Getting punched through blocks... why is this still happening?

Kabam has been cashing in on this bug for over a year now... luckily, I was able to record a perfect example of these shenanigans, just moments ago.

oow5w7l3czsh.png
zxegj2flj2pn.png
hqop5xdcgdye.png
0jbga6yh56wa.png
fcqzil4pynf1.png
ihwl3n59tjb7.png

Punched through my block and then KO’d... probably would’ve lost anyway, but I definitely would’ve gotten a lot further than that.

How long are we supposed to put up with this?
«1

Comments

  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 368 ★★
    9 months now. Only thing that should take that friggin long is a baby.
  • addisonbassistaddisonbassist Posts: 560 ★★★
    AKKKTEK wrote: »
    ONE MORE THING BRO HOW CAN I ICEMAN TAKE INCINERATE DAMAGE? ICEMAN IS IMMUNE TO INCINERATE DAMAGE.
    That’s not incinerate damage. It’s heat charges that are converted to direct physical damage.

    I had to double check... but that damage is legit.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Ok so blocking just became irrelevant but i can tell you one thing for sure its not damage through blocks its the block damage. And it will happen like this only if the opponent has really high attack say 3-4k attack damage.i know this is sad but kabam answer to this broken block mechanic is another broken mechanic called evade
  • addisonbassistaddisonbassist Posts: 560 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Would love to get an official comment on this... happens to me dozens of times a month, mostly against opponents that are incredibly aggressive and/or much higher ranked than my champ.



    iPad Pro 10.5
    iOS 11.3.1
    ISP gives me 120+ MPS download and 20+ MBPS Upload speeds.

    Aside from being incredibly frustrating, it's not exactly easy on the resources to constantly deal with bugs and/or lag like this.

    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Problem with videos on this issue is how do we know you didn’t accidentally dash back when he hit you breaking your own block? Which causes the same outcome if timed incorrectly. I’m not saying that is what you did, but there could also have been something on your screen causing conflict in the controls.

    Just hard to prove this problem.
  • addisonbassistaddisonbassist Posts: 560 ★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Problem with videos on this issue is how do we know you didn’t accidentally dash back when he hit you breaking your own block? Which causes the same outcome if timed incorrectly. I’m not saying that is what you did, but there could also have been something on your screen causing conflict in the controls.

    Just hard to prove this problem.

    Um.

    Did you look at the screen shots?

    Block is being held before the hit, and entirely through the hit, until the damage is done.

    There is absolutely nothing to indicate that I dashed back at any moment while I was getting hit.

    If it was from dashing back, Iceman would've had to have let go of the block at some point before the hit connected, and that doesn't happen.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Jaded wrote: »
    Problem with videos on this issue is how do we know you didn’t accidentally dash back when he hit you breaking your own block? Which causes the same outcome if timed incorrectly. I’m not saying that is what you did, but there could also have been something on your screen causing conflict in the controls.

    Just hard to prove this problem.

    Um.

    Did you look at the screen shots?

    Block is being held before the hit, and entirely through the hit, until the damage is done.

    There is absolutely nothing to indicate that I dashed back at any moment while I was getting hit.

    If it was from dashing back, Iceman would've had to have let go of the block at some point before the hit connected, and that doesn't happen.

    Not true at all, if improperly timed it can look like a hit through a block. Again read what I said, I am not saying that this happened to you exactly. But it’s more of a case of how hard it is to prove this problem.

    Edit: the video and photos prove nothing because we don’t see your fingers and their movements
  • addisonbassistaddisonbassist Posts: 560 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Jaded wrote: »
    the video and photos prove nothing because we don’t see your fingers and their movements
    So, what you're saying is that character movements don't reflect device input, further proving my point that there's a problem that needs to be fixed.

    What you're saying clearly did not happen... but even if it did it still represents a glaring issue that is confusing to players and needs to be addressed.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    the video and photos prove nothing because we don’t see your fingers and their movements
    So, what you're saying is that character movements don't reflect device input, further proving my point that there's a problem that needs to be fixed.

