**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Nighcrawler stance change exploit (dash back AI bug)

2»

Comments

• Why instead of complaining about a thing that helps the players u don't mention the fact that NC can attack in the same frame of an evasion, but no ''I'm planning on ranking up my NC so I don't want it to be face rolled'' kinda of a hypocrite thing to point out, cuz I'm sure you have been doing it yourself...

last I checked we were consistently fighting piloters in war and competing with arena mercs in the featured 5* arena. Why should I care about helping the players? At this level with how rampant cheating is...I'd much rather the majority of the player base in the top tiers be banned, like they deserve to, than enjoy a little exploit that lets their pilot save a few potions.

I agree with you. At this point, at least I know Kabam is doing damage control on alliance piloting (when someone flags them). But the player base is still cheating. So at some point I have to stop blaming Kabam for the unfairness of AW and AQ, and look around me. I never been in an alliance that didn't rely on cheating since wars were introduced. So what should we expect? This game will be unfair most of the time in regards of account sharing. And there are so many exceptions to the rules (like having multiple accounts), that it is perhaps impossible for Kabam to forbid this behavior successfully.

I do think that you should have just sent a ticket to them instead of a thread. I heard BG saying there was an exploit around NC, but didn't know what it was until now. I guess I am not the only one. So you probably made NC more ineffective in the short term.

I suppose they will not ban anyone for this, as they recently had to change Gwenpool for another exploit, and as far as I know, no one was punished by using her that way.

Since seasons started, we have came across pilots 4 times. 3 of them was vs the same damn alliance (who happens to have 300 more war rating than is).

We take pride in never under any circumstance sharing account info with each other, not even for AQ...and so far all our respect for the rules has gotten us is loss. Loss of war, and loss of our faith in kabam's system. I would've been happily using this trick and keeping it quiet if I knew the folks going up against us...are doing it fairly. I saw a friend of mine...a pilot...being one of the first ones posting this. People may think the trinity is ruining war...maybe they think all the "broken mechanics" or "BS damage back" is ruining war.

That ain't the case. If you're looking for a reason for why war has gone from a fun game mode...to a cheater infested slum...look upon the scum among you. And last I checked...kabam can't care less.

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ still waiting on an update on this bug.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Blocking: exploiting the AI to take less damage
    Medium attacks: exploiting the AI to deal more damage
    Dexterity: exploiting the AI to take zero damage.
    Attacking a stunned enemy: exploiting the AI to deal damage to a defenseless enemy

EVERYTHING IS NOW AN EXPLOIT. YOU ARE ALL HEREBY BANNED
  • JustagameJustagame Posts: 7
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Before they fix this I wish they would fix the broken auto evade. I don't like the fact that what makes them such awesome defenders is a broken mechanic. Fix auto evade and they're still good defenders just not so nuts like now.

Mate here’s the thing. In AW right now the situation is dire. You’re seeing sub 10 deaths for both teams combined. Now I can’t care less what’s causing a death...broken mechanic, broken device, broken WiFi...all that matters is getting deaths and NC ain’t delivering.

@Kabam Miike would appreciate an update on this.

If he isn’t delivering kills.. change the node you place him on.. 99 percent of people don’t even use this dash back and switch him...
    Because ANY MUTANT NODE.. 99 percent the time is either nightcrawler... or a diverse easy kill..
    And bring iceman for it.. or rely on stun.. parry hit while stunned repeat.. easy easy easy..

Maybe not an exploit... maybe it’s a SKILL to understand how the AI controls NC.. Yeno the way the game is coded.. the AI is tuned to understand your fighting style.. maybe somebody smart figured out AI playstyle of NC...

If your NC isn’t getting you kills? So what maybe the fact that NC isn’t the best defender in the game.. if your that bothered about getting war kills.. take yourself up a r4 duped Medusa or duped Hyperion or just place diverse or understand even if you rank 5 she hulk or NC there probably both not gonna hold up in war.. the war nodes are nothing like theyvused to be.. blind war no thorns no degen nodes no start with 2 power bars.. now theres diversity.. the game is not what it used to be..

Adapt yourself to the game
    Use the NC tactic for WHEN YOU FIGHT NC
    Save yourself deaths and items..

You will 100 percent not get banned for using this method on NC.. it’s not an exploit because it’s not a 100 percent guarantee to work.. it’s simply somebody has learnt the AI and how to trick it for a moment.

I'm usually all for adapting. We place full diverse with r5 5*s a'plenty on defense. You are correct...war ain't what it used to be. The only adaptation I can think of right now is joining the scum of pilot alys.

I don't have my NC ranked yet, and this is a 100% guaranteed behavior. If the dash back, hold an actual sold block, and you throw a light...it happens 100%. I see my teammates and myself use it, and I see the enemy team use it. And on both ends it's severely devaluing the champ. War is easy nonsense now, no reason to make it any easier.

