**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ days 4 and 5 and the sudden garbage gameplay....

BlackhawkbillBlackhawkbill Posts: 117
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
I see threads all the time w regards to the laundry list of bugs, glitches and gameplay issues and thankfully don't run into many of them.....however...

The last half dozen AQ's I've noticed something. Days 4 and 5 are already pretty damn tough when concerning the difficulty (10.6 mill alliance w a day 5 prestige of 8,600 or so). Along w that difficulty I also have noticed a SEVERE drop in playabilty and glitchiness. Between the lag, slowed and/or jumpy frames and the erratic fighting style of the AI it's close to impossible to not avoid massive health loss.

I do the immune skill path in section 2....so add that in with all the above, so it takes a pretty skilled player to reach Dormammu w no to minimal items used....which I am if I may add. Had a flawless fight going with Gwenpool w my full health Cap (5* 4/55) and w 1/4 health left on her, the damn frames started getting all jumpy and skipped causing the swipe to evade the gunshot on her L1....ONE hit and the ensuing incinerate took 10k+ health!!! **** seriously Kabam?!

And for the record it's not my phone...Iphone 6S+...nothing running in the background w full signal lol

Comments

• Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Yes...I think Kabam made changes in AI slightly. But all i know is that it could be because of Challenger rating, higher the rating of your opponent lower the ability of your champs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't have any game glitch issues anymore.
  • BurntbaconBurntbacon Posts: 73
    Experiencing the same thing. There is noticable changes in the AI ability to recover, parry is not working consistently, and the lag is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    The AI recovery, parry and block issues still pop up. And I've noticed reach issues with heavies too. last time it was with aa who has a long reach but not as long as I saw.

There has to be a simple explanation for it.
  • ShadeadShadead Posts: 28
    Yep, today I had Captain Marvel whiff on the 4th hit on my combo and was instantly murdered because of it. I also had the special button not trigger until I hit it 6 times. Blocks not triggering half the time and magically being intercepted even though my character dashed back. Double dash has been failing frequently. Character stuck in place quite often.

I also had issues with Venompool in the monthly quest where his SP2 would freeze the game. Zero issues otherwise besides block failing to work in the monthly quest.

Issues occurred on both iPad Air 2 and iPhone SE. Honestly, not even sure why I bother playing this or thinking that some day Kabam will actually fix something.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Yes...I think Kabam made changes in AI slightly. But all i know is that it could be because of Challenger rating, higher the rating of your opponent lower the ability of your champs.

Challenger rating, from what I know, definitely affects stats, and might affect abilities. However, I don't think challenger rating goes as far as causing bugs and glitches. I also don't think it affects the AI difficulty, which is easily proven if you bring a maxed 3* to duel let's say...a maxed 4*, compared to bringing a maxed 4* to duel him. There will be no difference in the AI difficulty.

As for the other replies, I have experienced it occasionally: From whiffed hits, to a sudden drop in framerate for a few seconds. Although, I can experience this at any time (not necessarily strictly on day 4 or 5 AQ). I think the reason why these issues are more prominently visible on days 4 and 5 of AQ is because the enemies are much tougher to kill, meaning the fight will drag on long enough for you to start spotting these issues. That's just my rough theory.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    If you have an android phone it's probably the issue.
  • AjarAjar Posts: 64
    I have serious issues with blocking and parrying, can't do any of it anymore since the last maintenance. It's really bad, please fix this soon. I usually never use items in map5 ever but this time my team was almost down in the first section because, they got through my block and killed me with 2 hits
    Btw i have the ONEPLUS 3 latest build.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    I think on day 4 and day 5 the Ai animations are faster and sometimes laggy. Also the Ai behaviors are more freaking unpredictable. We use assigned paths and ppl get very used to fight the same champs again and again.

@Ajar I have the same phone but no issues except the usual sporadic crash at the end of the fight (never ending loading) when I switch wifi-mobiledata
    Slux83 wrote: »
    I think on day 4 and day 5 the Ai animations are faster and sometimes laggy. Also the Ai behaviors are more freaking unpredictable. We use assigned paths and ppl get very used to fight the same champs again and again.

@Ajar I have the same phone but no issues except the usual sporadic crash at the end of the fight (never ending loading) when I switch wifi-mobiledata

Yep that's what i'm experiencing, too. only Mobiledata is playable for me right now.
    But the thing is i'm a good fighter, but lately everytime i try to block it's not happening, the same with parry. And idk why
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

Challenger rating, from what I know, definitely affects stats, and might affect abilities. However, I don't think challenger rating goes as far as causing bugs and glitches. I also don't think it affects the AI difficulty, which is easily proven if you bring a maxed 3* to duel let's say...a maxed 4*, compared to bringing a maxed 4* to duel him. There will be no difference in the AI difficulty.

As for the other replies, I have experienced it occasionally: From whiffed hits, to a sudden drop in framerate for a few seconds. Although, I can experience this at any time (not necessarily strictly on day 4 or 5 AQ). I think the reason why these issues are more prominently visible on days 4 and 5 of AQ is because the enemies are much tougher to kill, meaning the fight will drag on long enough for you to start spotting these issues. That's just my rough theory.

Both of my points are different. AI is so much good at intersecting and catches you mid air. And the other point is, higher the CR of opponent lower the ability of your champs.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    When Kabam has no other way of increasing difficulty, they do so by making your champs not respond to swipes
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    We really need a game that works and responds to users commands. This is getting so frustrating. It's been months now that the app simply does not perform well with all the glitches, lags, crashes and not registered blocks and evades. I'm starting to doubt the devs are actually able to fix it for good. And I don't want to think they just don't want to, but seriously...these are the only two logical conclusions.
  • Yes...I think Kabam made changes in AI slightly. But all i know is that it could be because of Challenger rating, higher the rating of your opponent lower the ability of your champs.

Challenger rating and ai shouldn't make my Google pixel drop frames and nothing on those nodes says slow-mo. Everything was working smoothly until day 4 and had one crash entering the fight vs hood... Never even saw the filters running into the ring. Lost half health of one champ. Restart, confirm no other apps running, confirm signal strength, enter fight with next champ, luckily no crash, frames dropping like crazy, guessing I got hit with a heavy because I went from entering the fight to laying on the ground. The dropped frames were happening a lot in t4 arena last night as well, but they're not as deadly there. Might as well have been fighting under a strobe light.
  • Shadead wrote: »
    Yep, today I had Captain Marvel whiff on the 4th hit on my combo and was instantly murdered because of it. I also had the special button not trigger until I hit it 6 times. Blocks not triggering half the time and magically being intercepted even though my character dashed back. Double dash has been failing frequently. Character stuck in place quite often.

I also had issues with Venompool in the monthly quest where his SP2 would freeze the game. Zero issues otherwise besides block failing to work in the monthly quest.

Issues occurred on both iPad Air 2 and iPhone SE. Honestly, not even sure why I bother playing this or thinking that some day Kabam will actually fix something.

YAIS. Stuck in place was driving me insane yesterday. Swipe back, but no movement and getting destroyed. Swipe forward after a parry and no movement, swipe again.. Again.. Directly into a combo. Noticed this mostly when using ultron vs the mutant line in the third part of map 5.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

Both of my points are different. AI is so much good at intersecting and catches you mid air. And the other point is, higher the CR of opponent lower the ability of your champs.
    You aren't being specific enough. What do you mean by "lowering the ability of our champs"? Do you mean the effectiveness of the abilities or the chance to trigger them? Do you mean both at the same time? Or do you mean something else?