Bravo Everyone

2»

Comments

  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471
    Jayimage wrote: »
    so then whats the issue? Im one of those go all out in arena.that won't change for me and I'm sure others have the same mentaility as why i mentioned overshoot. if we all scored less and everyone ddi the same they would hand these champs out but not everyone will ever do that.

    It's determined by many factors. The number of people Grinding, the amount of people between the highest score and the minimum qualifying, the range that the majority stops at, the desire of the Champ, etc. When you have a Champ that everyone wants, they're going to Grind harder. Most often as much as they can. The more people want it, the more they Grind. The Boosts and Refills added more pressure as well. Not all Arenas are that high. Just the ones that have Champs that everyone wants. Hyperion has a high usability.

    I love people that tell me how awesome the Grand Canyon is but have never been to the Grand Canyon and just learned about it on the internet.

    Really. Please tell me how I know nothing about Grinding for a Basic. Considering I Grind every Arena, and my predictions are usually not far off. If you're going to hate on my comments, at least get your facts straight.

    Were you capable of winning Hyperion?
    Have you won any highly sought after champs?

    If not, are you telling people what it takes to win a championship from the bleachers?

    If so, how can you help these poor souls missing the cutoff from your Michael Jordan experience, not the Craig Hodges experience.

    Or is your position just that you are such a great cutoff predictor?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 3,018
    Jayimage wrote: »
    so then whats the issue? Im one of those go all out in arena.that won't change for me and I'm sure others have the same mentaility as why i mentioned overshoot. if we all scored less and everyone ddi the same they would hand these champs out but not everyone will ever do that.

    It's determined by many factors. The number of people Grinding, the amount of people between the highest score and the minimum qualifying, the range that the majority stops at, the desire of the Champ, etc. When you have a Champ that everyone wants, they're going to Grind harder. Most often as much as they can. The more people want it, the more they Grind. The Boosts and Refills added more pressure as well. Not all Arenas are that high. Just the ones that have Champs that everyone wants. Hyperion has a high usability.

    I love people that tell me how awesome the Grand Canyon is but have never been to the Grand Canyon and just learned about it on the internet.

    Really. Please tell me how I know nothing about Grinding for a Basic. Considering I Grind every Arena, and my predictions are usually not far off. If you're going to hate on my comments, at least get your facts straight.

    Were you capable of winning Hyperion?
    Have you won any highly sought after champs?

    If not, are you telling people what it takes to win a championship from the bleachers?

    If so, how can you help these poor souls missing the cutoff from your Michael Jordan experience, not the Craig Hodges experience.

    Or is your position just that you are such a great cutoff predictor?

    I didn't have to Grind for him. I have him Duped. I'm not doing 6.4 for +1 Sig. I am capable of Grinding that.
    No one can help people who missed him. It's a contest agaisnt other Players. You have to Grind for yourself.
    My predictions help people gauge what to go for. It's up to them to put the effort in. It's always best to push more than the expected if you want the Champ.
    Perhaps you need a better use of your time than arguing with me for no reason.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471
    Jayimage wrote: »
    so then whats the issue? Im one of those go all out in arena.that won't change for me and I'm sure others have the same mentaility as why i mentioned overshoot. if we all scored less and everyone ddi the same they would hand these champs out but not everyone will ever do that.

    It's determined by many factors. The number of people Grinding, the amount of people between the highest score and the minimum qualifying, the range that the majority stops at, the desire of the Champ, etc. When you have a Champ that everyone wants, they're going to Grind harder. Most often as much as they can. The more people want it, the more they Grind. The Boosts and Refills added more pressure as well. Not all Arenas are that high. Just the ones that have Champs that everyone wants. Hyperion has a high usability.

    I love people that tell me how awesome the Grand Canyon is but have never been to the Grand Canyon and just learned about it on the internet.

    Really. Please tell me how I know nothing about Grinding for a Basic. Considering I Grind every Arena, and my predictions are usually not far off. If you're going to hate on my comments, at least get your facts straight.

    Were you capable of winning Hyperion?
    Have you won any highly sought after champs?

    If not, are you telling people what it takes to win a championship from the bleachers?

    If so, how can you help these poor souls missing the cutoff from your Michael Jordan experience, not the Craig Hodges experience.

    Or is your position just that you are such a great cutoff predictor?

    I didn't have to Grind for him. I have him Duped. I'm not doing 6.4 for +1 Sig. I am capable of Grinding that.
    No one can help people who missed him. It's a contest agaisnt other Players. You have to Grind for yourself.
    My predictions help people gauge what to go for. It's up to them to put the effort in. It's always best to push more than the expected if you want the Champ.
    Perhaps you need a better use of your time than arguing with me for no reason.