    What you're saying clearly did not happen... but even if it did it still represents a glaring issue that is confusing to players and needs to be addressed.

    No, if you had a poorly timed dash back in that video it’s your fault.
    Jaded wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    Problem with videos on this issue is how do we know you didn’t accidentally dash back when he hit you breaking your own block? Which causes the same outcome if timed incorrectly. I’m not saying that is what you did, but there could also have been something on your screen causing conflict in the controls.

    Just hard to prove this problem.

    Um.

    Did you look at the screen shots?

    Block is being held before the hit, and entirely through the hit, until the damage is done.

    There is absolutely nothing to indicate that I dashed back at any moment while I was getting hit.

    If it was from dashing back, Iceman would've had to have let go of the block at some point before the hit connected, and that doesn't happen.

    Not true at all, if improperly timed it can look like a hit through a block. Again read what I said, I am not saying that this happened to you exactly. But it’s more of a case of how hard it is to prove this problem.

    Edit: the video and photos prove nothing because we don’t see your fingers and their movements

    Kabam Rep confirmed!!

    It isn't a problem unless you say it under oath, with 25k witnesses present, on a mic / on a podium in front of white house. Even then, you will be ignored because it is your opinion and not an actual problem!!

    Honestly, this happens only when AI difficulty level is greater than expert. Not sure why or how, but this happens a lot on my Android device. I'll block or parry and get hit, even though I know I timed it perfectly.

    No, not a kabam rep. But I’d say 80% of the glitches people talk about are player fault. The timing in the game is pretty precise one tiny mistake can make it look to be a glitch. Even the smallest finger twitch at the wrong time can make it look like the AI has super powers.

    There are issues. And I’m not saying this isn’t an issue. But people need to be smarter about how the record it. We need to see finger movements as well otherwise there are questions.
  • addisonbassistaddisonbassist Posts: 560 ★★★
    Once again, my obtuse little friend...

    If even the smallest finger twitch is registering server-side as movement but I am unable to see that movement on my side at any point during the animation, there is still a problem, whether that is what happened here or not.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Jaded wrote: »
    Problem with videos on this issue is how do we know you didn’t accidentally dash back when he hit you breaking your own block? Which causes the same outcome if timed incorrectly. I’m not saying that is what you did, but there could also have been something on your screen causing conflict in the controls.

    Just hard to prove this problem.

    its 2018. do you really think its our phones still? the game still needs a lot of fixing up to do. whats the point of new content if simple gameplay mechanics dont work?

    also he has video proof hard to discredit that. plus the mods always ask for video evidence so here we are

    and dude hes HOLDING block so dont think hes dashing back but the AI hits right thru it
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Problem with videos on this issue is how do we know you didn’t accidentally dash back when he hit you breaking your own block? Which causes the same outcome if timed incorrectly. I’m not saying that is what you did, but there could also have been something on your screen causing conflict in the controls.

    Just hard to prove this problem.

    its 2018. do you really think its our phones still? the game still needs a lot of fixing up to do. whats the point of new content if simple gameplay mechanics dont work?

    also he has video proof hard to discredit that. plus the mods always ask for video evidence so here we are

    and dude hes HOLDING block so dont think hes dashing back but the AI hits right thru it

    I never blamed the phone. Human error. Again despite what most what to think about the video being proof. It isn’t unless we see the players fingers.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Once again, my obtuse little friend...

    If even the smallest finger twitch is registering server-side as movement but I am unable to see that movement on my side at any point during the animation, there is still a problem, whether that is what happened here or not.

    Again it is then human error not kabam’s fault. If your finger let go at any point just the slightest it could look like a hit broke your block.

    Again I’m not saying dropped blocks isn’t a problem in the game. Just get better evidence. Imo to help community. These videos and photos prove nothing.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 899 ★★★
    Looks to me like he hit you before you got your block up.
    who8uwvyl22e.png

  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    No one has made an argument for a late parry
  • I think jaded is just trying to point out the obvious... He's not necessarily saying a hit thru a block didn't occur. Just that there's no real proof in the video. And that's unfortunate. He's not calling you into question.

