**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Accidentally Promoted Officer to Leader

Hi there. Hoping someone can help me. I accidentally promoted an officer to leader.

Problem is we are in the growth stage and I was trying to demote him. I have no contact with him and he has not accepted friend requests. He also hasn’t lived in in over 4 days.

I reported the code IMMEDIATELY after discovering in horror what I’d accidentally done.

This was simply a misclick. Not intentional. So far support has not been helping me get it reversed.

This is very disheartening to say the least.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE HELP!!!

Comments

• Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Ouch. Hope they get that sorted for you.
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Hi there. Hoping someone can help me. I accidentally promoted an officer to leader.

Problem is we are in the growth stage and I was trying to demote him. I have no contact with him and he has not accepted friend requests. He also hasn’t lived in in over 4 days.

I reported the code IMMEDIATELY after discovering in horror what I’d accidentally done.

This was simply a misclick. Not intentional. So far support has not been helping me get it reversed.

This is very disheartening to say the least.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE HELP!!!

Your only hope is in-game support. Hit the gear button and hope it gets worked out.
  • Options
    ThewrightdaleThewrightdale Posts: 12
    So far I just keep getting the same run around. It’s as if this problem has never been encountered before. I can’t find anything like it in forums or support or anything.

It seems like such an obvious simple fix. I just can’t believe this. Potentially a years worth of hard work flushed down the toilet because of chubby thumbs.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Wow, that's awful. Hopefully tech support can help you and you guys don't have to abundant that alliance.
  • Options
    BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    that is my biggest fear that and accidentally kicking members.
  • Options
    They keep telling me to contact the alliance member and have them reverse it.

It’s like no one understands what’s going on! This is so upsetting. Surely someone understands.

It was seconds I realized the mistake and kknhte last when I contacted the Kabamm support. Yet hours later they are still unwilling to help or understand the issue.

Any suggestions people??
  • Options
    I can’t believe this. I wish I could share some of the responses I’ve gotten from IT.

They keep telling me to go through the member in question.

They should be able to look at Alliance activity and immediately determine it was a mistake!!

This is crazy.
  • Options
    Surely someone out there has had this happen??
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Um no. How can one determine that you aren't doing this because you gave up the org and simply now want it back? There are scammers hitting up support all day every day, it's not that cut and dry. This would involve pulling logs, etc. which is a huge pain. With the War season about to end, I don't think you're going to get much help on this, you would be better off spending time to contact the member through every channel possible and get them to switch it back.

Just telling you that they probably will not prioritize this.
  • Options
    ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    As a good friend of mine used to say "Sucks to suck" lol
  • Options
    It was literally within seconds that o realized the mistake. I just can’t believe that this can’t be a simple look and fix.

The only way we can contact this member is in game. They haven’t logged in in over 4 days and no one knows them. This

To say disheartening is a massive understatement.
  • Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    I can’t believe this. I wish I could share some of the responses I’ve gotten from IT.

They keep telling me to go through the member in question.

They should be able to look at Alliance activity and immediately determine it was a mistake!!

This is crazy.

to be devils advocated, they can't for sure if it's a mistake.
    For example, if someone actually got promoted and you're just bitter about him so you are trying to demote him. They shouldn't just take your word for it.

Maybe you can ask everyone in your alliance to file a report and maybe that way they can be sure that it was a mistake and since member in question is not replying, they might be able to do something or make an exception for you.

Hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    There are a ton of actions getting logged, so it's not easy to just go and find this one needle ... in a pile of needles! And then, you have to check and double check, since if Kabam makes a mistake while reversing this, the problem gets worse. Sorry bro, I think I would spend my energy looking for this person, on facebook, snapchat, or whatever (don't you use Line or some other messaging app outside the game?), as that is more likely to yield results.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    Um no. How can one determine that you aren't doing this because you gave up the org and simply now want it back? There are scammers hitting up support all day every day, it's not that cut and dry. This would involve pulling logs, etc. which is a huge pain. With the War season about to end, I don't think you're going to get much help on this, you would be better off spending time to contact the member through every channel possible and get them to switch it back.

Just telling you that they probably will not prioritize this.

Because they should be able to see that the first message he send in was very close after he was promoted. But even if we assume that they can't see at what time someone got promoted, they can see that the current leader hasn't logged in in a few days.

To the OP, support will demote him for you when his inactivity reaches a high amount of days. Obviously waiting for that sucks. I would suggest that not only you, but also your other officers and members make tickets. It's sad that that's needed, but I've heard stories where it helps.
  • Options
    Just to reiterate!

I was the member who did the promoting/demoting

I’m not talking officer spots. I’m talking leader! The only way this would happen is by accident, or by hacking, or intentionally

Intentionally I wouldn’t be filing a ticket within seconds.

Hacking I would have reported as hacking

This was a MISCLICK!!!!

Kabamm is saying to contact the member directly! Which could be impossible. And if they are a casual player or a foreign language player they could log in multiples times to keep resetting the 30 day timer and never ever ever have to respond to any of our messages.

This is a massive mess and should be a simple resolution.

• Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    He hasnt lived in over 4 days good luck contacting the dead lol
  • Options
    Just to reiterate!

I was the member who did the promoting/demoting

I’m not talking officer spots. I’m talking leader! The only way this would happen is by accident, or by hacking, or intentionally

Intentionally I wouldn’t be filing a ticket within seconds.

Hacking I would have reported as hacking

This was a MISCLICK!!!!

Kabamm is saying to contact the member directly! Which could be impossible. And if they are a casual player or a foreign language player they could log in multiples times to keep resetting the 30 day timer and never ever ever have to respond to any of our messages.

This is a massive mess and should be a simple resolution.
    Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear this happened. Can you send me a direct message with the most recent ticket number you had with support?
  • Options
    Logged in....
This discussion has been closed.