    There is a good reason to argue with you, you are providing information which people may rely upon to their detriment. People need to be informed whether your nonsense that you constantly spew has any credibility, which most of the time is no, since you don't actually do any of the things you seem to talk about as pure fact.

    The only point you have in any of this dialogue about the Hyperion cutoff is to try and pat yourself on the back and make an excuse for why your prediction wasn't accurate. Instead of actually giving suggestions on how people can do better in arena, you just talk high level obvious information because you actually have no experience winning a featured or highly sought after basic do you? You say "I am capable of grinding that." Instead of "I win basics anytime I want." It's important because people need to know if you are Craig Hodges sitting on the bench or Michael Jordan playing and winning titles.

    You set players up for failure cause you pretend like you are knowledgeable on the subject. Please be a contributing member of this forum and provide some tips on how one should go about winning Hyperion this time around for all those poor souls who missed out from your extensive arena experience.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 110
    I didnt think basic feature would turn into the old arena system with Voodoo i thought it was a one time only but Hyperion cutoff proved it otherwise.

    Its a shame we had a solution for everyone to get the basic as its their chance seeing as the feature of that champ was too high for them.

    But wait Gwenpool might break Hyperion score, 6.1 mill got you jack shit so i feel sorry for those who put up that score only to walk away with shards.

    n5k9lvxppqdd.png
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 3,018
    Jayimage wrote: »
    so then whats the issue? Im one of those go all out in arena.that won't change for me and I'm sure others have the same mentaility as why i mentioned overshoot. if we all scored less and everyone ddi the same they would hand these champs out but not everyone will ever do that.

    It's determined by many factors. The number of people Grinding, the amount of people between the highest score and the minimum qualifying, the range that the majority stops at, the desire of the Champ, etc. When you have a Champ that everyone wants, they're going to Grind harder. Most often as much as they can. The more people want it, the more they Grind. The Boosts and Refills added more pressure as well. Not all Arenas are that high. Just the ones that have Champs that everyone wants. Hyperion has a high usability.

    I love people that tell me how awesome the Grand Canyon is but have never been to the Grand Canyon and just learned about it on the internet.

    Really. Please tell me how I know nothing about Grinding for a Basic. Considering I Grind every Arena, and my predictions are usually not far off. If you're going to hate on my comments, at least get your facts straight.

    Were you capable of winning Hyperion?
    Have you won any highly sought after champs?

    If not, are you telling people what it takes to win a championship from the bleachers?

    If so, how can you help these poor souls missing the cutoff from your Michael Jordan experience, not the Craig Hodges experience.

    Or is your position just that you are such a great cutoff predictor?

    I didn't have to Grind for him. I have him Duped. I'm not doing 6.4 for +1 Sig. I am capable of Grinding that.
    No one can help people who missed him. It's a contest agaisnt other Players. You have to Grind for yourself.
    My predictions help people gauge what to go for. It's up to them to put the effort in. It's always best to push more than the expected if you want the Champ.
    Perhaps you need a better use of your time than arguing with me for no reason.

    There is a good reason to argue with you, you are providing information which people may rely upon to their detriment. People need to be informed whether your nonsense that you constantly spew has any credibility, which most of the time is no, since you don't actually do any of the things you seem to talk about as pure fact.

    The only point you have in any of this dialogue about the Hyperion cutoff is to try and pat yourself on the back and make an excuse for why your prediction wasn't accurate. Instead of actually giving suggestions on how people can do better in arena, you just talk high level obvious information because you actually have no experience winning a featured or highly sought after basic do you? You say "I am capable of grinding that." Instead of "I win basics anytime I want." It's important because people need to know if you are Craig Hodges sitting on the bench or Michael Jordan playing and winning titles.

    You set players up for failure cause you pretend like you are knowledgeable on the subject. Please be a contributing member of this forum and provide some tips on how one should go about winning Hyperion this time around for all those poor souls who missed out from your extensive arena experience.

    You need to stop turning my comments into a personal attack. When people ask a suggested cutoff, we all provide theories. No one ever knows for certain. That does not in any way, shape, or form, make us responsible for their loss. People ask to get a good idea on what people think the cutoff will be.
    I am a contributing member of the Forum. What is not contributing is these types of arguments and harassing comments.
    There is no way to help the "poor souls" because what is required is to Grind enough Points to get the Champ. It's a contest. Plain and simple.
    No one is bragging. When you question the validity of my input, that usually denotes the need to qualify, although not necessary.
    Your comments are of a personal nature, so we are done here.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 843
    Strategic wrote: »
    I didnt think basic feature would turn into the old arena system with Voodoo i thought it was a one time only but Hyperion cutoff proved it otherwise.

