chance to get a 5*, including a tiny chance of getting the featured 5*.

Exactly, the FGMC is a bargain compared to the regular GMC. It is the regular GMC everyone should be complaining about. Do not know how they decided those drop rates because they were supposed to replace PHCs for the uncollected players yet the drop rates do not match up.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Even though the odds are there a lot still manage to pull 5* from it
  • Options
    MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Yeah we all knew the drop rates were bad but now that they are literally staring us in the face its gonna be hard to want to take a chance at the finacial investment most of us were putting into them. I loved gambling on them but i also want a decent return on my investment. Seeing these rates just hurts.
  • Options
    BreakoutBreakout Posts: 35
    Gwendoline wrote: »

Those 150 unit crystals are still there.

yes they are, but 1 year ago you got end game champs out of it. now you have to pay double the amount of units for less chances to pull the same champ as a 5*.

5* are the new 4*, but their crystals costs are doubled
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    If you wanted to get technical, it's 300 Units. Not $10. You don't have to spend at all to buy them.

Technically, you're correct, but when i go to a different country, i can't help but equate their currency to mine. :smiley:
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Just stop buying. 1 freakin 3* crystal for around $10 is a rip
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    If you wanted to get technical, it's 300 Units. Not $10. You don't have to spend at all to buy them.

Technically, you're correct, but when i go to a different country, i can't help but equate their currency to mine. :smiley:

If the only way to acquire Units was to pay, I might see the conversion as valid. However, people automatically convert Units to monetary value, and that's not entirely accurate. You don't need to spend to acquire Units. You can earn them. It's not a requirement to spend money. A useful fact when discussing how the Cryatals cost money. That's optional.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »

If the only way to acquire Units was to pay, I might see the conversion as valid. However, people automatically convert Units to monetary value, and that's not entirely accurate. You don't need to spend to acquire Units. You can earn them. It's not a requirement to spend money. A useful fact when discussing how the Cryatals cost money. That's optional.

Yes but earning them costs time which can be equated to a monetary value
  • Options
    NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    The end is neigh
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited March 2018
    xNig wrote: »

That’s an economic term for this, “inflation”.

Kabam doesn’t believe in inflation, get ready to see omega crystals for 500 units for a 1% chance to get a crappy 6*
  • Options
    tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    The poor owners and the employees are having no money to buy bread for them families,that is why this special 3* crystal costs this much
  • Options
    Its all digital content then when finally is taken down people will experience that gut wrenching feeling of spending all that money to watch it all get taken away and have nothing to show.

Of course it's digital content. What were you expecting to take home? It's not shares in the company we're buying. All purchases are made clear in the TOS.
    Also, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. The game will go on just fine.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Well, i got the "featured" at least twice with these crystals, so I cannot say it is ****. But it is still gambling.
    It really doesn't matter what the drop rate is... because it is still very random. None of the crystals are "good".

People keep defending this type of activity like if it were ethical, but it isn't. It's not ethical to condition people (of all ages) to gambling with their favorite characters. Even if you don't spend a dime in this game, you are still gambling.

And it is the kind of gambling that it's addictive. You have people classifying champs as god or trash tier, making them more or less valuable, suggesting people to make poor decisions based on hype. This is going down at some point. These crystals are just wrong. I am not even sure how Disney is not shutting this game down after what happened with Star Wars Battlefront II.

I hope at some point, Kabam finds a better way of delivering champions and resources that do not involve gambling.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16783136/loot-boxes-video-games-gambling-legal
  • Options
    We're going to have to disagree on that one.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    We're going to have to disagree on that one.

Happy Gambling, then!