**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam - Can you give the community some information?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
Well, just chancing my luck here, but I feel it would be great if we heard more from Kabam instead of a day before a new update or event quest.

There are tons of things I see regularly on the forums, and they either get no answer, or a "in the future"/"Pass to the game team"

Well, I am sure a lot of suggestions have been passed onto the game team, and we never hear about it, so I want to know if we can get some information on the following things, whether they are being worked on, or change is coming etc.

Solo Events:

These are now so stale! The rewards are terrible, especially considering the crystals which are part of them, the solo and greater solo crystal isn't even exciting to open, filled with items no one wants mostly...

Is there a revamp to these coming? Will the rewards be looked at? What will happen is... if the rewards are decent, more will play, more will play often to hit milestones or get rank rewards. As it stands they are just a waste for the majority, they seemed aimed at newer players...but then what do we have to play for?

XP Boosts in the crystals are worthless, why not change them for some sort of Gold Boost, BC Boost? You can do the 20% boost on all resources during summoner appreciation, so why not incorporate that? It would be great, even that little change.

I like how Vanquishing blows has made its way into the game, it's different, why not do a "GOTG Combat" so you have to use GOTG champs, X-Men Combat, Avengers Combat, maybe throw in a quirky 2* crystal of that event, so a 2* GOTG character, X-Men Character etc... there are tons of things you could implement, instead of the same old things.

3 Day Events:

Again... these just haven't changed...forever! One idea I had, was to alter the rewards based on alliance prestige or something, because 250 4* shards as the main reward for a lot of grind (Especially Arena Events) just isn't worth it, my favorite part of these are the 25 units and tier1 alpha... surely that says something? PHC shards as a reward is sad too, again for newer players that is great, but for top alliances, even middle of the bunch alliances... why not change that to suit us?

The challenges also need changed, completion, item use, AC etc, why not revamp them?

Level Increase of 70

This comes around a LOT! I also want to say, before you mention it... Increasing the Level cap, doesn't mean we need an additional mastery point! So please don't say that as a reason! We could get a bulk of gold, cats, shards, resources, bulk of refills etc... Or maybe add in a prestige system... you love titles, so that could come with titles too... think how many would want to max prestige straight away... all the refill sales you would have. XP boosts would then become relevant again for us, it's a slap in the face being handed those... if you are unwilling to swap them for a gold or BC boost, maybe take this route?

Alliance Quest Seasons

War seasons went down well, maybe it's too long, but overall there are some TOP rewards to play for and it makes each war a great battle.

Why not have an AQ seasons? Let's face it, the AQ system now is rubbish, it is just changed as and when you want... no timescale on how long it runs, all different lengths... so why not make it a set season, obviously you cannot really go up and down leaderboards, but maybe it could become like the current dungeons... everyday it gets harder, and until you cannot complete the main boss it resets... this could then give alliances the chance to earn more points than others and move up/down. I actually thought it would be a good chance to change seasons with Infinity War and using Thanos as the main boss (Maybe not as OP as event quest one though haha)

But with the resources everyone now needs, it is vital to get AQ revamped, I know you changed the minis and added Sentinels, but a change of rewards and structure to go with that is needed... I haven't even seen any Tier 6 ISO, nevermind Tier 5 Class Cats etc.

What if a Tier 3 Alpha will be needed? Players are struggling to get Tier 1s!

Co-operative Modes

Yes, it is time consuming, but I really enjoy dungeons, it's fun playing with a mate, it's funnier making him take harder fights as a joke with the nodes! I hope this doesn't vanish to nothing once the current event quest ends!

Keep it on, let it rotate every 2 days for rewards... a Gold Dungeon, Crystal Shard Dungeon, BC Dungeon, Energy Refill Dungeon, Catalyst Dungeon and so on... it would be awesome! It wouldn't NEED to be played, but if your low on gold you could jump in with a mate and earn a quick 200k or so-on.

Also are there any other modes being done? Maybe for 5 players? 10 players? Or is this it?

I think I could go on, but I think some of the above really need to be addressed, but more importantly, we as a community need to be addressed and informed of where the game is going, are these going to be looked at? Is there something coming in the next 3 months that will address any of the above?

We never seem to hear from you, it all went well a few months back, about being transparent and open... yes this has nothing to do with transparency, but we are still here! Talk to us! Let us know what your planning on doing, not everything, not to spoil things, but to keep our interest.

Look at other games, they inform players of changes coming, they tease things and keep their communities upto date, not just every month before a new event quest!

Anyway, I really hope I get some sort of answer, which is good! I can hope...

