Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Does Phoenix need to be buffed?

Comments

• Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Buff Phoenix
    If you open a Poll, you can't expect to argue and insult everyone that doesn't agree with your views. That's what makes it a Poll and not a dictatorship.

The poll is also telling you the majority of people who decided to take their time out and vote think she needs a buff.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    No, Phoenix is fine
    Nebula wrote: »
    Phoenix isn't as bad as the ultimate garbage tier champs but she's down there close enough for sure. She might be great for guys messing around in low level content, but for most people in the high end content, i have never seen her used in Tier 1-2 AW, map 5-6 AQ, and have never witnessed anyone say, "Bro, Phoenix is a beast in Act 5.1 and 5.2." Where exactly do you go around perfecting her charges to unleash them on the poor AI? Lmao. I mean, if you got absolutely nothing else to use, okay but so many would be more useful than her, especially drax, everyday of the week.

Okay, many champs aren't good for high-level content, but there are so many like Luke Cage that aren't even good for low-level content. When we complain about average champs needing buffed, people get mad that actual BAD champs don't get buffed. Like this 13.0 update where Civil Warrior was buffed and Ant-Man wasn't. People got really mad because somewhat good champs are getting buffed before bad ones.

ant man serves his purpose in alliance war defense. phoenix cannot even do that. at this point you just seem like you want to argue with anyone who states otherwise.

You're the one arguing. I said that she's really not too bad. I like her, you don't. That's fine. Many need buffed more than her. Ant-Man isn't better than her. If you think so, sorry, I can't help you.

If you think Phoenix is good, move on. Vote your no and leave. No point hijacking threads.

It's not hijacking to say I disagree lol. You asked if someone needed buffed, and I told you why I thought they didn't. Then you disputed me, we got into a debate, and I've hijacked this conversation? Lol, this is what the conversation is supposed to be. If you don't want controversy, don't make a poll where people are split.
    they're not split, people want her buffed.

Yeah and some obvious don't. GroundedWisdom and I don't want her buffed, but you and No_More_Heroes do. That's 2 on each side. That is the definition of split.

do u need help? the poll shows 14 people want her buffed while 6 do not. Just bc people don't want to comment doesn't mean that you automatically won.
    Phoenix isn't as bad as the ultimate garbage tier champs but she's down there close enough for sure. She might be great for guys messing around in low level content, but for most people in the high end content, i have never seen her used in Tier 1-2 AW, map 5-6 AQ, and have never witnessed anyone say, "Bro, Phoenix is a beast in Act 5.1 and 5.2." Where exactly do you go around perfecting her charges to unleash them on the poor AI? Lmao. I mean, if you got absolutely nothing else to use, okay but so many would be more useful than her, especially drax, everyday of the week.

Okay, many champs aren't good for high-level content, but there are so many like Luke Cage that aren't even good for low-level content. When we complain about average champs needing buffed, people get mad that actual BAD champs don't get buffed. Like this 13.0 update where Civil Warrior was buffed and Ant-Man wasn't. People got really mad because somewhat good champs are getting buffed before bad ones.

ant man serves his purpose in alliance war defense. phoenix cannot even do that. at this point you just seem like you want to argue with anyone who states otherwise.

You're the one arguing. I said that she's really not too bad. I like her, you don't. That's fine. Many need buffed more than her. Ant-Man isn't better than her. If you think so, sorry, I can't help you.

If you think Phoenix is good, move on. Vote your no and leave. No point hijacking threads.

It's not hijacking to say I disagree lol. You asked if someone needed buffed, and I told you why I thought they didn't. Then you disputed me, we got into a debate, and I've hijacked this conversation? Lol, this is what the conversation is supposed to be. If you don't want controversy, don't make a poll where people are split.

Yeah and some obvious don't. GroundedWisdom and I don't want her buffed, but you and No_More_Heroes do. That's 2 on each side. That is the definition of split.

Well, it's not that I'm against her being buffed. I just don't think she needs it. Part of the skill of playing is getting to know how to maximize a Champ's mechanics. Many Champs have different ways of building their strength. Not every Champ will be strong from the beginning of a Fight. The ones that are pretty much have that going for them and that's about it. She's better for Fights that will take some time. Not every Champ will be viable for every part of the game.

thanks for your opinion websnatcher.

That awkward moment when someone who disagreed with you actually partially agrees with you so you can't argue with them so you just yell at them.

I'm over it. When you ask people their views and argue with those that oppose, it's a trap.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    If you open a Poll, you can't expect to argue and insult everyone that doesn't agree with your views. That's what makes it a Poll and not a dictatorship.

I can expect people to be open minded, something that you and crusher lack...