    But he is right. Without seeing what is physically happening, you can't 100% say whether it's a user-dropped block or a hit thru a block. Turn on the setting in ur phone that shows user input/taps. Record again. That would go further towards proving ur case. Otherwise, you're expecting everyone to just believe a stranger on the internet. You obv have a good case, and I don't disbelieve you, but there's no real proof. That taps setting isn't 100% either tbh but it goes further than ur video and pics do
  • I'm 99% sure this happens to me somewhat regularly as well btw. I think they tweak things on the regular and it causes issues. But they have repeatedly said they do not. But when you play a video game so much that you really don't have to even look at the screen to clear fights with little to no damage, you tend to notice even small differences in timing, ai, and other related factors in a fight.

    If say that 9 times out of 10 when I get smashed they my block, I know that I know that I know my thumb didn't twitch, shift, lift, or move. Actually proving that is a different story tho, unfortunately
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    Shows damage with block still held as if the block wasn't there, then the block is gone. Pretty clean cut proof this is an issue.
  • addisonbassistaddisonbassist Posts: 560 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    chunkyb wrote: »
    But he is right. Without seeing what is physically happening, you can't 100% say whether it's a user-dropped block or a hit thru a block.
    You're missing an entirely separate point.

    EVEN IF THAT WERE THE CASE, THE FACT THAT USER INPUT DOES NOT EQUAL WHAT YOU SEE HAPPENING ON SCREEN IS ALSO CLEARLY A PROBLEM.

    It doesn't MATTER that you can't see input blips on the screen during the video, what matters is that it's impossible to tell whether I messed up or if Kabam messed up... if that's because of user error, or lag, or whatever, it doesn't matter because IT'S A PROBLEM FOR USERS AND FOR KABAM.

    Both issues... user input not being reflected on screen and getting punched through blocks... have to do with lag that is affecting gameplay, both mechanically AND visually.

    It makes the gameplay experience incredibly frustrating and should be reported.

    Over and over and over again, ad nauseam, until it's fixed.
  • UltimatechampionUltimatechampion Posts: 107
    Happens with me too thanks for the proof dude,i hope kabam fix it ASAP!!
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Ad0ra_ bring your Here and look this pics this is one of the main issue many of facing but never could record like this guy did #Respect and fix this issue and also your support team who never replies it’s been more then 31 hours now I’m waiting for reply but nothing
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    But he is right. Without seeing what is physically happening, you can't 100% say whether it's a user-dropped block or a hit thru a block.
    You're missing an entirely separate point.

    EVEN IF THAT WERE THE CASE, THE FACT THAT USER INPUT DOES NOT EQUAL WHAT YOU SEE HAPPENING ON SCREEN IS ALSO CLEARLY A PROBLEM.

    It doesn't MATTER that you can't see input blips on the screen during the video, what matters is that it's impossible to tell whether I messed up or if Kabam messed up... if that's because of user error, or lag, or whatever, it doesn't matter because IT'S A PROBLEM FOR USERS AND FOR KABAM.

    Both issues... user input not being reflected on screen and getting punched through blocks... have to do with lag that is affecting gameplay, both mechanically AND visually.

    It makes the gameplay experience incredibly frustrating and should be reported.

    Over and over and over again, ad nauseam, until it's fixed.

    Dude. I get ur frustrated lol. I said I have the same issues. But instead of yelling at other users, I was just trying to point out ways to possibly give kabam more info and cut out any questions. It always feels like you have to cover all the bases and cut out any possible options that aren't "this is a bug" before they do anything. Otherwise, they'll start with the nonsense questions about phone type, connection type, color of the shirt you're wearing, dog's name, etc.

    But keep on ranting. It's obv working I guess
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    They warned me about a comment I posted but have yet to comment on the thread. Priorities

    Op I have had a couple fights lately, specifically in dungeons like room 5 or 6 of dungeon 5 where attempting to block is near suicide. I have been hit consecutively upwards to 10 times all of which I was holding block or atleast I feel like I was.
This discussion has been closed.