**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game Outage [Merged Threads]

124»

Comments

• Synyster85Synyster85 Posts: 28
    Keep your ears open for crickets....that’s all you will get from kabam
  • ACIDUCK wrote: »
    damn i just beat LOL for the first time and right when my reward screen was about to pop up this happened... i then logged back on when the game came back up and now im here at red hulk again !

Me too! I popped 6 5* crystals and it gave me 2 Sparkys, 2 Blades, and 2 Ghostriders and when I went back I got 6 Groots!

PlZ FIX KABAN :wink:
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    The_Rikerp wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're currently investigating this and working to get the game back up and running as soon as we possibly can.

We're very sorry about the inconvenience.

I’m not asking for compensation. I’m asking, as a PAYING customer of kabam, for you to fix the bugs and server issues.

Oh, we're on it, but I'm also not going to pretend that this is a simple issue to fix. There are a number of factors that go on when something like this occurs, and it's rarely if ever the "same thing" every time. We've been looking into what's going on and causing these server issues as of late, and have continued to work on it this entire time.

Believe me, I know it's not an enjoyable experience when something like this happens, and especially when it happens again. We're trying to get everything back up and running as normal as fast as we can, and once we know that this has been fixed and will no longer occur, we can look at how this has affected our players and look at compensation (I know you didn't ask for that).

With all due respect, we've had fairly consistent instability for months, going all the way back to the big downtime earlier in the year. The symptoms are similar: persistent intermittent slowdowns increasing in severity for a subset of the players but not consistently affecting the same players. While the proximate cause might be different every single time, given that we're talking about literally dozens of small events it is highly unlikely to me there isn't some root cause.

What I want to see is some information on what is being done to mitigate these problems, so that I know *that* they are being mitigated. At the moment, I have no evidence that any serious downtime mitigation process is occurring, given that downtime isn't being mitigated in actual fact. If anything, the problem has gotten progressively worse over time.

Saying we'll know when you know is being interpreted by many as equivalent to we'll never know. I can't say I can fault anyone who thinks that, because we're long past the point where any reasonable organization could reasonably state that their customers were not entitled to any *specific* information about a persistent problem because they needed more time to investigate.

Every time persistent problems like this have occurred the players have been told that Kabam can't tell us what's going on until they have conducted a full investigation. But once the problem is resolved we're still never told what happened or what was done to try to reduce recurrence in the future. Apparently the only things Kabam believes players have a right to know is "there's a problem" and "we've restored service." Kabam has the right to set any policy they want with regard to informing their players, but if that is the policy, and I'm stating as a matter of fact that is the obvious undisputed apparent policy, Kabam doesn't have the right to make claims about transparency being a priority or even a goal. Not without inducing justified disgust from its customers.

As always, well said.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    It’s down again 😩ey3opob1t1h2.png
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    maintenance BEFORE our regular maintenance? LOL

come on kabam servers...
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Can we have some compensation for all the issues that have happened lately (and still now)?!

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • buggysitehaveaccontbuggysitehaveaccont Posts: 158
    edited May 2018
    "Please check your connection." is the worst part, it is like you punch a child in the face and then arrest the child for punching it self in the face. It is NEVER my connection, it is ALWAYS Kabam failure, either server overload or server lag. Ive gotten this error on a 2000 mbit up and 2000 mbit down connection with only my device connected and only this game installed, and same error with my normal connections which is 100 mbit up and 100 mbit down.
    How about removing the "Please check your connection." ? as it is an insult to your customers.
  • Nerfbat73Nerfbat73 Posts: 30
    News flash your maintenance didn't fix anything. Trying to fight in war and half to full second freezes shows me blocking and it unfreeze and I am getting hit? Wow.....
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    The_Rikerp wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're currently investigating this and working to get the game back up and running as soon as we possibly can.

We're very sorry about the inconvenience.

I’m not asking for compensation. I’m asking, as a PAYING customer of kabam, for you to fix the bugs and server issues.

Oh, we're on it, but I'm also not going to pretend that this is a simple issue to fix. There are a number of factors that go on when something like this occurs, and it's rarely if ever the "same thing" every time. We've been looking into what's going on and causing these server issues as of late, and have continued to work on it this entire time.

Believe me, I know it's not an enjoyable experience when something like this happens, and especially when it happens again. We're trying to get everything back up and running as normal as fast as we can, and once we know that this has been fixed and will no longer occur, we can look at how this has affected our players and look at compensation (I know you didn't ask for that).

Based on the outages in the last three weeks or so, here is a list of things that have been impacted, based on forum posts from others and my own personal experiences -
    • -Our war ranking decreased due to the 6 hour (approximately) outage at the start of the season. We weren't able to get a war in at all, resulting in a massive decrease in score for this season, because we're missing one entire war score compared to other alliances. (Yes, this is partially on us for starting a search at 7:30pm EST, but that start time is usually more than sufficient to find a match.)
    • -Dungeons have been interrupted, resulting in champs that have to be refreshed (units spent), milestones missed (resulting in less 5* chances), and general frustration at an event that is meant to be done in very short bursts
    • -Legend times have been interrupted and many people wasted resources on them. I considered going for one this month, but with all of the outages, it is not a good idea, at least from my perspective. (I know that this is calculated into their final time, but when the servers come back "up" isn't announced, their time is adversely impacted.)
    • -Alliance War performance has been impacted a great deal.
    • -Alliance Quest performance has been impacted.

That's a great deal of the core content being impacted as a result of these outages. If (and that's currently a big IF) Kabam decides to provide some sort of compensation, I would like to see it touch all of these areas - AQ, AW and Dungeons, as they are all time-sensitive and milestone-sensitive content.

Outside of that though, I'll echo what @DNA3000 said far more eloquently than I can - I would like to know what is being done to mitigate some of these issues. I've been directly impacted by them, more than once at this point. I understand, in the moment, not being able to speak towards what you are investigating. But after you have fixed an issue - is there a reason you cannot circle back around with the player base to tell us what you have addressed and how?