    Its a shame we had a solution for everyone to get the basic as its their chance seeing as the feature of that champ was too high for them.

    But wait Gwenpool might break Hyperion score, 6.1 mill got you jack shit so i feel sorry for those who put up that score only to walk away with shards.

    That's why I no longer bother. The second they announced the new arena system with 4 arenas I immediately knew it would turn out just like this. If kabam were smart (and we all know that's not their strong side) they will at least try to make sure that the featured arena has a new champ! Otherwise you bring a shit old featured in arena while running a super OP basic in basic arena??? What did they think was gonna happen??? Stupidity galore with this company!

    Seriously, this complaint is really starting to bother me. In the old arena system, 5% of ranked players got the basic. That tended to be consistently about 5500 players. In the current arena 10% of ranked players get the basic, which tends to fluctuate between 10k and 13k players depending on participation. The old arenas would hand out the featured to the top 400, now in the new arena system the top 800 get the featured. Only about 1000 - 1200 players seriously even try: below that rank the scores rapidly drop to the milestone mark.

    Even if the featured arena has the most desirable champion ever, it would divert only about 1200 people out of the 100k to 130k that participate in the basic and the 10k to 13k that achieve the basic. That's not enough to change the scoring even in the worst case scenario.

    The alternation between new featured and recent basic actually helps far more players than it can possibly hurt, because it allows most players to make a better choice week by week which events to concentrate their time in. I do the 3* featured and milestones elsewhere when it is new featured week, and tend to concentrate on the 4* basic when it is a first time basic I don't have or need to awaken. If they stacked them together, I would still get them both but I would have to work harder on alternating weeks and have less to work towards on alternating weeks.

    Let's look at Hyperion scoring. About 13,400 people got him with a score of 6.4 million or higher. Suppose the featured arena subtracted the top 1200 people, which is the absolute worst case mathematical situation which I've never seen evidence of in all of the arena data available dating back years. In that case, the cutoff would effectively drop to something around 14600th place. That's about 6.25 million. That's the absolute best case scenario, which never actually happens, for trying to drive down the basic arena scores by putting a strong featured in that arena.

    More people are getting the basic than ever had a shot at him under the old system. The reason scores are going up is because we the players are capable of scoring more. And that's happening because players rosters are getting stronger on average, in part because it is significantly easier to get 4* and 5* shards. The 4* shards directly impact basic scoring. The 5* shards indirectly affect basic scoring because they can be used in things like the featured arena for quicker milestones, and in events like the T4B arena to earn more cats to upgrade more champs.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471
    Jayimage wrote: »
    so then whats the issue? Im one of those go all out in arena.that won't change for me and I'm sure others have the same mentaility as why i mentioned overshoot. if we all scored less and everyone ddi the same they would hand these champs out but not everyone will ever do that.

    It's determined by many factors. The number of people Grinding, the amount of people between the highest score and the minimum qualifying, the range that the majority stops at, the desire of the Champ, etc. When you have a Champ that everyone wants, they're going to Grind harder. Most often as much as they can. The more people want it, the more they Grind. The Boosts and Refills added more pressure as well. Not all Arenas are that high. Just the ones that have Champs that everyone wants. Hyperion has a high usability.

    I love people that tell me how awesome the Grand Canyon is but have never been to the Grand Canyon and just learned about it on the internet.

    Really. Please tell me how I know nothing about Grinding for a Basic. Considering I Grind every Arena, and my predictions are usually not far off. If you're going to hate on my comments, at least get your facts straight.

    Were you capable of winning Hyperion?
    Have you won any highly sought after champs?

    If not, are you telling people what it takes to win a championship from the bleachers?

    If so, how can you help these poor souls missing the cutoff from your Michael Jordan experience, not the Craig Hodges experience.

    Or is your position just that you are such a great cutoff predictor?

    I didn't have to Grind for him. I have him Duped. I'm not doing 6.4 for +1 Sig. I am capable of Grinding that.
    No one can help people who missed him. It's a contest agaisnt other Players. You have to Grind for yourself.
    My predictions help people gauge what to go for. It's up to them to put the effort in. It's always best to push more than the expected if you want the Champ.
    Perhaps you need a better use of your time than arguing with me for no reason.

    There is a good reason to argue with you, you are providing information which people may rely upon to their detriment. People need to be informed whether your nonsense that you constantly spew has any credibility, which most of the time is no, since you don't actually do any of the things you seem to talk about as pure fact.

