**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War point scoring system needs work

2»

Comments

• Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

You are missing the larger point @Roguefrogger13 is making. They faced a stronger alliance and out performed them in a number of key metrics.

An alliance with 4/55 Attack teams rolling over 4/40 defenders is not a display of skill, it’s the advantage of RNG and the Challenger Rating system.

This is more of an issue with match making than it is with the point system.

The Alliance War tiers need to have a minimum prestige requirement tied to war rating, just for that unicorn alliance that has a high war rating + high skill but low prestige.
  • Options
    JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    I disagree.

If your alliance can’t beat the larger alliance using the defined metrics, what right do you have to claim victory?

If one team got more passing yards, more first downs, and more field goals, but lost to another team that scored more touchdowns, would you be asking to award more points for first downs? I doubt it. There is one thing that matters, and that is your final score. If the other team’s final score is higher, they win. End of discussion.

The scoring system is set how it is set, and it’s every alliance’s responsibility to find a way to win within the system. They got rid of defender rating, which addresses the issue of strong alliances winning just because they have higher rated champs. Now it comes down to how many times you die. It’s hard to clear a bg with only a few deaths, which is why it’s worth so much. If the OP’s alliance isn’t focussed on that, they are playing the game wrong.
  • Options
    @JoMama999

It’s only harder to clear a BG with few deaths when the defenders are of the same relative level, then the increased difficulty of the node gives the edge to the defender.

Because of the Challenger Rating System introduced last year by Kabam, when a lower level champ faces a higher level champ, the AI increases the difficulty in favor of the higher level champ. However in AW this works against alliances with lower level defenders especially when they get matched with stronger alliances.

So it’s only normal for a weaker alliance to have more deaths when facing a stronger alliance. If an alliance rolling with 5/50 Attack teams are taking out 4/55 defenders on expert nodes and not dying I would suspect them of modding.

The problem is match making
  • Options
    JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    The problem is skill. Most of the fights are easy, and dying to any champ is a fail. There’s only a few key nodes where anyone should ever die in war
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I think a very important thing is being missed by all those claiming that the scoring metrics for these wars that were lost is unfair. Look at the war rating that the OP has provided. While I cannot be 100% sure I am fairly confident that a war rating in the 1100-1200 range is tier 9 or tier 10 for war, maybe even lower. The nodes are setup in those tiers that they can be easily defeated with 4/40 attackers if you have a moderate level of skill. The overall skill of the OP's alliance is the biggest issue here, not the scoring for the wars.
  • Options
    Right because skill is determined by who can swipe and tap a screen the best.

Right, Devices don’t matter at all

Right, a players connection doesn’t matter

Right, the game’s AI doesn’t matter

It’s all about “Skill”, you know the type of skill that it takes to tap a small screen.

With all of this Skill involved why don’t more people bring their 2* champs to AW Defense, since it doesn’t matter who you place on the nodes.

Go fight the Collector with your 2* Champs show us your skill

It’s the same reason they don’t match light weights with heavy weights no matter how many wins they have.