You're telling me that I am wrong. I'm telling you that you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree. Who's the close-minded one? Me? Huh. Sounds like something a Hillary supporter would say.
  • Options
    NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Buff Phoenix

Yeah but why would I bother using Phoenix when o could use better champs even in low level content? I guess that's my point. For me she has no purpose on my roster except maybe prestige but that's soon going to be in the rear view mirror. Antman can at least be a viable option in AWD. But I don't know why you are arguing against bugging her? Wouldn't that just benefit all the players? I mean leave the prioritization of buff to the game team, you're wasting brain cells thinking like them for them for free.

Um, if you don't have better champs. Some champs are better, some are worse. No need to say that if someone is worse, they need to become better. If I have a 4* Groot, and that's my only 4*, I'll use him even though he sucks. Because he's a 4 star. If you have better people, use them. I just don't think she should be buffed unless we're buffing those below her first.

You just stated that the only reason you would use her is if you didn't have anyone better lol

That's the only reason you would use anyone. If you have someone better, you wouldn't use the person. Duh. I'm not claiming that Phoenix is the best in the game, so of course I'd use better people if I had them. I'm just saying that she's high enough that she doesn't need bumped up more.

Well obviously a lot of people do not think she is high enough..

And? I'm sure there's a guy out there who thinks Star Lord is the worst in the game and needs buffed. People have differing opinions. I differ from you this time. This is a discussion about why or why not she needs buffed, not "well, people agree with me so I'm definitely right".
    yeah but if someone made a poll wanting starlord buffed im like 100% sure he wouldnt get 14 votes saying "yes".

Majority vote doesn't make something right. People used to think that Earth was flat. That's not true. Donald Trump won the Electoral Vote while Hillary Clinton won the Popular Vote, but Hillary didn't win because Trump played the electoral game better. You have people who agree with you, so go you. Phoenix could use a buff, but she doesn't need one. That's why I technically haven't put in a vote.

aaaaand you just said that Donald Trump was the best option, i'm done with you

I said he won. Read better.

you said "just bc something is majority doesn't mean its right... Donald Trump won", I did learn to read that's why I can see that the poll is in my favor
  • Options

Yeah but why would I bother using Phoenix when o could use better champs even in low level content? I guess that's my point. For me she has no purpose on my roster except maybe prestige but that's soon going to be in the rear view mirror. Antman can at least be a viable option in AWD. But I don't know why you are arguing against bugging her? Wouldn't that just benefit all the players? I mean leave the prioritization of buff to the game team, you're wasting brain cells thinking like them for them for free.

Um, if you don't have better champs. Some champs are better, some are worse. No need to say that if someone is worse, they need to become better. If I have a 4* Groot, and that's my only 4*, I'll use him even though he sucks. Because he's a 4 star. If you have better people, use them. I just don't think she should be buffed unless we're buffing those below her first.

You just stated that the only reason you would use her is if you didn't have anyone better lol

That's the only reason you would use anyone. If you have someone better, you wouldn't use the person. Duh. I'm not claiming that Phoenix is the best in the game, so of course I'd use better people if I had them. I'm just saying that she's high enough that she doesn't need bumped up more.

Well obviously a lot of people do not think she is high enough..

And? I'm sure there's a guy out there who thinks Star Lord is the worst in the game and needs buffed. People have differing opinions. I differ from you this time. This is a discussion about why or why not she needs buffed, not "well, people agree with me so I'm definitely right".
    yeah but if someone made a poll wanting starlord buffed im like 100% sure he wouldnt get 14 votes saying "yes".

Majority vote doesn't make something right. People used to think that Earth was flat. That's not true. Donald Trump won the Electoral Vote while Hillary Clinton won the Popular Vote, but Hillary didn't win because Trump played the electoral game better. You have people who agree with you, so go you. Phoenix could use a buff, but she doesn't need one. That's why I technically haven't put in a vote.

aaaaand you just said that Donald Trump was the best option, i'm done with you

I said he won. Read better.

you said "just bc something is majority doesn't mean its right... Donald Trump won", I did learn to read that's why I can see that the poll is in my favor

I didn't say I agreed with it, I said it happened. Whether it was right or not that he got elected, the majority isn't always correct.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

You're telling me that I am wrong. I'm telling you that you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree. Who's the close-minded one? Me? Huh. Sounds like something a Hillary supporter would say.

You cannot call me the close minded one when you fought against refugee rights, gay rights, transgender rights, and religious rights... that's on you buttercup. Anyway, I'm not surprised that you wouldn't want Phoenix to be buffed. Your kind do hate powerful women a lot.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Buff Phoenix
    I never understand this, why oh why do players concern themselves so much about "what's good for the game..." when it comes to champ buffs. Why would buffing a champ that has such limited use be such a bad thing even if that was the only champ you had? Wouldn't that make you happy? I mean...do you think Kabam will be hurting on ways to money grab from the player base if they buffed champs? Obviously massive nerds from 12.0 hasn't stopped them from releasing ridiculously shameless money grab content like 5.2, can't imagin what 5.3, 5.4 will look like. But would a buff to Phoenix only help in tackling that money grab content? Why are some people so against this? If you think other champs need buffs more, okay go open a poll about them, why say Phoenix doesn't need a buff because others are worse...that's Kabam logic bro.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

do u need help? the poll shows 14 people want her buffed while 6 do not. Just bc people don't want to comment doesn't mean that you automatically won.

