**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dungeons - Does Anyone Else Feel The Same?

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Let me preface by saying this is not a complaint, or for any particular end. I just wanted to share my feelings and see if anyone else's experience is the same.
To start, I love the new Feature. It's interactive and fun, and you get to meet new Players. I was excited when it was released, and I was gung-ho for all 3 5* Champs. After a while, I realized how taxing it was.
I decided to narrow it down to 2 Champs, and save some stress. However, I find I'm getting to the point where I don't care if I get those either. It's been a huge drain on my energy. My primary focus is getting the Milestones, and aside from AQ and AW, and a 3* Grind, I haven't been able to get much else done. I find myself scrambling to hit the Milestones everyday when I get up, and then having to start all over again.
Now, I know I make my own goals, and I'm not holding the Feature responsible for my stress. I choose what to focus on. I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt the same. It's gotten to the point where I feel like it's more work than enjoyment, and I'm almost ready to focus on getting one Champ at my leisure, so I can get back to other things. What concerns me the most is having it affect my enjoyment of the game. I won't let it take too much of that.
In any event, I've been having a love/hate thing going on the last couple weeks, and I was wondering if anyone can relate, or if anyone has already scaled back. It's feeling like alot of work, and my Grinding and other Questing is lacking. At the end of the day, I'm the one that is in control. If I have to let it go, so be it. Just wondering if it's just me feeling that way. Thanks.

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Yes there is a lot of content this month! You are absolutely right! But no one is saying you have to get it all done, you can pick and choose what you wanna do and not have regrets about doing only arena, if that's what you wanna do. This content is lowering the cut offs in my opinon, that is for sure. Not letting it get you down, choose all or just some. All up to you.
    As for how long it takes to finish the dungeons, all depends who your team and you partners team (and skill level) will determine how fast you get them done. I personally do 5 rooms of Dungeon 5 twice and I'm finished....YAY
  • Double_Dragon2Double_Dragon2 Posts: 27
    edited May 2018
    Agree with a lot of what you said. Kabam recently made dungeons slightly less time consuming but it's still a hassle and I can't wait until it's over and hope they never bring it back (or at least greatly buff the dark artifact crystals with better champs).

Way too much going on and this whole game is burning me out as well as my alliance.

GW, try hitting 250-300 rounds of arena (750-900 single fights) every 3 days as well while doing dunegeons AQ and AW. Burn out is real and the game's turned into a chore when it's supposed to fun.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    I just do it one day on and a day off. There are guys in my alliance that love dungeon 6. I have 2 rank 4 5star champs. So I choose the mutant path run dungeon 6 for three rooms and get out with 6.5k points. One run of dungeon 5 gets me my full milestones. What causes the burnout in my opinion is getting the right dungeon partner. Match making has been useless to me, I've wasted really good champs on matchmaking. Dot
    It one day on and a day off with your best champs and it doesn't take 3hrs of your life. It takes 30mins instead.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I gave up after two days, when I saw that it would be forty more days of effort for a chance at three champs I may never use.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★
    For me fell almost the same only becasse. Get 27k Dark and end op with a dups ther only count for 1 sig it isanes. Amunet of grind. And when it end op with a dups 50 juggs it get frusting. To get thah after 2 weeks grind.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Well if you have a big roster the changes have made it bearable, I’ve got 4 r4 5*s and two 6*s so using 3 a day I can usually handle 4 rounds of map 6 once a day, or 3 rounds then a quick 2 rounds of map 5, that means 8-15 actual fights for full rewards, I had been blase and only running them every now and then until the changes, earnt my first 5* today and punted for x-23 as I have a mutant rankup stone waiting, duped my nc, gutted
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Yeah you not the only one mate.. I gave up a few days in.. At first it was exciting but very short lived.. Quickly found I was getting no enjoyment from it just stress trying to hit them marks.. After the adjustments I did a couple more days but the match making was setting me up with players that either lacked the champs or the skill.. 2 rooms me at full hp them almost wiped out (Obviously if you're using your best champs it's irritating knowing that there's going to be a long cool down for very little points) The final straw was after running into 3 players (with low champs) in a row that neither continued or concluded.. Having to wait 8-12 minutes till the timer expired and then restart the app (would come up with my 3 champs still locked in the edit team section.. Had to restart to free them) was really annoying and time consuming..
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    It’s all about your partner. I was hating it at first, I actually skipped it for 5 or 6 days.

I decided to try auto match in dungeon 6 and happened to match with a really good dude, now we run 4 rooms of dungeon 6 every day and we are done. Takes about 40 min.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I feel the same way, but that 5 star awaken gem is calling my name...