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Come on @Kabam Miike give me an answer mate :wink:

Or PM me with a warning for tagging a mod, but then answer too :smile:
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    You get nothing! There is some top secret information that you are requesting. They have no interest in properly scaling rewards for the events.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Really good post, got some good ideas in there. I totally agree, there are so many aspects of the game that need to be revamped. But if you pay attention to what Kabam decides to change, it usually involves what makes them money. Those alliance events and solo events dont necessarily benefit Kabams bottom line.

In short, if it doesnt make them money, its not on the priority list. Simple as that. None of those changes you mentioned will bring Kabam more profit. (except maybe AQ) Thats why it hasn't been revamped.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    3-day event rewards are already prestige based, while also factoring in member count. Problem with them is none of any bracket's rewards are any good since they have always been the same since 5* shard introduction at the top.

Agree on worthless XP boosts being converted to gold ones and upping the level cap. It would actually give a bit of motivation to rerun quests if I knew that XP I would have been rewarded was going to become gold. Maybe this is what the conversion badge can also be transformed into.

3-day catalyst arenas need a huge overhaul. Would drop more bc easily just to enter if they made it more worthwhile.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    They said aq rewards will be revamped and they dished out half baked sentinels and the mini bosses to the aq thinking that it will bring some fun and money to them. Aq is so stale now, guys don't feel like doing aq anymore. You got to upgrade and match rewards to make people engaged.
  • cx234333cx234333 Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike last try, won’t tag again.

Just think it’s a really good opportunity to come in and get us all on board for the future... not that I’m not, I am, but I mean there is never anything to look forward to.

Come give us hype.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    3-day event rewards are already prestige based, while also factoring in member count. Problem with them is none of any bracket's rewards are any good since they have always been the same since 5* shard introduction at the top.

Are they? Solo events are, but when I started a brand new alliance with just 4 members in it, the 3-day events where the exact same. SA was the only alliance event that had any kind of brackets to it.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Good post
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike last try, won’t tag again.

Just think it’s a really good opportunity to come in and get us all on board for the future... not that I’m not, I am, but I mean there is never anything to look forward to.

Come give us hype.

They're not Beetlejuice, saying their name three times doesn't conjure them. At least, not Miike, and Adora's out of your league, bro.

Haha but surely they should want to contribute to it no!?

I’ve spoke to Adora plenty of times, she’s only just reached my league lol
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    Add SA to the list of things that needs a revamp. The rewards actually get worse if you place out of the top percentile. It’s really weird.

Aq is the big thing here. The rewards there have been out dated for a long long time now. Kabam is going to shut this game down before I open half the t4cc crystals I’ve got squirreled away.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    just fix the whole game please. start with new servers!
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    In addition the secondary 4 star arena should be for a full unlock. 4 arenas and that is the only one giving a champ as a single sig unlock...should be 20...
    Yep completely agree with SA revamp! Then the AQ milestone rewards for Node Removal etc.

I just wish we could get a discussion going with Kabam, it annoys me when posts like this get no response, we could have a good back and forth conversation but instead it just isn't noticed.

I fail to see why they don't want to engage with us, especially on something like this.... im not trying to boast about my post but as you have agreed there are good points there... maybe not everyone agrees but it seems a lot do.

Just a shame they are unwilling to comment or discuss things.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    stale you say..... I couldn't agree more
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    It really is a disappointing lack of engagement.
    Aq in particular, it just seems crazy to let such a vital game mode get so badly outdated.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Yep completely agree with SA revamp! Then the AQ milestone rewards for Node Removal etc.

I just wish we could get a discussion going with Kabam, it annoys me when posts like this get no response, we could have a good back and forth conversation but instead it just isn't noticed.

I fail to see why they don't want to engage with us, especially on something like this.... im not trying to boast about my post but as you have agreed there are good points there... maybe not everyone agrees but it seems a lot do.

I wish they were far more communicative, but that's not really as easy as it sounds. There are a lot of reasons why, but one of the bigger reasons is that most players don't actually want a dialog, they want the opportunity to argue with the devs on the assumption that if they can "win" that argument they get to have what they want.

Take your post. I think it is mostly fair and reasonable, but then there's this:
    Level Increase of 70

This comes around a LOT! I also want to say, before you mention it... Increasing the Level cap, doesn't mean we need an additional mastery point! So please don't say that as a reason! We could get a bulk of gold, cats, shards, resources, bulk of refills etc... Or maybe add in a prestige system... you love titles, so that could come with titles too... think how many would want to max prestige straight away... all the refill sales you would have. XP boosts would then become relevant again for us, it's a slap in the face being handed those... if you are unwilling to swap them for a gold or BC boost, maybe take this route?