Wow so you use it an in your mind it's an exploit, why use it then ?

What alliance are you in ?

He is from 4loki
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I see everyone here talking about war being easy....
    Well i dunno how it is at the top.... cus my ally aint there.... depening on our matchups we drift between tier 5 and tier 9..... and certainly at this level defenders are getting kills....
    There is us who sometimes get 0 or only 1 boss down....
    Last war we got 2 and our opponent got none.....
    I very hardly see any war where all 3 bosses come down and have almost never seen all 3 from both sides down. We still place our champs and our defence in a manner to get kills and do damage.

So if it is so easy at the top then i think kabam need to change the nodes.
    Add a higher level so now at tier 7 and 8 we stay with wat we have but maybe once you reach tier 4 then the nodes get stepped up to present a challenge for you.
    This will also help stop allies who are not good enough from encroaching into the higher tiers purely by getting a string of 10 favourable matchups and therefore a bunch of wins. Cus even a favourable matchup with harder nodes will pose a big challenge
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    I see everyone here talking about war being easy....
    Well i dunno how it is at the top.... cus my ally aint there.... depening on our matchups we drift between tier 5 and tier 9..... and certainly at this level defenders are getting kills....
    There is us who sometimes get 0 or only 1 boss down....
    Last war we got 2 and our opponent got none.....
    I very hardly see any war where all 3 bosses come down and have almost never seen all 3 from both sides down. We still place our champs and our defence in a manner to get kills and do damage.

So if it is so easy at the top then i think kabam need to change the nodes.
    Add a higher level so now at tier 7 and 8 we stay with wat we have but maybe once you reach tier 4 then the nodes get stepped up to present a challenge for you.
    This will also help stop allies who are not good enough from encroaching into the higher tiers purely by getting a string of 10 favourable matchups and therefore a bunch of wins. Cus even a favourable matchup with harder nodes will pose a big challenge

Or...
    They just have one or two very skilled players and they do all the fights, and that is why it is "easy".
    It is certainly not easy.
  • Hulk_SmellsHulk_Smells Posts: 183
    thanks for showing this!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    How is this different from using the 4-hit combo dash back intercepting trick to keep AW bosses cornered?
  • How is this different from using the 4-hit combo dash back intercepting trick to keep AW bosses cornered?

Very different:

1. The backdraft intercept is not 100%. The AI has actually adapted to it and can mess up your timing by backing off and throwing a light.
    2. The Backdraft is logical. The AI champ literally has no place to go when against the wall other than forward.
    3. The NC stance chance always happens and is not even limited to NC. Once you see a solid block on them on a dash back, any champ would hold block after a light. It's a pretty big AI loophole.

Still waiting on @Kabam Miike @Kabam DK @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Ad0ra_ to give any update on this.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    It's a fighting strategy much like intercepting. I don't see how this would be considered an exploit.
  • noobBAFnoobBAF Posts: 9
    So I have noticed this for a little while now. Basically waiting for any AI champ to dash back, hold a sold block and then throwing a light attack in the air with your champ causes them to stand in place, holding block.

This AI exploit has severely devalued nightcrawler as a defender. Here is a video of my showcasing the bug and switching his stance multiple times without ever hitting him on his block. Also showcasing the same AI behavior vs a medusa. Would appreciate if you could resolve this situation. With the current state of AW, and an unduped NC being one of the very few liable defenders without a villain tag...it's important to keep his viability and prevent bugs like this affecting him.

https://youtu.be/Ky82jt0YQfA
    When you found out how to bait intercept opportunities, did you make a similar post? What about baiting specials?
    I think the NC thing KINDA feels like an exploit, but think about it, positioning is 90% of this game.. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised that this is just a way to control ai , it’s not exactly like any noob and can pick up the game switch nc, you still have to have a feel of the game and be able to recognize the opportunities the ai gives you. I really don’t see a big difference between this and hitting into blocking enemy dashing back and creating intercept opportunity... is this an exploit? Should kabam end all interceptable ai movement patterns ? Should the ai be actual true ai that eventually just becomes better at the game that humans can be? Lol

• RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    How is this any different than baiting specials? Just because your defender is as good anymore doesn’t mean it’s an exploit.

Further more I think they need a full out ban for taskmaster he exploits in game content every match!
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Good I'm glad it devalues the champ! Tired of fighting same cheap AI controlled champs.....NC Evade is a cheap game mechanic and NEEDS have a way get around him....tired of him, Hyperion with Turtling and gain power till L3, Magik and her BS auto damage everyone limbo activates, Dormammu and his Degen auto damage, MODOK......arghhh. NONE of these champs say anything about skill or how well u play they just make game boring and it's a same champs over and over.....great for you wallet warriors who have every God Tier cheap champ in game...but for rest of us it just makes us want start searching for a more innovating game that has a WELL rounded roster of champs to fight with.

