**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam’s biggest mistake

FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
Been playing since Dec of 2014. The point of the game is to acquire new and better champs and strengthen your team. But the champion pool is so diluted now with obsolete champs that the motivation to grind or spend is gone. I opened four Blade feature crystals. No Blade. Yesterday I opened a five star and a six star crystal. Pulled 5* She Hulk and 6*DD. The last useful crystal opening I had was duping Quake 5* and that was months ago.

I don’t intend this as a rant or whine. I just think that Kabam should know that someone who has been hooked on this game for 3 1/2 years is losing interest fast because crystal openings are 90+% disappointing now and there is no fun in that.

I’m in a retirement alliance now with 15 other veteran players who feel the same. If Kabam doesn’t buff some of the old champs or increase the odds of pulling useful champs from crystals, I think they will see interest in this game decline more and more. Sad. This was such a great game.

Comments

• TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    I've had an idea in the past to solve the lesser ranked *s. Make arenas exclusive to that rank, with specific rewards to that arena. Make it an incentive to still want to use the other 5 ranks and older champs. Have only 2* arenas and have unique rewards that are worth trying to achieve that you can only gain in said arena.
  • TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    3* arenas could have awards such as a small quantity of 6* shards or something creative to drive people to want to still attain lesser ranked champs.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Im pretty sure you will never get those champion specific shards either..unless you pay
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Not only that, but if by some miracle you've managed to hit the RNG lottery, by the time you get any good champions and spend enough monkey ranking them up, Kabam releases their higher star version so everything you just did ends up being a waste because of challenger rating.

Every year goal posts get moved around and we get reset back to the start. After a while, it's like what's the point anymore???
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
    That may be the biggest change that I’ve seen recently. The pace at which they are making our champs obsolete is increasing quickly. Much harder to keep us with the difficulty of the content now.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I get good champions sometimes, but I don’t have enough gold to rank them up. Most of the 5 stars that I have are not worth ranking past 1. It makes all of this grinding very unsatisfying. They need to make it easier to get champions, buff up the bad champions, and make getting resources better. At the same time, they need to make content that requires different champions and teams. That way, the game remains challenging. They put so much emphasis on grinding for scraps that everyone gets frustrated because you grand and grind for nothing. People will eventually give up.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    We had 10 quit our retirement alliance because of champ pulls and bugs. Got enough t0 fill us before the last 5 wars last season but dropped to Gold 3. After this AQ 4 more are leaving so i am going back to my old alliance because they have has a number of people leaving as well.
    If Kabam buffs ghe old champs and does no nerfs as well as fix their constant bugs they would stop losing so many. There should always be champs that are much better than others, but there shouldnt be any you are pissed to get. I dont need every pull to be AA, Iceman, Blade, DV etc. i woukd be happy with NC, AV, cable, YJ, Gulllotine, drax etc. but DPX, Jane Foster, Carnage, she hulk etc are demorilizing.
  • mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    No game will be fun to you if you are like this. 90% disappointment is not surprising at all. I couldn’t even remember the times I feel satisfied after opening a crystal.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Not only that, but if by some miracle you've managed to hit the RNG lottery, by the time you get any good champions and spend enough monkey ranking them up, Kabam releases their higher star version so everything you just did ends up being a waste because of challenger rating.

Every year goal posts get moved around and we get reset back to the start. After a while, it's like what's the point anymore???

I say 7* champs in 2020

• JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    I almost dread opening a 5* crystal now cause there are sooo many trash options and ive never pulled a game changing champ. My best 5* champs to date are Xbones and Drax. Not trash champs but definitely now endgame champs. It is very disappointing. The other thing that is irritating to me is how they nerfed Thor, Switch, BW, and Strange along with the perfect block synergy because they said this game wasnt intended to revolve around a handful of champs, yet here we are with a game that revolves around a handful of champs to complete endgame content and be competetive in Alliance War. SMH!
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    It's called dry luck...
    You mke an excellent point DrZola. The biggest frustration now is that we have little ability to control our progression through allocation of time and resources. I awakened my SW in the four star arena and then devoted all mystic resources to increasing her sig level. That gave a sense of accomplishment and made game play more interesting and fun. Now, we have to rely on an RNG roll in a pool of mostly inferior champs. The complete lack of control over your progression kills the fun of playing.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    FabiusBR wrote: »
    You mke an excellent point DrZola. The biggest frustration now is that we have little ability to control our progression through allocation of time and resources. I awakened my SW in the four star arena and then devoted all mystic resources to increasing her sig level. That gave a sense of accomplishment and made game play more interesting and fun. Now, we have to rely on an RNG roll in a pool of mostly inferior champs. The complete lack of control over your progression kills the fun of playing.

Thank you--that is one of my primary issues with the game as it exists today. Yet another example: Rifts look great...until you wind up with a 1* chest every time you run them. Most of us who have played 3+ years understand the hype is pure puffery and mistrust the RNG system completely even as the game team makes more and more of the game subject to it.

DZ
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    I’m pretty sure we’ll get a 5* basic arena at some point, it’s jsut a case of how long we have to wait and whether people will be willing to wait that long.

I used to be in the same boat of grabbing the basic hero every week but even before the recent arena changes I stopped going for every champ since they were only going to 3/30 (if that) and not being used at all.

Right now I’m grinding the 5* arena to make top 10% and get 2k 5* shards which isn’t nearly as satisfying. If it wasn’t for alliance gold and BC requirement I would be selective of those as well.
    Doing the same. Five atar arena to get top 10% and the shards. But after burning through 60k shards for four Blade feature crystals, 50k more since then for basic crystals and opening ansix star crystal, the best I have to show for that effort is awakening my five star quake. All the other pulls were trash. Hard to stay motivated when you work that hard for so little return.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Kabam were actually doing okay, until they released 6 stars. The 6 stars were released way too prematurely, and no one would’ve had a problem if they made the 6 star shards available in small quantities, taking about half a year to a year to grind, adding more value to the 6 star. Kabam also screwed up by giving 2500 6 star shards for uncollected mastery. That’s 1/4 of a 6 star, which most people can grind through with no problem! Also, they should never have removed the old 5 star featured crystal, and instead should’ve had the 6 star featured crystal follow pursuit and use the same method, giving players a go at specific featured champs.

You can dismiss everything I said though, because Kabam are greedy PIGS whose greed have no bounds. Kabam want to keep making more and more and more money, even if it is TOXIC to the game. Don’t let kabam grab your tits and milk the $$$ out of you!!!
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    put a limit on duping champs..
  • JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    Besides getting modok from a feature I haven’t had a decent champ since I got DV back in september. My last 5* was duping BPCW and the one before that was Fiona. I haven’t had a new champ in over 10 crystals. I just keep duping the same **** champs
    ml61brw8km5b.jpeg

I don't see Carnage. You have no grounds for compliants.