**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should Stark Spidey Be tagged as Avenger?

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    No
    I feel like we're arguing about what class Thor (Ragnarok) should be in again...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    if you havent seen homecoming thats on you. the movie has been out for more than a year now. so YES he should be tagged as an avenger cause hes STILL a spider man!

Hes not a member of the avengers...

go watch IW and then reply.
    also he was av avenger in the comics too. everyone knows that

75% of marvel has been an Avenger. He wasn't an avenger when he was released plain and simple. If stark spidey is, then classic/symbiote spidey would have to be since they are all Peter Parker. Look at the list I posted above and tell me how what you said makes any sense if none of the listed champs aren't #avengers. Hell Antman was an original Avenger.
  • TalveranTalveran Posts: 37
    No
    Just want to point out that Stark Spidey wasn't used in IW, that was Iron Spider.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    watch the spoilers

watch homecoming and then thor3 then black panther then iw.

how can homecoming be spoilers for you now? its 2018
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    No spoilers,but...Watch the damn movie,You'll see why
    how long is long enough to stop being a spoiler?

10 years
    if you havent seen homecoming thats on you. the movie has been out for more than a year now. so YES he should be tagged as an avenger cause hes STILL a spider man!

Hes not a member of the avengers...

go watch IW and then reply.
    also he was av avenger in the comics too. everyone knows that

75% of marvel has been an Avenger. He wasn't an avenger when he was released plain and simple. If stark spidey is, then classic/symbiote spidey would have to be since they are all Peter Parker. Look at the list I posted above and tell me how what you said makes any sense if none of the listed champs aren't #avengers. Hell Antman was an original Avenger.

Almost every hero was part of the avengers lol
    Talveran wrote: »
    Just want to point out that Stark Spidey wasn't used in IW, that was Iron Spider.

He was,
    For the first half of the first half
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Yeah but he was wearing the Iron Spider suit when Stark said it.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    Yes
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    flygamer wrote: »
    I think the words "you are now an avenger" (or something very similar) from a certain someone in a certain movie set after Homecoming settles this debate.
    UNLESS you dont think that person has the power to dub someone an avenger on his/her own, then it is open to interpret that spidey is not.

So does every champ that comes out that has ever been on the avengers get the avengers tag like-
    Antman
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Panther
    Beast
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Moon Knight
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Sentry
    Iron Fist
    Doctor Strange
    Red Hulk
    Daredevil
    Storm
    Quake
    Agent Venom
    I could go on but heres the link-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members#Original_organization_(1963–2004)
    Just because they MAY or MAY NOT have POSSIBLY been named an avenger for possibly part of a recent movie that may or may not still be in theaters, doesn't mean they get the tag. Everyone and their mom was an avenger really.

Holy nerd alert Batman. I was going by the timeline of formation of the Avengers in the movies not the comics.

didnt know this was "contest of MOVIE champions"

No, but Kabam seems to be following the movie timeline in this case or else many others would have avergers tags as said.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Someone put an agree on the poll there is nothing to agree about with a question lol
    I think the words "you are now an avenger" (or something very similar) from a certain someone in a certain movie set after Homecoming settles this debate.
    UNLESS you dont think that person has the power to dub someone an avenger on his/her own, then it is open to interpret that spidey is not.

So does every champ that comes out that has ever been on the avengers get the avengers tag like-
    Antman
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Panther
    Beast
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Moon Knight
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Sentry
    Iron Fist
    Doctor Strange
    Red Hulk
    Daredevil
    Storm
    Quake
    Agent Venom
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members#Original_organization_(1963–2004)
    Just because they MAY or MAY NOT have POSSIBLY been named an avenger for possibly part of a recent movie that may or may not still be in theaters, doesn't mean they get the tag. Everyone and their mom was an avenger really.

Holy nerd alert Batman. I was going by the timeline of formation of the Avengers in the movies not the comics.