Well, it's not that I'm against her being buffed. I just don't think she needs it. Part of the skill of playing is getting to know how to maximize a Champ's mechanics. Many Champs have different ways of building their strength. Not every Champ will be strong from the beginning of a Fight. The ones that are pretty much have that going for them and that's about it. She's better for Fights that will take some time. Not every Champ will be viable for every part of the game.

That awkward moment when someone who disagreed with you actually partially agrees with you so you can't argue with them so you just yell at them.

I'm over it. When you ask people their views and argue with those that oppose, it's a trap.

You have 349 abuses on your page, please stop acting like you're a saint.
  • Options

You cannot call me the close minded one when you fought against refugee rights, gay rights, transgender rights, and religious rights... that's on you buttercup. Anyway, I'm not surprised that you wouldn't want Phoenix to be buffed. Your kind do hate powerful women a lot.

I didn't say I support Trump, I said I was against Hillary. There is a HUGE difference. And if we're going down this road...

Trump doesn't hate refugees, he just doesn't want people here illegally.
    Trump doesn't hate gays, he is actually the most pro-gay Republican President yet.
    Trump doesn't hate Transgenders, he just thinks that boys should pee in the boys' restroom.
    Trump's doesn't hate religions such as Islam, he just doesn't like slaughter overseas or in the US, so he's trying to lock things up for a bit.
  • Options
    I never understand this, why oh why do players concern themselves so much about "what's good for the game..." when it comes to champ buffs. Why would buffing a champ that has such limited use be such a bad thing even if that was the only champ you had? Wouldn't that make you happy? I mean...do you think Kabam will be hurting on ways to money grab from the player base if they buffed champs? Obviously massive nerds from 12.0 hasn't stopped them from releasing ridiculously shameless money grab content like 5.2, can't imagin what 5.3, 5.4 will look like. But would a buff to Phoenix only help in tackling that money grab content? Why are some people so against this? If you think other champs need buffs more, okay go open a poll about them, why say Phoenix doesn't need a buff because others are worse...that's Kabam logic bro.

I'm not gonna be mad if she gets buffed, I just don't think it's necessary. I thought that was the question. I'm fine with her being buffed, I just think that others should definitely come first and she's good for now.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Abuses don't mean anything. This guy isn't abusive. People just don't like him. They go around and flag everything he says. Same with me. I said something that someone strongly disagreed with, so they flagged me 300+ times on posts unrelated to that thread. Same with GW. Plus, he's not being a saint, he's saying he doesn't want to tick anyone off, get flagged more so he'll look bad in future arguments like this, so he's done with the conversation.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

I didn't say I support Trump, I said I was against Hillary. There is a HUGE difference. And if we're going down this road...

Trump doesn't hate gays, he is actually the most pro-gay Republican President yet.
    Trump doesn't hate Transgenders, he just thinks that boys should pee in the boys' restroom.
    Trump's doesn't hate religions such as Islam, he just doesn't like slaughter overseas or in the US, so he's trying to lock things up for a bit.

I did not realize that refugees were illegal considering the fact that they have to be selected specifically by the government to enter in the first place. Ok, he doesn;t hate gays but lets pick a VP who wants to shock the gay out of them. Perfect sense. Lol... you say he doesn't hate transgenders but then you fail to recognize that transgenders are valid. Please don't play with Phoenix, Im sure when you do you try and grab her by the...
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

I'm not gonna be mad if she gets buffed, I just don't think it's necessary. I thought that was the question. I'm fine with her being buffed, I just think that others should definitely come first and she's good for now.
    bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

• Options
    edited June 2017

I did not realize that refugees were illegal considering the fact that they have to be selected specifically by the government to enter in the first place. Ok, he doesn;t hate gays but lets pick a VP who wants to shock the gay out of them. Perfect sense. Lol... you say he doesn't hate transgenders but then you fail to recognize that transgenders are valid. Please don't play with Phoenix, Im sure when you do you try and grab her by the...

There are illegal refugees and legal refugees. Trump wants the illegals gone. He hasn't deported any legal immigrants, and he's not going to.

Pence thinks that being gay is unnatural, which is obvious considering the fact that those two parts don't go together. He thinks things shouldn't be that way, but people disagree strongly, so he's not going to enforce any shock-the-gays laws.

