**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why can't I dex out when my block is getting hit?!?!?

Kabam, you constantly tell us you don't make changes without telling us and would NEVER do so. So why can I no longer use my dexterity to get away when the opponent is hitting into my block??? This is the BIGGEST CHANGE EVER MADE and you have said NOTHING!

Comments

• Options
    CREEPSTACREEPSTA Posts: 10
    Well I thought I was imagining things because Kabam would NEVER change the entire strategy how fights need to fought without telling us. Thank god I already finished act 5 and LOL. I can't imagine the poor souls who have to take the Act 5 block damage.
  • Options
    ItempasItempas Posts: 57
    I noticed this too after the update. Thought it was just that I was getting rusty but if they have made this change or of it's a bug they really need to address it
  • Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I find that rather annoying specially when facing opponents with 3K or above attack...
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    So, this is a little misleading. For the most part, you have never been able to Dexterity out of most attacks if the opponent is striking into your block. There are, however, some special attacks that do not cause a "hit reaction" when the opponent strikes your blocked attack, like Agent Venom or Cable's Special 1 Attacks.

Those are attacks that you are able to Dexterity out of while they are striking your block. They also happen to be the subject of a bug we are looking into. We don't make changes without telling you, so if something like this comes up, it is likely a bug that needs to be looked into.

As Miike says, I've never been able to dex out of strikes into a block.

To the OP: please add some details as opposed to no details.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    BTW, this bug is making Sentinel battles extra spicy. Get “block locked” and watch those stacks go up!
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike I don't mean to be so rude, but this was my first post ever, reporting a HUGE change in gameplay and the response I get is basically that I have been imagining things for the 2+ years I have been playing. What kind of response is that?!?!? We need to get this bug fixed.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    BTW, this bug is making Sentinel battles extra spicy. Get “block locked” and watch those stacks go up!

Exactly, that Sentinel ability to get charges is absurd as ****.

Why they get charges when you block twice in a row or keep blocking , maybe evade I can understand. It's such a cash grab, first introduce sentinel and then put them in AQ, then strip Nebula from her ability to shut them down and on top of that add an extra node in map 5.

They pretend that it is working as intended or practice with Nebula against Sentinel and see that things are working fine, well they are not working fine in the AQ, dammit.
  • Options
    DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    That is not quite true... I have been playing this game for a long time, almost two years - you could once upon a time dexterity back out of a 4-5 hit combo @Kabam Miike , then something with the game mechanics was changed. There were threads on the "old forums" about this, before the update
  • Options
    Semantics is the problem here. Dexterity triggering is not the issue, the issue is being able to drop your block after the first or second hit and swipe back to put distance between your champ and the opponent fast enough to avoid damage and also dash forward again to hit the enemy. It's been a consistent technique for a very long time, and now does not work anymore at least for most champs.

Exactly. Now if you try to do that your character drops their block, and ends up getting hit for real instead of just hit their block. KABAM CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS
  • Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Kabam knows it and they won't fix it. Pretty sure miikes response is the last response this thread is getting because that's how forums work. They claim something false and stay away from it, they also close some threads because the discussion is non constructive or whatever (they do this only when they can't answer the community).
    This won't get looked into and will be ignored, just like everything else that won't make cheap money for kabam.
  • Options
    Nick0609Nick0609 Posts: 71
    so annoying, i remember back in OG mcoc, i could easily evade rockets l1. Now, i either have to stay super far back or just take the block damage.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Yeah you are completely wrong mike, I have completely finished act 5 and I’ve always played like this, the game mechanics have completely changed regarding this issue, we did used to be able to dexterity evade out if we timed it perfectly out of a combo, ive done it for years,literally. If we missed the perfect timing we would keep blocking if we were using the two hand method, and this no longer works, those who are saying you never could, obviously didn’t realise/ utilise this technique, I’ve put thousands of hours into this game, and utilised it in most fights. and once again the game has changed for the worse for the player and you are denying it. This games gameplay was amazing pre 12.0, it’s never been the same since, I don’t know how new users even get hooked on the game, there’s so much block damage, unavoidable damage, fights that aren’t beatable without the perfect champions or a lot of units(money) th f2p option is dwindling no matter how much time you can put in to keep up
  • Options
    rooster30 wrote: »
    I’ve beaten act 5, working on completion. Not a noob and fairly skilled.

... You poor poor soul. Enjoy the block damage!!!!
  • Options
    DramioneDramione Posts: 76
    Totes agree with op. I noticed it recently, but thought it was just me.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Immediately and obviously noticeable as of recent. "Block lock" is a thing now and wasn't before. Period.
    I'm getting the same thing when I try to block/swipe a heavy much more often. Have to stay open in baiting mode ALL THE TIME now to avoid "Block Lock".

It is possible that many players were getting better than Kabam anticipated and mastered techniques that kept them from KO or even taking hits that kabam needs them to take to sell potions.
    If not, then that's the feeling the player base is getting at this point. RNG working controls = potions/revives.
  • Options
    EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
    So, this is a little misleading. For the most part, you have never been able to Dexterity out of most attacks if the opponent is striking into your block. There are, however, some special attacks that do not cause a "hit reaction" when the opponent strikes your blocked attack, like Agent Venom or Cable's Special 1 Attacks.

Those are attacks that you are able to Dexterity out of while they are striking your block. They also happen to be the subject of a bug we are looking into. We don't make changes without telling you, so if something like this comes up, it is likely a bug that needs to be looked into.

What? Dext out from a combo while blocking is how the game's mechanic always has worked.
    That comment is a misleading, we could back off in the middle of any combo from any champion. Now it's like when enemies start to hit has some clue and we can dexterity out. To me when AI is aggressive, enemy lands 4 hits combo in my block, dash back and go forward with another 4 hits and I can't get off.
    Dash back is the middle of a combo is not a bug, AI still can parry our specials in the middle of combo or even dext out. So why we can't?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Yes, let's be perfectly clear. This is a BRAND NEW thing happening from the Update. It is horrible. Ruins the game when players can't play how they have been for years. Now all the sudden its a completely different and much worse game.