Options

Morningstars passive bleed

From what I read about morningstars abilities, morningstars bleed is a passive damage over time effect, but when I used gladiator hulk to fight morningstar, morningstars bleed did not activate gladiator hulks face me ability. I wanna know if this is a bug or if morningstars bleed is not a passive damage over time effect...?

Comments

• Options
    Wiki9Wiki9 Posts: 71
    vgggvv6lue8x.jpeg
    0zixyzht2bp4.jpeg
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Bleed is not a passive DOT effect. Her souls are the passive ability, referring to the number next to her icon. These souls give her different abilities, including bleed.
  • Options
    But the passive souls cause the effect so technically speaking the bleed should be classifies as a passive damage over time debuff
  • Options
    ...no. From what I know, all bleeds are active, except Punisher's Open Wound bleed, which deals 0 damage. Just because the souls are passive doesn't mean the abilities are. Think of them as signature abilities, when you get a certain number of souls, new abilities are unlocked
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Information for Gladiator Hulks regen:
    Passive damage = Magik Limbo, Mephisto incinerate, Dormammu Degen, starburst Degen. (This is practically it)

Non-passive damage = Bleeds, poisons, Coldsnap, shock, etc.

How it is placed on you does not matter, what matters is how the debuff looks, active debuffs have a white ring around the debuff for the timer, passive debuffs have the entire icon filled in and used as the timer.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    can one of the mods comment on this pleasE?
  • Options
    Sucks that it doesn’t work but in my mind it should...
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,810 ★★★★★
    The souls itself are a passive ability. They aren't buffs.
    Getting X amount of souls will unlock new abilities. This abilities don't necessarily need to be passive, so they can be buffs or debuffs
  • Options
    @Etaki_Lirakoi this post got me thinking tho, maybe gulk's face me would work for punisher's open wound, I would be interested to see someone test this
  • Options
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @Etaki_Lirakoi this post got me thinking tho, maybe gulk's face me would work for punisher's open wound, I would be interested to see someone test this

No since open wound is not a damage over time effect
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Doubt it as there's not actual damage. A good example is something I discovered is Mordo's Soul Barb and the Dex buff activate Face me. Once the Dex buff isn't active (as Gulk doesn't have any other active buffs) then Soul Barb doesn't trigger Face me.

• Options
    Saiyan wrote: »

Doubt it as there's not actual damage. A good example is something I discovered is Mordo's Soul Barb and the Dex buff activate Face me. Once the Dex buff isn't active (as Gulk doesn't have any other active buffs) then Soul Barb doesn't trigger Face me.

eh that's a shame. It is true that kabam is sort of unclear which debuffs are passive and which aren't. Of all the different degens (brute force, life transfer, bane, etc.) in game, only starburst is passive
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

eh that's a shame. It is true that kabam is sort of unclear which debuffs are passive and which aren't. Of all the different degens (brute force, life transfer, bane, etc.) in game, only starburst is passive

I was really excited when I pulled Gulk as a 5* and now I have him as a 4/55. I jumped into all the degen possible to test. Was disappointing when I found only Starburst works which kinda makes no sense that it's the only one as they are all passive for the most part. They should have at least made him work vs Iceman at least to have more direct counters other than Meph and Sabertooth
  • Options

That's because starburst is the only thing that is passive. The other are just icons, to let the player know that the champion is taking damage from somewhere.