**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If the month of April is indicative of Kabam's direction for MCOC, then...

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
(TL:DR Located at the bottom)

I'm concerned about the future of the game for me.

Let me preface my comments with a bit of history, but, before I do that, please know this is not a rant. I am not complaining or whining or asking for anything. I am stating a simple fact about where I feel like I sit in terms of the recent directional shift this game has had and I wanted to pass it along to anyone who may be interested.

History: I'm a casual gamer and would probably be considered a slightly-above average MCOC player. As far as skills go, I don't see myself getting any "better" at the game anymore. I've been playing for over a year now and my basic motion skills haven't progressed much over the last several months. Natural abilities like fast reflexes, hand-eye-coordination and instinct aren't at the top of my list of talents, but, with that said, I do OK.

I have spent money on this game... somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000 in the 2-ish years I've been playing it. I'm an adult male in my 40's, work full-time and I have a family. I play this game in lieu of any other random expensive hobby.

I am Uncollected and have been since November, but it didn't come easily for me... and the resulting content that Uncollected status gave me access to hasn't been a walk in the park either. I failed at several of the first Uncollected events, but it never bothered me that much, because becoming Uncollected was a huge gust of wind in my sails.

That wind in my sails was encouraging... over the course of the next several months, I felt like I was getting a little better. I was completing harder and harder content with less difficulty. I was still spending on resources like revives, but it didn't bother me that much because I understand that I might have to occasionally buy a few revives to make up for my lack of skill. I'm OK with that.

This month, however, everything changed. This is the first month that I'm beginning to feel like I'm falling behind in many aspects of the game.

For me, ranking up champs and building up my roster is at least as fun as the fighting. However, that has slowed considerably due to lack of gold. I excel at resource management, so, for me, grinding is my only option to rectify this problem. Unfortunately, the time my family allows me to have on this game is already more than I could ever expect and I appreciate them for it. Taking away more time from them to grind arena for gold simply isn't going to happen.

This is also the first month where I will likely leave several events and challenges without 100% completion. This is due to increased energy costs, increased difficulty and increased time required. I was able to 100% the last two Uncollected EQ's (Killmonger and Sabertooth), but it's not going to happen this month. This will likely be the first month in a year where I have not 100% completed the "Normal" mode of EQ, again, due to time and increased energy costs. Alliance events now take longer... Sentinel fights are longer and they are not fun or exciting to fight. Time required seems to keep going up and rewards necessary to advance feel old and stale.

My excitement about Infinity Dungeons lasted long enough for me to realize that if I want to benefit from them, I'll need to give this game even MORE of my time... like I said before, I only have so much time I can give, so sacrifices will have to be made.

So, who's to blame for this?

I'm not here to blame anyone, and I don't expect Kabam to change the direction of their game just to suit my needs alone. Kabam is making decisions based upon what they feel like THEY need, and if that doesn't fit within my tolerance level, then so be it. I'll be on my way.

I will, however, say that I don't feel like I'm alone on this. The overall feeling of malaise and discontent across the greater community right now is staggering. As much as I do enjoy this game, I hope the powers that be can find it within themselves to bolster the community and, for lack of a better phrase, make MCOC great again.

TALK TO US... Be human beings. Let us know what's up. Throw us a bone. COMMUNICATE. Make us feel like we have value to you.

Anyway... Thanks for your time, and cheers.

TL:DR

If April is indicative of where this game is headed, then I'm out.

Not blaming anyone for anything or trying to start a fight... just passing along an opinion with hope it has value.

Comments

• Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Well said bro. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. Shoot I know I do.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Agree, more content but we still need to do all the lesser content to be competitive, rankups have slowed so much our lliance is struggling for sa for the first time ever, but he biggest problem was sentinels causing so much frustration. lost 1/3 of our alliance and still counting, people are unmotivated for war and aq, buggy gameplay really needs a look at
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    I feel the same way as the op. Left my alliance because im tired of the same old AW AQ that just doesn’t do it for me. Im also uncollected and will not finish Master and Uncollected quest this month. Too much time consuming and the difficulty is not fun. The amount of bugs and constant lag makes it annoying also. I could but choose not too. I read books instead.
    Will keep playing cuz I do enjoy the game but at my pace. Hoping that this new update will fix things up.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Likewise, all Kabam has to do is get back to what made the game fun. Collecting champs and sending them on different quest and challenges.
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    I feel this post hits the spot for me.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    @khehmist good point. I’ll head that way and get in the conversation. Thanks for posting.
  • GaaabeMGaaabeM Posts: 33
    edited April 2018
    Spot on, bro. Spot on. Couldn’t have said it better.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Thank you for taking the time to write this.
    I already hit the "Agree" button but also a small comment will re-bump this thread.

I like the game. I wanted to provide by feedback on it. I wanted to feel like I was part of it getting better but I hit the "no wall". So... now I play what Kabam brings. I play. I don't transform it into a stressful activity. I don't play as my life depends on it. I don't care for 200 shards more or less. but it is a competitive game. Not everyone will do it my way. And Kabam feeds on our actions as much as we feed on Kabam's actions.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Its i have been reducing my arena grind to do all the other content....
    But doing that is leaving me lacking units
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    stuff

Agree 100%

• DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    They really ruined this game very effectively in 2018 with some very bad decisions. Its a rip
This discussion has been closed.