    The only point you have in any of this dialogue about the Hyperion cutoff is to try and pat yourself on the back and make an excuse for why your prediction wasn't accurate. Instead of actually giving suggestions on how people can do better in arena, you just talk high level obvious information because you actually have no experience winning a featured or highly sought after basic do you? You say "I am capable of grinding that." Instead of "I win basics anytime I want." It's important because people need to know if you are Craig Hodges sitting on the bench or Michael Jordan playing and winning titles.

    You set players up for failure cause you pretend like you are knowledgeable on the subject. Please be a contributing member of this forum and provide some tips on how one should go about winning Hyperion this time around for all those poor souls who missed out from your extensive arena experience.

    You need to stop turning my comments into a personal attack. When people ask a suggested cutoff, we all provide theories. No one ever knows for certain. That does not in any way, shape, or form, make us responsible for their loss. People ask to get a good idea on what people think the cutoff will be.
    I am a contributing member of the Forum. What is not contributing is these types of arguments and harassing comments.
    There is no way to help the "poor souls" because what is required is to Grind enough Points to get the Champ. It's a contest. Plain and simple.
    No one is bragging. When you question the validity of my input, that usually denotes the need to qualify, although not necessary.
    Your comments are of a personal nature, so we are done here.

    So to be clear, anyone that relies on this dudes grounded wisdom...its on you. I wouldn't trust this dude with any advice on the game, let alone cutoff scores from an arena which you are going to invest a massive amount of time on.
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 147
    Addyos wrote: »
    All this complaining I am tempted on push harder for a dupe just to piss people off. All these people complaining.
    wu76q91a5mh5.png

    Lol...the masochist and anarchist in me agrees with you. They say grind hard to raise the cutoff more, just because of the amount of moaning and whining here which is becoming more and more insufferable by the hour. The realist and apologist in me totally disagree though. They say use my cosmic awakening gem and simply get in the pool to help out a fellow gamer.

    Decisions decisions lol.

    Honestly the whole "get in the pool" thing is just really great marketing from the highest people in the game. It takes 9 people to have your mind set to help 1 person get hyperion. You, as someone who is otherwise eligible to get him for yourself, has to choose to specifically limit yourself for someone else's benefit, and why they're smart for it is they tell you you're selfish if you don't do it. Let's be honest, a couple hundred k in points doesn't take some of us very long, but we're also the people that don't really need the help. The people that truly benefit from it are the ones who can't, because they don't have the potential to score that high.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    All this complaining I am tempted on push harder for a dupe just to piss people off. All these people complaining.
    wu76q91a5mh5.png

    Lol...the masochist and anarchist in me agrees with you. They say grind hard to raise the cutoff more, just because of the amount of moaning and whining here which is becoming more and more insufferable by the hour. The realist and apologist in me totally disagree though. They say use my cosmic awakening gem and simply get in the pool to help out a fellow gamer.

    Decisions decisions lol.

    Honestly the whole "get in the pool" thing is just really great marketing from the highest people in the game. It takes 9 people to have your mind set to help 1 person get hyperion. You, as someone who is otherwise eligible to get him for yourself, has to choose to specifically limit yourself for someone else's benefit, and why they're smart for it is they tell you you're selfish if you don't do it. Let's be honest, a couple hundred k in points doesn't take some of us very long, but we're also the people that don't really need the help. The people that truly benefit from it are the ones who can't, because they don't have the potential to score that high.

    The "get in the pool" thing makes total sense. It's not just a marketing scheme from the highest people in the game. At the start of arena, I already had a duped Hyperion so I had no interest in putting up the points to get him. I put in the 1.5m milestones. If more people in my position (the ones that don't want Hyperion) put in the minimum score to qualify for rank rewards (150k), then more people will qualify for the top 10% and get Hyperion.

    If 100,000 people grind for Hyperion, then 10,000 people get Hyperion.
    If 100,000 people grind for Hyperion and 10,000 people just hit the 150k minimum, then 11,000 people get Hyperion.

    The more people that get in the pool, the more people will be included in that 10%. If you just missed the cutoff for Hyperion, you'd benefit from more people hitting the 150k mark.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 3,018
    spumington wrote: »
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    All this complaining I am tempted on push harder for a dupe just to piss people off. All these people complaining.
    wu76q91a5mh5.png

    Lol...the masochist and anarchist in me agrees with you. They say grind hard to raise the cutoff more, just because of the amount of moaning and whining here which is becoming more and more insufferable by the hour. The realist and apologist in me totally disagree though. They say use my cosmic awakening gem and simply get in the pool to help out a fellow gamer.

    Decisions decisions lol.