No, but Kabam seems to be following the movie timeline in this case or else many others would have avergers tags as said.

What movie was Void/Sentry, GP, GR, Saber tooth, etc.. In that they are following?
    Yes

Antman
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Panther
    Beast
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Moon Knight
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Sentry
    Iron Fist
    Doctor Strange
    Red Hulk
    Daredevil
    Storm
    Quake
    Agent Venom

What movie was Void/Sentry, GP, GR, Saber tooth, etc.. In that they are following?

Those players, that I have seen, are not labeled as Avengers in this game which is to my point. If you take the modern movie timeline of the Avengers which starts with Ironman, Kabam seems to be following that, not comics, to decide who gets the actual Avengers tag. Maybe there is one or two I havent noticed, but in my opinion Sparky should be tagged an avenger since he was told he is one in the latest movie.
    edited May 2018
    No
    ^^^ In that regard the Stark Spiderman we have in the game is the Homecoming version. Not the "current" version shown in Infinity War. If he was updated to the current version of the MCU universe, then I would say that he is an Avenger based on the latest movie.
    You have to remember that at the end of Homecoming, he specifically turns down the chance to be an Avenger so he can continue being the "Friendly Neighborhood" Spiderman.
    Yes

Antman
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Panther
    Beast
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Moon Knight
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Sentry
    Iron Fist
    Doctor Strange
    Red Hulk
    Daredevil
    Storm
    Quake
    Agent Venom

Those characters are not tagged, that I have seen, in the game as Avengers which is to my point. It just seems to me that Kabam is following the modern movie timeline - not the comics, which starts with Ironman, as a basis to label characters Avengers. (not new avengers etc) Maybe some have been missed or not, but in my opinion Sparky should be labeled Avenger since he told he is one in the latest movie.
    Yes

Antman
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Panther
    Beast
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Moon Knight
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Sentry
    Iron Fist
    Doctor Strange
    Red Hulk
    Daredevil
    Storm
    Quake
    Agent Venom

Those characters are not tagged, that I have seen, in the game as Avengers which is to my point. It just seems to me that Kabam is following the modern movie timeline, which starts with Ironman, as a basis to label characters Avengers. (not new avengers etc) Maybe some have been missed or not, but in my opinion Sparky should be labeled Avenger since he told he is one in the latest movie.
    Yes
    sorry I accidentaly posted twice, didnt deserve a flag though! anyway I do agree with @Dexman1349 that this spidey game version is the Homecoming version, not the Infinity war version, so in that regard he should not be tagged Avenger.

Antman
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Panther
    Beast
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Moon Knight
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Sentry
    Iron Fist
    Doctor Strange
    Red Hulk
    Daredevil
    Storm
    Quake
    Agent Venom

Those characters are not tagged, that I have seen, in the game as Avengers which is to my point. It just seems to me that Kabam is following the modern movie timeline - not the comics, which starts with Ironman, as a basis to label characters Avengers. (not new avengers etc) Maybe some have been missed or not, but in my opinion Sparky should be labeled Avenger since he told he is one in the latest movie.

Again, he is the Homecoming Stark Spiderman. Not the Infinity War Spiderman.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I think the avengers tag should be adjusted in real time to the MCU and reflect it's current usable roster.

No
    the movies are an alternate universe. seeing as this is a crossover between everyone and everything, all sources should be represented, including the MCU

And we also have to remember that MCOC is it's own universe with it's own set of "logic" too. #WhyDoesGRBurn?
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I think the avengers tag should be adjusted in real time to the MCU and reflect it's current usable roster.

well half of them are dead according to Infinity War...
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    Yes
    If you don't like spoilers get to the freaking movies and see it lol. I mean Infinity War has been out for a few weeks now smh. Stop crying about spoilers. SS is an Avenger!
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    Yes
    If you haven't seen Infinity War yet you're not really a fan. You're posing as a fan and saying no spoilers smh. Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna too.