Biologically, men are men and women are women. That can't be changed because it's in DNA. If you wanna be a different gender, go for it, because America is a free country. But you can't dictate to others that they have to pretend that you are something that you biologically aren't.

And again, I don't support Trump. I think he's a doofus who doesn't know what he's doing sometimes. But even if I did support him, I don't have to agree with everything he's said or done. Just because I don't think Phoenix should be buffed doesn't mean I wanna grab women by the...
  • Options
    No, Phoenix is fine

I have that many Flags on my Account because some people have the maturity of larva and can't have a conversation without Flagging comments they don't agree with, and abuse it to Flag people they don't like. Makes no difference to me. It's just abusing the use of it and displaying their lack of maturity and respect.
  • Options

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

Because I don't think she needs it lol that's what I said. I'm not gonna be mad if she gets buffed, but I don't think it's necessary jeez how many times to I have to say it.
  • Options

I have that many Flags on my Account because some people have the maturity of larva and can't have a conversation without Flagging comments they don't agree with, and abuse it to Flag people they don't like. Makes no difference to me. It's just abusing the use of it and displaying their lack of maturity and respect.

Wasn't sure whether to LOL or Agree with this comment. Good point though.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

Because I don't think she needs it lol that's what I said. I'm not gonna be mad if she gets buffed, but I don't think it's necessary jeez how many times to I have to say it.

"I don't think she needs to get buffed, but I want her to get buffed"
  • Options

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

No, "I don't think she needs buffed, but I'm fine with her getting buffed.". That's literally what I said multiple times.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

No, "I don't think she needs buffed, but I'm fine with her getting buffed.". That's literally what I said multiple times.
    What does "I don't think she needs buffed" mean?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

That I don't think she needs buffed. Duh. I think she's fine as is.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

That I don't think she needs buffed. Duh. I think she's fine.
    But you're fine with her being buffed?
  • Options

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

Yes, I won't get all mad and grab a gun and shoot people if she gets buffed. If she gets buffed, good for her, but she doesn't need it since she's okay already. Civil Warrior was okay as well, and he didn't need buffed. He was buffed, and I'm fine with it. The key word here is "need". She doesn't "need" buffed. She could be better, but she could definitely be worse, and she doesn't need to be better.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

Yes, I won't get all mad and grab a gun and shoot people if she gets buffed. If she gets buffed, good for her, but she doesn't need it since she's okay already. Civil Warrior was okay as well, and he didn't need buffed. He was buffed, and I'm fine with it. The key word here is "need". She doesn't "need" buffed. She could be better, but she could definitely be worse, and she doesn't need to be better.

All I needed.
  • Options

bvukvz3ab6fj.gif

All I needed.

Are you saying that I actually secretly agree with you now? Because I don't. She doesn't need it, but I'm not gonna be mad if she gets it. Just because I think someone is good doesn't mean I don't think they could be better. If she's not the best in the game, which she definitely isn't, then she could always be better. That doesn't mean that anyone who isn't the best in the game, I'd want buffed. Does that make sense?
  • Options
    No, Phoenix is fine

See? People love to troll my comments. Stop and read some of the ones that get Flagged before you point out the number. I think you'll find the majority are simply haters. As if I care. Lol. The Mods can see who is abusing it. Makes no difference to me. It's just a number.
  • Options
    Also, are we done with the political **** now? I was just using that as an example of how the majority isn't always going to win, not running a Trump ad. I'd love to debate politics with you, but not here and not now lol. It's a video game forum.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix
    I totally agree with you, Phoenix is definitely up there is strongest marvel characters and in the game she is slacking, there is great potential in her but now she is mostly only used for prestige.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Buff Phoenix
    She needs to be on par with Drax or Anglela, if not Hyperion. All the comic powerhouses such as Dormammu and Thor are quite powerful and Phoenix, who's stronger than both gets left in the dust. Her special damage needs to be increased as well. Only her l3 hits hard.

Okay, Phoenix is better than Drax. I have them both, and I'd definitely rather have Phoenix if I had to choose. The argument of "She's very strong so she should do insane damage" just doesn't work for any Marvel game. If it did work based on actual character strength, Hulk, Abomination, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc etc would be unstoppable while Hawkeye, Captain America, and Punisher would be worthless. There has to be a small range of usefulness for each character. This is already a problem since characters like Luke Cage suck, and making every character that hits hard in the comics hit hard in the game is a very bad direction to go.

I am not sure about that buddy. Drax is definately a damage output beast with his Bleeds and Fury(My opinion).
    And second what the hell do u mean by Capt America would be worthless. in an alternate timeline he literally establishes an Empire on the world that is responsible for mantaining peace and justice.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Buff Phoenix
    And quite lastly I must say you sir are a genius!! @CrusherOfDreams
    I never thought one could actually mix politics and video games like these together.( I truly am awed not sarcastic)