    Honestly the whole "get in the pool" thing is just really great marketing from the highest people in the game. It takes 9 people to have your mind set to help 1 person get hyperion. You, as someone who is otherwise eligible to get him for yourself, has to choose to specifically limit yourself for someone else's benefit, and why they're smart for it is they tell you you're selfish if you don't do it. Let's be honest, a couple hundred k in points doesn't take some of us very long, but we're also the people that don't really need the help. The people that truly benefit from it are the ones who can't, because they don't have the potential to score that high.

    The "get in the pool" thing makes total sense. It's not just a marketing scheme from the highest people in the game. At the start of arena, I already had a duped Hyperion so I had no interest in putting up the points to get him. I put in the 1.5m milestones. If more people in my position (the ones that don't want Hyperion) put in the minimum score to qualify for rank rewards (150k), then more people will qualify for the top 10% and get Hyperion.

    If 100,000 people grind for Hyperion, then 10,000 people get Hyperion.
    If 100,000 people grind for Hyperion and 10,000 people just hit the 150k minimum, then 11,000 people get Hyperion.

    The more people that get in the pool, the more people will be included in that 10%. If you just missed the cutoff for Hyperion, you'd benefit from more people hitting the 150k mark.

    Well, yes. It definitely alleviates some of it. It's not a total solution because there are other things that affect it. I believe in this case, the push was high because most wanted him, rather than Grinder the minimum. He is a highly desired Champ. The Boosts contributed as well, by my estimations about 2-300k higher. It definitely alleviates the cutoff. The trouble is, when the majority want him, it's not feasible to expect them to do the minimum. So, it only helps up to a certain point. I don't see it as having no effect, though. There is some truth to it.
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 147
    spumington wrote: »
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    All this complaining I am tempted on push harder for a dupe just to piss people off. All these people complaining.
    wu76q91a5mh5.png

    Lol...the masochist and anarchist in me agrees with you. They say grind hard to raise the cutoff more, just because of the amount of moaning and whining here which is becoming more and more insufferable by the hour. The realist and apologist in me totally disagree though. They say use my cosmic awakening gem and simply get in the pool to help out a fellow gamer.

    Decisions decisions lol.

    Honestly the whole "get in the pool" thing is just really great marketing from the highest people in the game. It takes 9 people to have your mind set to help 1 person get hyperion. You, as someone who is otherwise eligible to get him for yourself, has to choose to specifically limit yourself for someone else's benefit, and why they're smart for it is they tell you you're selfish if you don't do it. Let's be honest, a couple hundred k in points doesn't take some of us very long, but we're also the people that don't really need the help. The people that truly benefit from it are the ones who can't, because they don't have the potential to score that high.

    The "get in the pool" thing makes total sense. It's not just a marketing scheme from the highest people in the game. At the start of arena, I already had a duped Hyperion so I had no interest in putting up the points to get him. I put in the 1.5m milestones. If more people in my position (the ones that don't want Hyperion) put in the minimum score to qualify for rank rewards (150k), then more people will qualify for the top 10% and get Hyperion.

    If 100,000 people grind for Hyperion, then 10,000 people get Hyperion.
    If 100,000 people grind for Hyperion and 10,000 people just hit the 150k minimum, then 11,000 people get Hyperion.

    The more people that get in the pool, the more people will be included in that 10%. If you just missed the cutoff for Hyperion, you'd benefit from more people hitting the 150k mark.

    Your math is wrong, that's not quite how this works. If the cut off would have been 'X', it isn't 'X' because of some average necessarily. 9 people doing the minimum takes the cut off from 'x' and changes it to 'y', with 'y' being the absolute next person behind 'x'. I mean it could be mere points away.
    10% is 10% is 10%. It ultimately doesn't MATTER what the bottoms actual score is. If 100000 people enter the arena, the top 10000 get the reward. If 110000 enter, THEN 11000 get it. The cut off is what ever that 10000th person's score is, or whatever that 11000th persons score is. So again, it takes 9 people to affect 1, and 9 people shouldnt be told they have to go out of their way to help someone that could have spent a couple more fights to get the prize. I am not obligated to help someone in another alliance get ahead of me. If you feel so inclined thats great. I wont spend my time in arena unless its a prize i intend to get, and in the competitive environment that is the constest, I am not selfish for doing so. That was my point.
  • Alright, this thread has gone well beyond a friendly conversation, so we're going to shut it down.

    A reminder: While this forum is meant for open discussion and exchange of ideas, please remember to keep things civil and on topic. Don't break the forum rules that you agreed to when you first signed up on the forums. We've had to clean this thread a number of times for some semi-personal attacks.
2»
This discussion has been closed.