... ugh, I just know I'll get Cosmic or Science anyway and wasted 40 days grinding for nothing.
  • DuMonUDuMonU Posts: 54
    I thinks it's the same as any other content in the game....you can drive yourself batty trying to hit milestones in order to proceed at a quicker rate OR sit back and smell the coffee and run what you can, when you can and proceed at a regular pace. The more time you have to invest in this game the faster you proceed but most of us have lives and only have an hour or two per day to spend twiddling our thumbs to move marvel heroes around a screen.
    Dungeons in my opinion is a great addition, by the end I'll get one 5 star champion through shards but ill also pick up a few things in the store like t1 alpha, 4* awakening stone, T2 alpha frags from the dark artifacts.
    I used to comfortably do 6,000,000 in 5* arena and get 1,000 5* frags but with dungeons Ive had to cut back to 2,000,000 points and just get 500 5* frags. Add AQ and AW and monthly questing and this game can get out of hand. I think one of the worst things for everyone is all the youtube channels that have players spending countless hours on this game and broadcasting endless openings of crystals, and proceeding at a much quicker rate making everyone feel this is the norm...it isn't.......now exhale.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I also gave up after some days. Too much time consuming and (worse) having to play non-stop for 10-20-30 minutes. At least I can pause Arena if real life calls.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I originally wanted 2 5* crystals but I'm just focusing on the dust at this point. I guess good news is with the rework of dungeons, I've consistently been able to do one round of dungeon 6 and get all milestones. But that takes 30+ min of constant playtime where you can't put it down.

I wish each dungeon lasted 2-3 days each, but I can understand the design of every day, and needing to do them all for 3 5*. A lot of content (I am not saying its a bad thing, I like having content I can't get to, I get to choose what I enjoy) for a lot of rewards.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    I do like the concept its just way too much for the month! Maybe they will keep it!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I've decided to top off the 5* I'm working on, and not focus so much on it. There have been other factors going on, I missed some Milestones and had some bad luck with runs and losing Points. It all added up to backtracking and spending more time than I wanted trying to keep up. I just have to let it go and get back to my everyday Gaming. I'm not up for doing anything past D4 because I get lag pretty badly with anything harder, and I don't want to dip after the first Milestone or two, doesn't seem fair to others. I just have to let it go, as much as it annoys me to miss out. Realistically, it's just another 5* or two, and I'll get that soon enough. I was so focused on it that it was draining my enjoyment. To be honest, it's a bit of a relief. I'll get Artifacts when I can, and not stress about it. Still have to do EQ and Grind some. Thanks again.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    In any event, I've been having a love/hate thing going on the last couple weeks, and I was wondering if anyone can relate, or if anyone has already scaled back. It's feeling like alot of work, and my Grinding and other Questing is lacking. At the end of the day, I'm the one that is in control. If I have to let it go, so be it. Just wondering if it's just me feeling that way. Thanks.

I actually like running Dungeons, when I run them. But I don't like the fact that its highly disruptive of my playtime in that if you want to run them you often have to just sit there and wait, and can't do anything else while you wait. By in large, I've decided to just do them as opportunity arises, but I'm not even looking at my rewards when I do. I get whatever I get, and I find I enjoy the occasional dungeon run much more.

This is one area of the game where if I get too focused on the reward, the gameplay itself becomes unbearable for me. But if I just play it to play it, its a fun element of the game. If I want to focus on rewards above all else, I'll arena grind.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I actually like running Dungeons, when I run them. But I don't like the fact that its highly disruptive of my playtime in that if you want to run them you often have to just sit there and wait, and can't do anything else while you wait. By in large, I've decided to just do them as opportunity arises, but I'm not even looking at my rewards when I do. I get whatever I get, and I find I enjoy the occasional dungeon run much more.

This is one area of the game where if I get too focused on the reward, the gameplay itself becomes unbearable for me. But if I just play it to play it, its a fun element of the game. If I want to focus on rewards above all else, I'll arena grind.

That's exactly where I ended up. Aside from running lower Dungeons, the Loading and process was quite time-consuming. It's been a day so far of letting it go, and I already feel relieved.
    I love the Feature itself. I was just so focused on getting the maximum I could out of it, and it had me frantic and left my enjoyment waning. The main reason was I have no Dups. Can't snag one to save my life. I figured it was a better chance. At this point, I don't care, really. I'll finish the Artifacts I need to get one, and let it land where it lands. It's so much less stress to run one or two when I have time.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Its just a lot of content this month.

Between dungeons, trials, having to run all eq for dust, keeping up with arenas, and aq and aw it takes a toll.

Originally I planned the same, go for 3* of the 5* basics. Now im gonna be content to just get one and not worry about it.

If you do 4 rooms of dungeon 6 or 3 rooms dungeon 6 followed by 2 rooms dungeon 5 it isnt to to time consuming.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    @GroundedWisdom I started getting burned out on dungeon until I started refusing to run d5. D6 for 4 rooms, 20-25 minutes and you're done. Or if someone can't go past room 3, D6 for 3 rooms and d5 for 2.