BTW...wasn't the idea of nerfing Scarlett Witch, Thor, D Strange, and B Widow to make this game more BALANCED and not have same champs used over and over in game.......oh wait those champions helped EVERYONE beat content in game....these just cater to rich and make Kabam money......nevermind. Continue using SAME champs over and over (Iceman, Dormammu, Magik, Classic Spiderman, Night Crawler, Hyperio, Modok)......it's so.....EXCITING

You forgot Medusa! Just wanted to keep the list fresh!
  • How is this any different than baiting specials? Just because your defender is as good anymore doesn’t mean it’s an exploit.

Further more I think they need a full out ban for taskmaster he exploits in game content every match!

Last I checked baiting was never 100%...you can go 2, 3, 5...10 attempts at baiting with no success. This AI behavior is universal and 100%.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Some friend you by saying one the first people to post it on youtube is your friend and a pilot.
  • Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Some friend you by saying one the first people to post it on youtube is your friend and a pilot.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're saying....
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Why instead of complaining about a thing that helps the players u don't mention the fact that NC can attack in the same frame of an evasion, but no ''I'm planning on ranking up my NC so I don't want it to be face rolled'' kinda of a hypocrite thing to point out, cuz I'm sure you have been doing it yourself...

last I checked we were consistently fighting piloters in war and competing with arena mercs in the featured 5* arena. Why should I care about helping the players? At this level with how rampant cheating is...I'd much rather the majority of the player base in the top tiers be banned, like they deserve to, than enjoy a little exploit that lets their pilot save a few potions.

I agree with you. At this point, at least I know Kabam is doing damage control on alliance piloting (when someone flags them). But the player base is still cheating. So at some point I have to stop blaming Kabam for the unfairness of AW and AQ, and look around me. I never been in an alliance that didn't rely on cheating since wars were introduced. So what should we expect? This game will be unfair most of the time in regards of account sharing. And there are so many exceptions to the rules (like having multiple accounts), that it is perhaps impossible for Kabam to forbid this behavior successfully.

I do think that you should have just sent a ticket to them instead of a thread. I heard BG saying there was an exploit around NC, but didn't know what it was until now. I guess I am not the only one. So you probably made NC more ineffective in the short term.

I suppose they will not ban anyone for this, as they recently had to change Gwenpool for another exploit, and as far as I know, no one was punished by using her that way.

I would've been happily using this trick and keeping it quiet if I knew the folks going up against us...are doing it fairly. I saw a friend of mine...a pilot...being one of the first ones posting this. People may think the trinity is ruining war...maybe they think all the "broken mechanics" or "BS damage back" is ruining war.

That ain't the case. If you're looking for a reason for why war has gone from a fun game mode...to a cheater infested slum...look upon the scum among you. And last I checked...kabam can't care less.

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ still waiting on an update on this bug.

Am saying with friends like you who needs enemies, your basically calling your "friend" scum. And you've just admitted you would of happily kept using this trick an kept it quiet if you knew others were playing fairly, so you keep the advantage. Seems because more people know about it now an you don't want to rank your NC your just having a tantrum about it

• Nightcrawler is one of the most overused heroes on defense. And everyone should have had enough practice against him. He’s not going to get tons of kills even on stun immune.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    The funniest thing about this post is that the guy on the video isn't even doing the technique to switch NC correctly. This also isn't an exploit. This is players figuring out AI patterns and using it to their advantage. That is called being good at a fighting game. Is it an exploit to switch NC by hitting into his block? Should Kabam fix it so he will always dash back after the 3rd hit and re block so it is impossible to switch him that way? The AI will always be programmed to react certain ways to certain situations. Fix it for one champ and we will find ways to use the new AI pattern to be more effective against another champ.
  • Limitless216Limitless216 Posts: 62
    Generally speaking, everyone isn't as smart as they think they are. I know of a person who seems mentally challenged to many and thinks playing in certain ways is an exploit if it works. The player has a hard time playing mcoc because succeeding is sometimes thought of as being a bannable offense.

Random? Maybe.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★

Still waiting on @Kabam Miike @Kabam DK @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Ad0ra_ to give any update on this.

Name checking the mods is always the funniest thing about the boards.
    Other fun exploits:
    Dashing back 3 consecutive times to avoid dormammu's l1; dashing back twice on magiks sp2 then obliterating her with blades sparky-enhanced sp2; punching nightcrawler in the face repeatedly with your duped iceman; sub-orbital punching some jerk with hyperion without ever touching them first; concussing some jerk with quake without touching them first; so many more, but sure, we'd all love having an aw defender named "autokill" so when the "wallet warriors" buy their win you all can complain some more. Fun!
  • Hulk_SmellsHulk_Smells Posts: 183
    did they fix this?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    did they fix this?

Yes it's been fixed
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    No, he still does it. Thank goodness.