**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI Parry Cheat

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/rPe1S2CucV0

Finally managed to get footage of the AI parrying immediately after evading an attack. Does anyone know why the AI is able to do this, but players are not? This has been happening frequently in arena, but the above video was taken during AW.

@Kabam Zibit you recently said that the AI has not been altered. Can we expect the AI to continue to be able to do things that the community is not able to do in game?

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
  • Believe me Bro I was fighting some hours ago in AW against Guillotine and she was blocking and I was hitting her and got Parried Heck she was surely Blocking they're really idiots and makes us idiots really feel like wasting time on this stupid game and your Blocks don't work or many other issues and what Game team replied was sorry we're unable to solve your issue Heck
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I think it's a combination of the reaction time of the AI and the lag in our controls. I've had it happen a number of times, especially in the Arena. The RNG for Parry is amped up. Sometimes it's every contact.
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    I personally can’t do it but I (annoyingly)see videos of people doing that with quake all the time. In the time you are showing. It is literally HOW they fight with her.

However, to your point… Yes, I absolutely agree, AI recovery in all aspects is out of whack
    Wimaks wrote: »
    I personally can’t do it but I (annoyingly)see videos of people doing that with quake all the time. In the time you are showing. It is literally HOW they fight with her.

However, to your point… Yes, I absolutely agree, AI recovery in all aspects is out of whack

Quake’s heavy attack strategy is different from what the AI did in the video shown above. Quake is able to parry after she evades an attack because she evades due to her heavy attack stacking an ability reduction debuff (concussion?) which causes the AI to miss an attack. A passive evade is different from evading by triggering dexterity. Here are two videos to more effectively show the point I’m making:

https://youtu.be/DRqFfPhtu8M

AI evades and then parries within about half of one second

https://youtu.be/IcW1w02wsEc

Player evades and then parries within close to two seconds

The difference in time is what matters. The AI can do this in about half of one second, players can’t.
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    Follow.. I'd love to know because I have seen some Shady business dealings playing AW matches!
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto

I'm sorry for the amount of tags. Can we please get some insight on this thread's topic?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I can do the Quake heavy-parry all day long. I can parry after a passive evade (Spidey, NC, Ultron, etc).

However, I've never been able to parry after dexterity evade unless there is at least a 1 second gap between the actions. I can't even parry within 1 second of dropping a block. Just stand there holding block, release, then you need 1 second before another block is able to trigger parry. I guess this is intended to prevent players from button-mashing their block to get a parry. However, it has the unintended consequence of not being able to parry after an evade.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I can do the Quake heavy-parry all day long. I can parry after a passive evade (Spidey, NC, Ultron, etc).

However, I've never been able to parry after dexterity evade unless there is at least a 1 second gap between the actions. I can't even parry within 1 second of dropping a block. Just stand there holding block, release, then you need 1 second before another block is able to trigger parry. I guess this is intended to prevent players from button-mashing their block to get a parry. However, it has the unintended consequence of not being able to parry after an evade.

Thanks for summarizing the point of this thread
    These windows are also shrinking due to growing difficulty. Harder content has more aggressive AI which prevents you from getting those 1-second windows. If you drop your block and the AI instantly attacks, you may still be able to get your block up in time, but you won't trigger the Parry even with perfect timing that would normally activate a parry.

This was accentuated with champs like Nebula who would activate her shock charges with a "well timed block" (aka Parry), but wouldn't activate a parry. This was flagged as a bug several weeks ago and was "fixed" by the game developers making her shock charges tied to her parry instead of a separate (but equal) action.
    edited March 2018
    With the harder content I've learned that if your first attempt at a parry fails but are still given the block, I'm better off dashing back and baiting from a distance instead of simply dropping my block and trying again. This is because I won't be able to activate a parry in time due to the required 1 second delay.

