**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best ways to earn gold? I’m down to 68... seriously

SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
edited April 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I know this has been a global frustration for some time, but I’ve finally hit rock bottom in terms of gold and I’m looking for some advice. I’m the leader of an alliance that does free maps only, so none of my gold has gone to the treasury in ages. I’ve been playing versus to earn some arena crystals with battle chips (hence,gold), but it’s feeling extremely laborious.

In terms of gold, is it better to buy the uncollected arena crystals for 10,000 battle chips or the regular arena crystals for 2,000 battle chips? The amounts of gold (aside from the “top prize” are not published in the drop rates, so I’m curious if anyone has been able to determine which is better in terms of the amount of gold likely to be earned taking into account the price of the crystal.

What quests grant the most gold? I’ve gone through the monthly Heroic, Master, and some of Uncollected level, but the low amount of gold earned seems absurd. Are there any story quests worth repeating? Or daily quests just to earn the gold?

The gold earned from war is at least enough to take a champion up a few levels, but yet again, nothing substantial.

Do any of you resort to buying gold crystals with units or glory? Or are there any other avenues to earning gold that I’m overlooking?

Any advice is appreciated. I’m feeling poor and stuck.

mt2xha1ivi9y.png

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Really just grinding the arena is the best way to go, in terms of uncollected vs normal arena crystals, uncollected probably gives you more gold. Story quest give a decent amount of gold over time but that's if you do a lot. If you're really desperate and you have a lot of iso, you can sell it and that can give you some.

Don't waste units on gold crystals. Really poor gold rates, you can buy 10 and it's very likely that you'll only get like 22,000 gold. It's really just the arena where you'd probably get a lot of gold the fastest, and hopefully kabam can bring back gold realms. If they do that do every single difficulty every time. I used to have a gold problem before the December gold realms but after that I still never have less than 1 milion gold.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Do what I do. Grind the Arena and try for Units. XD

Seriously, though. The Arena is the largest source. Do multiple Arenas for BCs and Milestones. Hold off on spending and dedicate some time to building a minimum balance. Then keep that balance, and replace what you use as you go. Gold comes from other sources as well, but the Arena is the largest source. Just don't spend until you build some.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    In an old video the arena crystals gave 1.75 gold per battlechip. In my recent 100x2 uncollected arena crystal opening i earned 1.87 good per battlechip. They are virtually the same.

You get out what you put in. Set goals in arena you can accomplish so it gives you something to shoot for rather than aimlessly going into it. The battlechips from arena combined with the sale of the iso8 from duping champions yields a fair amount of gold.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    68M gold is excellent!
    Wait, you mean 68k gold, ok that's on the low.
    Wait, what? you mean 68 pennies!

SIXTY EIGHT PENNIES!!!!

ok, let's put your 68 pennies into better use, for example, squash & flatten them

oa3di9n0zrpv.png

Joke aside, I feel your pain. I used to maintain 6M-8M gold. In Dec, my gold was down to 4-5M, last month, it was down to 2-3M, now it is barely 1+M .... I'm a regular active player, I play many of those daily quests, and of course monthly quest and story quest, and any special event quests. I grind arena EVERYDAY. I'll talk to you again when I'm left with 68 pennies and we can have beers together! ;)
  • MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    Sell iso.
  • Arena for gold, with gratis units. It just needs a little dedication :) but it will pays off for sure.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    In an old video the arena crystals gave 1.75 gold per battlechip. In my recent 100x2 uncollected arena crystal opening i earned 1.87 good per battlechip. They are virtually the same.

Thanks, super useful to know.

I guess I had a feeling arena was the way to go about earning gold in desperate times.

As far as the gold realm quests go, yeah, I did them all in December (and whenever they were around before that) and I'm still out. LOL.

• klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Love it when folks LOL suggestions to grind arena for gold. Amazingly, arena grinding also gets you units, which you will not get from whatever gold quests they pop out. I have 3k+ units AND 450k gold from arenas from just the end of the aw season. You don't want to commit the time then just rerun acts 4 or 5 on auto. As long as there's a path to get a bunch of gold (and units, xp, etc) why would they add code for an "EZ GOLD" button? Also, i'l trade you my stash of gold for some 6 star shards.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Gold crystals are half price :joy::joy::joy:
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I would sell ISO.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Don't worry... I have been at 32. 😔
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Lets not forget the Prosperity mastery! Maxed out you can add a whopping 2% more gold.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I've been below 20...
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    My wife and I own multiple businesses, so with very limited time, it is near impossible to grind hours upon hours for gold. I can complete the monthly solo events, AQ and AW. Outside of that, there really isn't time to grind, unless I want my family to end up bankrupt and homeless. So what is the solution for players like me?
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    There isn’t one. Just don’t level anyone up unless they’re a god-tier champ. Building gold reserves without the mind-numbing task of grinding the arena is a slow and painful process.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    I got 10 million gold, i know some people with 35 million, to earn gold:

1. play map 3 or 4 only
    2. Dont rank more than one champ every two weeks.
    3. Play in arena at least 25 rounds on feature and 25 in basic.
    4. Play quest
    5. Sell iso expiring
    6. Sell items expiring

My roster is 40 5 stars, 20 of them rank 3. 5 of then 4/55. 1 5star 5/65. 20 rank 5 4 stars. Like 60 rank 3 4 stars. 2 6 stars ready for level 2.

STOP whining guys.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I got 10 million gold, i know some people with 35 million, to earn gold:

1. play map 3 or 4 only
    2. Dont rank more than one champ every two weeks.
    3. Play in arena at least 25 rounds on feature and 25 in basic.
    4. Play quest
    5. Sell iso expiring
    6. Sell items expiring

My roster is 40 5 stars, 20 of them rank 3. 5 of then 4/55. 1 5star 5/65. 20 rank 5 4 stars. Like 60 rank 3 4 stars. 2 6 stars ready for level 2.

STOP whining guys.

Good idea, except now we need to change alliance, find an alliance that is not doing AQ map 5 or 4, and not requiring donation, and etc. Also, seems with only ranking not more than 1 champ every 2 weeks will not allow us to achieve some of our SA target/goal.

Nothing wrong, still many ppl are doing that, some even no longer care about SA, but I think some of us are talking about our "active AQ + AW + SA milestones + Arena + etc"

Wait one day I quit alliance altogether and play solo, and after I horde 100M gold without spending a penny, I'll come here again to show off my 100M shiny gold ;)