**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New arena structure

Hey Mike,

You and your team thought this new arena structure would be be the solution. Everyone agreed with except for the people who play arena day in and day out. Now that we have a new Hyperion record of 6.5mil what now.

AA and Iceman are going to be 7mil at least. This new arena structure did ABSOLUTEY nothing to help the non grinders.

FIGURE THIS OUT or the amount of people in line groups that are about to quit this game is appalling.

Comments

• Options
    DarkNemesisDarkNemesis Posts: 51
    Kabam wins again
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Arena cut-off might decrease during Gwenpool and after that, since there will be 2x "new" champs at the same time
  • Options
    Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    I don't think they will actually let new basics run beside new featured champs. When the time comes it will change
  • Options
    LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    edited June 2017
    Bigdrail93 wrote: »
    I don't think they will actually let new basics run beside new featured champs. When the time comes it will change

When a new champion had its own arena and then became basic it was paired with new champion....since the release of basic they switch the new champs to pair up with old arena champs and old champs with new arena....clearly they havent made enough money to continue to f us over
  • Options
    xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    I agree that some type of change is needed. I didn't personally go for Hyperion this round cuz it's not worth grinding for 3 days straight only to have a chance of a huge disappointment.

I feel sorry for those that put up over 6 mil and still missed out on the "basic" champ.
    If anything, this is just becoming more and more discouraging to all the lower to middle level players.

I'm wondering if taking another look at the brackets system would be fruitful. Right now it's based on time played.
    This makes no sense to me cuz everyone progresses at different rates.
    Some of us are unable to get in "good" alliances to reap quicker rewards. Some are just plain unlucky.
    Why not make different brackets for total hero rating? That way you're competing against people more on your own level.

I still enjoy the game and enjoy the very very rare "nice" crystal pull...but I definitely think the arena system could be adjusted to be at least a bit more forgiving especially with all the unresolved bugs we've been enduring.

• Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Android compensation boosted this cutoff. It will calm down rd2.
  • Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    I used to think like the OP but as my roster grew it became easier and easier.

Yesterday I saw posts from my Alliance with streaks of 290+ for 7 million.

I had the same with 226, so a lot less grinding for me meaning more time for normal life.

Don't expect so much and you wont be disappointed, put the work in and rewards will come.

I started playing 2 years ago and have a 450K account with minimal spend. You have to decide whether its $ or time you want to invest.
  • Options
    Slasherx44Slasherx44 Posts: 20
    High cutoffs are not good for anyone. If you are a grinder seeing this hyperion cutoff will push you even more, which will increase the cutoff. The nongrinders will see the insane cutoffs and won't even get in the pool, which will also increase the cutoff. It is a vicious cycle which will only get worse and worse. It also doesn't help that prominent youtubers keep giving high cuttoff estimates, "to be safe", but in turn are compounding the problem of high cutoffs.

I personally don't know what a good solution to the problem is; everyone should just be cognizant of the situation and be prepared to put in some serious time if they want these champions.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can't say it doesn't work. This new system is great for new players getting the champs that a lot of players have like ds or venom to build up heir rosters. They can't grind for great champions because they don't have the roster. I only spent 6-8 hours total grinding for Hyperion with no units used and I got him
  • Options
    Yes, Reddit and YouTube aren't good for arena cutoffs due to everyone saying to go a certain amount to be safe
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    13000 people got Hyperion today. In the old arena that would be cut in half.

Sorry you missed OP, but this new arena system is a gift.
  • Options
    13000 is more people in top 10% than the average in the system
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    "Why not make different brackets for total hero rating? That way you're competing against people more on your own level."

This has been suggested many a time before. This will just lead people to sell off their unwanted champs to keep their hero rating low and qualify for the lower tier brackets. Not a viable option.
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    "Why not make different brackets for total hero rating? That way you're competing against people more on your own level."

This has been suggested many a time before. This will just lead people to sell off their unwanted champs to keep their hero rating low and qualify for the lower tier brackets. Not a viable option.
    That's just suggested from people that don't want to grind. Why make it easier for people when others had to go through the grind. Everyone at one point after 3 months got moves to veterans bracket. Suck it up and put in the work.
  • Options
    TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    The move from top 5% to top 10% helped reset the cutoff a couple million for basic but as others said with time it will continue to grow as more people have 4/40s 5/50s. If it was only top 5% people would have been shooting for 8M-9M probably. DrV and Mordo both dropped by about 1.5M for the second round so if 6-7M is a tough target you may want to start aiming for the 2nd round so you can get a sense of the target.

If you think the only arena change was 5 to 10% you are sadly mistaken. The amount of 4* and 5* shards you can get from rank rewards are one of the best / consistent sources for shards. If 6-7M is too much for you to grind aim for 1.5-1.6m and finish in top 11-30% for basic and get 500 4* and 200 5* shards each cycle.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The biggest difference was that in the old system, the top 800 got the featured champ, which kept the scores low. This week is different because they switch-out Fix It, but had they not, people wouldn't put up 7M because they'd be afraid they'd get him instead of Hype.
  • Options
    xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    I have no problem with grinding, but there is a point where the grinding required is just too consuming.

We've all seen many posts from many people saying how they even are not sleeping and grinding for 3 days straight to "try" to win some of these champs....and coming up short.

Can u honestly say they're not putting in the work and time?

The only ones that are fine with the current cutoffs are the ones with already stacked rosters. But I bet those same people were also frustrated with the amount of time and energy required to win a single champ back when they were a lower to mid level player.

Like I said before...I still enjoy certain aspects of the game, but there's gotta be a way to adjust arenas so that people can "put in the work" and win the champ while still being able to get some sleep at night and keep their sanity lol.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Then don't grind. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    Brackets by hero rating won't work. I got Hyperion but I don't carry 3*s. Some people would sell useless champs to stay under hero rating for the useful ones
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Then don't grind. Problem solved.

Pretty much.

I'm sorry, but if you're spending 36 hours going without sleep and still not getting to 7 mil, you don't belong in this arena. Focus instead on the "easier champ" arenas like Venom, etc where 2.5- 3 mil get you the champ.

• Options
    Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    It seems people are also forgetting the fact that Android compensation and free mastery reset were in play in this Arena.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    5? I know people who could do 5m in a day. That's just too low.

How about 10m? That would require some grinding from them.

Oh wait.. there are those who could do 10m in 1.5 days.. that's not fair. I'd suggest the basic as a 15m milestone. That would be fair as everyone who wants the champ should grind a bit.

See the issue here? Some "grinding" to be taken is very subjective.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    what are you all complaining about exactly? I started grinding SERIOUSLY when Storm has come out first time.. since then I got 13-14 4star heroes from basic arena and I succedeed to obtain Hyperion too.

I also think this cut-off is good because I spent a lot of time grinding and for a Hero like him it was worth doing more than 6 millions to get!

So stop complaining and enjoy free 500 4* shards
  • Options
    adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    Increase to top 25% in all arenas to get champions to stop people complaining. Personally, I don't care but it would stop the endless threads about it
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I skipped this arena because I already have Hyperion duped at sig 20. I hit the 1.5m mark for the milestones and the shards from rank rewards. After getting the rank rewards, I got enough 4* shards to open a crystal. The champ I got? Hyperion.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Get in the pool... Tell all of those that didn't put in 150K points and broaden the pool.

I don't think the android comp had much to do with this so much as Punisher being the Featured Champ. The top 800 was at 6.8 mil for him, so more were grinding the Hyperion arena this weekend.

I awakened Hyperion this round, so I will just go for milestones this time and get in the pool for the grinders. I will try for Punisher though and put my efforts behind dupping him