**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Were you hoping that alliance war season 2 would be shorter than 55 days?

Were you hoping that alliance war season 2 would be shorter than 55 days? 71 votes

Yes
90%
DL864VoluntarisGamerrahul3038NevvBRektorBigPoppaCBONERiegelRagamugginGunnerNobody1019BendyBitterSteelDarkstar4387KeonexHeartlessRaganatorDoc_HollamonThe_Greatest_OneRetroRocksKaat19 64 votes
No
9%
GroundedWisdomEb0ny-O-M4wSgt_Doakes1Jets44DemonzfyreBahamutcx234333 7 votes

Comments

• MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    Yes
    I personally was hoping for something shorter.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I thought at least 30 days
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes even more players will burn out and retire esp with dungeons. This will prove to be damaging to both the player community and kabam in the long run.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Yes
    It’s too much pressure for too long.
    Yes
    But they can't just shorten. Need to also address the discrepancy of rewards lest the player base is divided even more. Many of the top players already have 2 565s. Shortened seasons without addressing reward discrepancy is also misguided.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Yes
    Stress of 8 weeks is having a negative effect on the players for sure. Had the most ally turnover ever right once season 1 ended... it's only going to get worse.
    Yes
    @GroundedWisdom what aw tier are you and how many deaths does your alliance average? Bc there might be a difference between more competitive and less competitive alliances where the margin of error in the former is very small (unless we factor piloting).
    Yes
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Stress of 8 weeks is having a negative effect on the players for sure. Had the most ally turnover ever right once season 1 ended... it's only going to get worse.

Perhaps the goal is to wipe half the community, perfectly balanced as all things should be?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    No
    Shorter means less rewards. AW is on going even without seasons so not sure how you cant get burnt out by "seasons". 55 days is fine. Gives alliances opportunities to catch up or get better tiers.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Im wuld agerd it to long 2 much berfor get reward wish it one and a half
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Yes
    If the season is going to be so long, I’d prefer there be no AW at all between seasons or a practice AW auto-populated like arena.
  • shortpkershortpker Posts: 72
    Yes
    @GroundedWisdom what aw tier are you and how many deaths does your alliance average? Bc there might be a difference between more competitive and less competitive alliances where the margin of error in the former is very small (unless we factor piloting).

What you're talking about has nothing to do with what I said. You can't have a Season with too short a timeframe. What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with it.

So reduce the rewards and shorten the season. I play at the top and 55 days is a very long time to constantly be grinding AW without deaths.
    Yes

What you're talking about has nothing to do with what I said. You can't have a Season with too short a timeframe. What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with it.

@GroundedWisdom if you follow the rules of logical argument then what I asked was not only an invitation to have a mature and meaningful conversation, but was very relevant bc of the premises that I already made explicit. For example,

Premise 1, competitive alliances are under constant pressure to clear and not die
    Premise 2, the longer the duration of this pressure, the likelier it is that people will burn out and retire
    Premise 3, as evidence for premise 2, refer to the mass of players who have quit or alliances that have crumbled for this very reason
    Conclusion, competitive alliances, who are measured by tier, bracket, and amount of deaths, are more sensitive to these premises.

So my relevant question, which was an invitation to have a mature conversation that you declined and are apparently not ready for, was: which aw tier are you? Does your alliance clear every war and how many deaths does it approximately average? This is a question to anyone who has answered no to this poll. It's an invitation for a meaningful conversation.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Yes
    It’s too much for me. It’s not AW by itself that is the problem. It is running AW with AQ and all of these new events simultaneously. By the time I use my top champs for AW offense and defense and AQ, I am left with my “D” team for events. It would be nice if this was not an issue for me, but the drastic difference in champion tiers plus the never-ending bugs in the game make using this time for more difficult content nearly impossible.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No

@GroundedWisdom if you follow the rules of logical argument then what I asked was not only an invitation to have a mature and meaningful conversation, but was very relevant bc of the premises that I already made explicit. For example,

Premise 1, competitive alliances are under constant pressure to clear and not die
    Premise 2, the longer the duration of this pressure, the likelier it is that people will burn out and retire
    Premise 3, as evidence for premise 2, refer to the mass of players who have quit or alliances that have crumbled for this very reason
    Conclusion, competitive alliances, who are measured by tier, bracket, and amount of deaths, are more sensitive to these premises.

So my relevant question, which was an invitation to have a mature conversation that you declined and are apparently not ready for, was: which aw tier are you? Does your alliance clear every war and how many deaths does it approximately average? This is a question to anyone who has answered no to this poll. It's an invitation for a meaningful conversation.

No. It was not an invitation to a mature conversation. It was an attempt to call me out on what Tier I'm in because you disagree with what I said. Not my first visit here.
  • Sgt_Doakes1Sgt_Doakes1 Posts: 34
    edited May 2018
    No
    I think 2 months is good, aw will go on whether its during or in between seasons. So from my point of view this post about complaining about the frequency of rewards. I think they made a good call with this.
  • cx234333cx234333 Posts: 111
    No
    55 days is nothing
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61
    Yes
    cx234333 wrote: »
    55 days is nothing

see you in 40 day suckas!
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

In any tier, the Leader and the Officers are responsible for the morale of their Alliance mates, not Kabam. Everyone knows what the rewards are, everyone knows what a grind the season is, and everyone has a good idea of where they stand in the rewards hierarchy. If you choose play the game at a highly competitive level, you choose to put added stress on yourself. If the stress is too much, take a break or move down the ladder. If your Alliance is going to ratchet up the pressure on it's members so it can achieve the best rewards possible, then people will burn out and you will lose people. The Leader and Officers need to decide if it's worth pushing hard for the best rewards and losing people or if it's better to downshift a bit and drop a rewards bracket or two, but keep it's core together.