And then, if I'm dashing back I'm usually in a better position to intercept instead of parry, especially if the AI quickly attacks.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    I think it's a combination of the reaction time of the AI and the lag in our controls. I've had it happen a number of times, especially in the Arena. The RNG for Parry is amped up. Sometimes it's every contact.

Yep. Lag is out of control the last several weeks. Almost as if the game has been intentionally throttled for increased unit spending.
    Let’s keep the comments constructive. Last thing we want is the thread to be closed down for violating forum rules before a moderator has had the chance to address the thread’s topic.
  • TheBlackDefenseTheBlackDefense Posts: 103
    Id honestly like to follow this thread because I've also had many instances where I go for a party and I stead eat a 5 hit because of a delay and then eat another 5 hit because A.I. got some new reactions masteries I don't know off
  • TheBlackDefenseTheBlackDefense Posts: 103
    Parry*
    Holding off on making false correlations, though no comments or insight make it easier to assume this thread's topic has been overlooked by Kabam.

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Wolf
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    I posted this a while back, but it got deleted because who knows why, so I post here again since it's relevant. It's an example where I dash back and time a parry, but it doesn't work. I'd like to know why the AI can do this but we can't.

https://youtu.be/oqbaPqQzyVM
    _noyes wrote: »
    I posted this a while back, but it got deleted because who knows why, so I post here again since it's relevant. It's an example where I dash back and time a parry, but it doesn't work. I'd like to know why the AI can do this but we can't.

https://youtu.be/oqbaPqQzyVM

Nice post, more video evidence to support the thread. Moderators have asked us to submit video evidence to show proof of our complaints. Is it reasonable to ask Kabam to do the same to disprove player claims when they support their claims with video evidence?
    _noyes wrote: »

Took me a while to get video evidence because I've been swamped with school the past few weeks. There's another AI parry cheat I've come across in arena. Specifically, the AI's parry attempt fails because of the assassin mastery, the AI continues blocking attacks, and then parries again in the same combo without breaking block stance. Examples of this are:

Medium strike (failed parry attempt), light strike, light strike (successful parry attempt)
    Light strike (failed parry attempt), medium strike, light strike, light strike, medium strike (successful parry attempt)

Players can't attempt a 2nd parry without breaking block stance. The AI can. I'll try to get video evidence to show proof of this once my school obligations are out of the way.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Anecdotal evidence from running 3 accounts simultaneously on three different devices fighting in the same AQ: (iPhone 8, Samsung s8, s5) I find s8 ai responds instantly, iOS has slightly slower ai response time, and s5 is almost half-time, so I find none of the ops issues there. Catch is everything's slower on s5, so while there's no evade- parry or block/ parry, it's cause nothing's moving fast enough to hit those frames. S8 I've seen it happen often enough HOWEVER I've also caught a fair share of ai attackers getting stun/parried on my own botched swipe backs, so as long as it goes both ways, fine by me. However, defending kabam testers, three different phones fighting same opponents at same time don't all yield same results - hard to quantify "bug" for some not all.
    Anecdotal evidence from running 3 accounts simultaneously on three different devices fighting in the same AQ: (iPhone 8, Samsung s8, s5) I find s8 ai responds instantly, iOS has slightly slower ai response time, and s5 is almost half-time, so I find none of the ops issues there. Catch is everything's slower on s5, so while there's no evade- parry or block/ parry, it's cause nothing's moving fast enough to hit those frames. S8 I've seen it happen often enough HOWEVER I've also caught a fair share of ai attackers getting stun/parried on my own botched swipe backs, so as long as it goes both ways, fine by me. However, defending kabam testers, three different phones fighting same opponents at same time don't all yield same results - hard to quantify "bug" for some not all.

@klobberintyme I use an iPhone 7 on iOS 11.2.6. If someone posts video evidence of a player evading an attack and then parrying the next attack with 0.5 seconds and this thread will be proven to be inaccurate.
    uhs3gqxo9mf8.png

Still no response. Waiting to see if customer service can offer some insight.