**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Half given up on double evade

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Has anyone else kind of given up on reliably being able to double evade attacks from the AI. I used to always successfully pull off quick double evades from heavy attacks like Black Panther Civil War, Archangels's deep sweeping SP2, and Doc Ocks super fast normal attacks, but with the state of the game I just stand there and take the block damage because I'm 80% sure my second evade won't work and I'll get hit by big damage. SAD.

Also, is it just me or are the mods not commenting on many posts the last month and a half, and not giving good updates on outstanding bugs we keep reporting?

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Yeah I prefer to take block damage too, if I can. The evade is not working as it should, whereas the AI keeps evading like OG spiderman.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
    Yeah champs with Evade are jumping like 2-3 times pretty consistently and quickly where we struggle to do 1-2 reliably.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Chovner wrote: »
    Has anyone else kind of given up on reliably being able to double evade attacks from the AI. I used to always successfully pull off quick double evades from heavy attacks like Black Panther Civil War, Archangels's deep sweeping SP2, and Doc Ocks super fast normal attacks, but with the state of the game I just stand there and take the block damage because I'm 80% sure my second evade won't work and I'll get hit by big damage. SAD.

Also, is it just me or are the mods not commenting on many posts the last month and a half, and not giving good updates on outstanding bugs we keep reporting?

Thank god, i thought it was just me, recently ive been hit with some rly stupid specials like Black Panter CW sp1 and Rocky Racum sp1 causa my freaking evade fails. Same against large champs normal atacks like Dormammu, Venompool and Doc ock.
    Parry is fixed to me, but evade still broken and i ve never seen anyone adress this
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I'm not sure the problem is evade but rather changes to the reach of these attacks. Seems to me like if you are within the hit box of a lot of attacks the animations will reach farther than normal. That's why it's easy to double evade after bating a special but hard after finishing a combo.
  • Trying to evade against someone like venom and you’ll see the difference and compare that to when you played against venom before all of this happened. It’s a straight up joke. I’m afraid if they fix it something else will break.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Yeah, I remember once upon a time, Venom's SP2 could be reliably managed by swipe back on the leap, then swipe with the two lunging sweep, then a final on the tentacles.

Now if I try it, more often than not, I evade the leap, but one (or both) of the two swiping paws hits me.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
    Oh yeah I didn't even think of Venom, and Dormamu. Venom comes at you so fast sometimes you have no hope in evading even normal hits. And Dormamu heavy is a coin flip if you'll evade both parts.
    I've been planning on an LOL path run for a while, but everytime I fight Venom in any content I'm reminded at how many units and resources I'll get screwed out of during LOL Ex-Venom... I get mad and anxious just thinking about it.... NOPE!!!! LOL will keep waiting until I'm confident the game will reflect my ACTUAL skill (not to sound conceited).
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Chovner wrote: »
    Oh yeah I didn't even think of Venom, and Dormamu. Venom comes at you so fast sometimes you have no hope in evading even normal hits. And Dormamu heavy is a coin flip if you'll evade both parts.
    I've been planning on an LOL path run for a while, but everytime I fight Venom in any content I'm reminded at how many units and resources I'll get screwed out of during LOL Ex-Venom... I get mad and anxious just thinking about it.... NOPE!!!! LOL will keep waiting until I'm confident the game will reflect my ACTUAL skill (not to sound conceited).

Hurry up and finish LOL before the changes get worse and I'm being serious. Our window to complete any actions are shrinking every month.

With timings and speeds being adjusted, soon it will literally require absolute perfect timing to beat what was once easy content, and I'm referring to stuff like a simple AQ symbioid.

• StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Yeah and try to evade Venom's attacks... REGULAR ATTACKS. It's possible but just barely and many times you WILL get hit.