There are reasons why the level cap hasn't been increased, and the primary reason is somewhat related to the very thing you say "so please don't say that." Levels in a game like this are intended to gate very specific things, in our case near the top of the level curve it is primarily mastery points. The reason to increase the level cap is to use the increasing levels to gate specific rewards. If the long term plan is to add more masteries, and they are reserving levels to gate future mastery point increases, then the proper response to your comment here would be to say "we don't want to give out new mastery points yet." But you've passive-aggressively cut off that line of dialog. That combined with the "slap in the face" comment makes it difficult for any developer to take any interest in responding to this.

The fact is, whatever your intentions are, it is a fact that pretty much every single statement made by Kabam is picked apart and attacked or used against them. Even when they casually misspeak that's weaponized and sent back at them. That makes the risk/reward for engaging the players directly extremely high. I'm not making excuses for them, they shoulder some of the blame as well, but it is important to note that whatever the cause is, the net result is the developers would rather do their work than respond to forum posts, and if I were them I'd be reluctant as well.

Think about the replies I get whenever I defend a game design decision, then consider that I wasn't the one that made it in the first place, I'm substantially more eloquent than the devs in general, I have no personal stake in any of the criticism, and I have the time to defend my posts all day long. The devs see that: ask yourself how many would want to trade places with me.

Just to be clear: I think *someone* should step up and do exactly that. I'm just saying I can understand why no one would want that job.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I wish they were far more communicative, but that's not really as easy as it sounds. There are a lot of reasons why, but one of the bigger reasons is that most players don't actually want a dialog, they want the opportunity to argue with the devs on the assumption that if they can "win" that argument they get to have what they want.

Take your post. I think it is mostly fair and reasonable, but then there's this:
    Level Increase of 70

There are reasons why the level cap hasn't been increased, and the primary reason is somewhat related to the very thing you say "so please don't say that." Levels in a game like this are intended to gate very specific things, in our case near the top of the level curve it is primarily mastery points. The reason to increase the level cap is to use the increasing levels to gate specific rewards. If the long term plan is to add more masteries, and they are reserving levels to gate future mastery point increases, then the proper response to your comment here would be to say "we don't want to give out new mastery points yet." But you've passive-aggressively cut off that line of dialog. That combined with the "slap in the face" comment makes it difficult for any developer to take any interest in responding to this.

The fact is, whatever your intentions are, it is a fact that pretty much every single statement made by Kabam is picked apart and attacked or used against them. Even when they casually misspeak that's weaponized and sent back at them. That makes the risk/reward for engaging the players directly extremely high. I'm not making excuses for them, they shoulder some of the blame as well, but it is important to note that whatever the cause is, the net result is the developers would rather do their work than respond to forum posts, and if I were them I'd be reluctant as well.

Think about the replies I get whenever I defend a game design decision, then consider that I wasn't the one that made it in the first place, I'm substantially more eloquent than the devs in general, I have no personal stake in any of the criticism, and I have the time to defend my posts all day long. The devs see that: ask yourself how many would want to trade places with me.

Just to be clear: I think *someone* should step up and do exactly that. I'm just saying I can understand why no one would want that job.

I've actually wondered why they wouldn't round up a few active forum people (that don't anger the community with the way they speak), send them a game plan every two weeks or every month and let them handle most of the forum part. Have them neatly organize bugs, suggestions and complaints, make the right team aware and post the "I'm letting the team know" reply, while answering as much as they can/know. I mean, I understand why they don't, but it might solve more problems then it creates (because yes, it will create a different set of problems).
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Level Increase of 70

I've actually wondered why they wouldn't round up a few active forum people (that don't anger the community with the way they speak), send them a game plan every two weeks or every month and let them handle most of the forum part. Have them neatly organize bugs, suggestions and complaints, make the right team aware and post the "I'm letting the team know" reply, while answering as much as they can/know. I mean, I understand why they don't, but it might solve more problems then it creates (because yes, it will create a different set of problems).

There are a few games with something like that, "player advocacy groups" and the like. It requires a lot of trust on both sides to make it work, which at the moment is in short supply.

Also, having been involved with such things in the past, this is not an easy role to ask any player to take on. You will immediately be seen as a part of the problem by a substantial segment of the playerbase, and you lose some of your own ability to advocate when it interferes with your job as a neutral mediator. Look at what happened to @DorkLessons when he decided to stick an Iceman into an event explicitly intended to be challenging. You have to be bulletproof and incinerate-immune to survive doing anything other than being a player advocate zealot.
  • RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    They’re not interested in improving or fixing their game, but they’ll keep putting a price tag on everything and keep on selling it. Call me captain obvious, but it kinda makes you wonder why so many people have been leaving the game the last few months.
  • RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    Everything you are asking for, has been brought up numerous times numerous ways the last year....but it always falls on deaf ears with a “we’ll take that back to the team”...but nothing ever changes. You need gold...we’ll sell it, you need more alphas...we’ll sell those too. You get the point, that’s why I’m done with this money sucking game.
This discussion has been closed.