**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake and Flying Characters

Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
I think it would be fun and a nice balance to make flying characters like AA, DS, Modok and Vulture immune to Quake’s earthquake generating heavies and aftershocks. It makes sense, plus it provides a limited option for having an advantage while fighting her, especially if she’s stun immune and often goes into her earthquake-generating heavy after throwing a combo into your block. I hardly think it would nerf her, either, since there are few flying characters and she wouldn’t have to rely on these two attack methods to beat these characters (except for Modok, against whom I would probably use her heavies a lot). And by flying characters, I mean those that are always flying - no champs like Hype or Sentry who float as they idly walk to you but otherwise stand while attacking and blocking.

Comments

• KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    I really like the idea, but here is a tip if you run against her in the future, try to time your specials when her "aftershock" about to apply, this way you will only get the damage with 0% to get stunned
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Good point, like the idea.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    Yes, but then flying characters would also have to be unharmed by things like magneto's sp2, juggernauts sp1, where does it stop?

I don’t think so. Magneto rips metal upwards out of the earth and Juggy sends rocks flying upward - there’s no reason to believe these wouldn’t hit flying characters who, after all, are only just floating above the ground. It would start and stop with Quake.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    Yes, but then flying characters would also have to be unharmed by things like magneto's sp2, juggernauts sp1, where does it stop?

Then what about Dr.strange's s3?
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I like these types of discussions, things that makes the game more realistic
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited April 2018
    Mags has the ability to manipulate magnetic fields meaning he can ground all flying heroes at his will.

in fact they should implent that ability...whenever a flying champion is near mags his ability grounds them for the duration of the fight lol
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Mags has the ability to manipulate magnetic fields meaning he can ground all flying heroes at his will.

in fact they should implent that ability...whenever a flying champion is near mags his ability grounds them for the duration of the fight lol

Now wouldn't we love seeing DS on the ground again.

Also,
    Magneto vs Magneto (Same versions)Down the ground.
    Magneto vs Magneto (Marvel now)Up in the air,Dash attack time reduced
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Sounds cool, also with them flying and all they shouldn't be effected by Caltrops.
  • UgoUgo Posts: 1
    Supported
  • TecknorockaTecknorocka Posts: 35
    Has anyone here actually watch agents of shield?? Cause im pretty sure she blasts in the air and not the ground
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Floating characters should also be immune to shock damage (over time) because, ya know.. they aren't grounded.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Has anyone here actually watch agents of shield?? Cause im pretty sure she blasts in the air and not the ground

The E1 blast yes. But the heavy charge atack that causes concussion is clearlly a ground thing to me
  • I've thought that about Electro's sp2 versus levitating opponents for a long time.
    Also, DD can't evade her sp1, or Jugg's? He used to evade Magneto's sp2, but they changed that. Also makes no sense.
    I disagree with the idea that Magneto can ground all flying opponents. Unless your means of flight is dependent on metal or magnetic fields, he has no power over them. Is there a comic based precedence for such an ability?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    Well the flyers shouldn’t “fall” into Mordo’s S3 either.

Or Spider-Man. It’s awful to see Peter slipping on the log bridge that any normal super strength person should be able to grab, much less Spider-Man, Mr Grip himself....
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133

Magneto should have magnetized on so many more opponents than are currently affected by it. I also think certain magical metals also should not be affected like how mjolnir isn't.
  • ZirkonZirkon Posts: 61
    Yeah, Flying-types are most of the time immune to Ground-type attacks.
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    In the show quakes powers don't just affect the ground, this change wouldn't make any sense.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Wouldn’t their stability come from the ground while flying? So manipulating the physical part of the ground would throw off their flight. Like a ping pong ball on a hair dryer. It floats fine but the second you shake it, it flies around.