**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I feel like I need a PhD in game theory to understand the new Infinity War Champs

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
I'm playing through the higher levels of the monthly quest and that means I need to research the powers of the new monthly champs that are set as bosses. At heroic levels and below, any R4 5* champ can eat bosses so fast you don't get to see what they can do, then when you do your first Master run, you start to see what they can and can't do.

Based on what I'm seeing: Is there some type of visual aid that can help decipher Cap's and IM's new abilities?

The list of their abilities is verbose at best... and pretty incomprehensible...

New champs have ability descriptions that seem to be approaching a thousand words... I don't have enough space in my mind palace for all this BS.

My ability description for every champ: Avoid getting hit. Bait specials. Intercept. Evade. Parry.

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    I'm playing through the higher levels of the monthly quest and that means I need to research the powers of the new monthly champs that are set as bosses. At heroic levels and below, any R4 5* champ can eat bosses so fast you don't get to see what they can do, then when you do your first Master run, you start to see what they can and can't do.

Based on what I'm seeing: Is there some type of visual aid that can help decipher Cap's and IM's new abilities?

The list of their abilities is verbose at best... and pretty incomprehensible...

New champs have ability descriptions that seem to be approaching a thousand words... I don't have enough space in my mind palace for all this BS.

My ability description for every champ: Avoid getting hit. Bait specials. Intercept. Evade. Parry.

I'd do this also until I get my ass handed to me, that's when I actually go and spend some time reading the abilities.

You can also watch the youtube videos who can decipher the abilities for you.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    auri34btqgao.png
    Yeah, then compare it to antman. They are getting to creative.
  • Options
    Nick0609Nick0609 Posts: 71
    I have to watch "molecular armor buffs" and a million other things while I'm evading spasmodic attack animations as they try to find ways to make the AI tougher to beat.

Pretty soon, a champ will just start a match, light up the screen in a way to cause you to have a seizure and then the champ will kill you. It will be Kabam's ultimate boss on whatever new LOL replacement will be... The attack will be called "flash bang".

and he instantly gains full power, and his l3 is instant KO
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Nick0609 wrote: »
    I have to watch "molecular armor buffs" and a million other things while I'm evading spasmodic attack animations as they try to find ways to make the AI tougher to beat.

Pretty soon, a champ will just start a match, light up the screen in a way to cause you to have a seizure and then the champ will kill you. It will be Kabam's ultimate boss on whatever new LOL replacement will be... The attack will be called "flash bang".

and he instantly gains full power, and his l3 is instant KO

But you can buy "welder's helmet" from the store for 1K units a piece. It will nullify the sp3, but the helmet is destroyed after it absorbs one sp3.
  • Options
    SCHNOOTSCHNOOT Posts: 49
    Don't give them any ideas
  • Options
    RafamateRafamate Posts: 38
    This is stupid. How can the game be balanced when original characters have 1 or 2 abilities and newly released champs come in with so many more and can do different things with their persistent charges and stuff. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Rafamate wrote: »
    This is stupid. How can the game be balanced when original characters have 1 or 2 abilities and newly released champs come in with so many more and can do different things with their persistent charges and stuff. Ridiculous.

The game cannot be balanced, because one thing can't be balanced. Balance requires at least two things.

It sounds quippier than it is. Balance is a relationship not a thing, and games are designed with large numbers of balance relationships. Whenever someone talks about balance in the singular, they are either speaking very colloquially or they don't know what they are talking about, that unfortunately this includes a sizeable percentage of the game developer community.

Champions aren't balanced, because balance isn't a thing. Champions aren't balanced against each other, because that's not how they are designed. Champions are actually balanced against a rough power median with an inflation curve, but that's a complicated thing to explain. The short and very simplistic version is that there's a hypothetical average champion power level that is sort of the average of all the champions in the game. The idea is for newer champions to aim for that average, plus or minus some range. Since the tendency over time is to miss higher than lower, the average drifts upward. As the average target drifts upward, newer champions get to aim for a slightly higher level of power. As they also tend to miss higher, they slowly pull the average up. Of course, lots of newer champions miss low, sometimes way low. But the average itself slowly drifts upward.

I'm not sure you were asking a serious question, but that's the answer in any case.
  • Options

Don't give them ideas! geez.....