**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI Parry Cheat

2»

Comments

• Options
    EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    This goes along with what I said in another thread about the AI being able to Parry mid-combo in Arena and Alliance War (and special events if they gain Parry from Buffs). It's like their speeds differ from ours, making it that even doing a 5 hit combo of Medium, Light, Light, Light, Medium, or ending with a Light hit, you can still have that interrupted.

There's no faster way to hit, and the player is striking at the game designed and defined rate of volley, and it can still be interrupted. It's like the instant heavy attack, where the player has no time to react to it because the animation of the charge, and the lack of required charge time, make it impossible to move away. Likewise, there are times where the physical space is 'wrong', so that a player can dash back and the AI will follow with heavy attacks, or light/medium hits, or even specials that have multi-part sequences.

The issue seems to be growing flaws with the combat design, with speeds and physics not being applied correctly, making it so that the AI super responds, or does not recognize the distance from an attacker, allowing them to incorrectly block or hunt/chase opponents with attacks that have the appropriate distance between them.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/JNyZbhGjI88

More evidence from today’s AW. 48+ hours and no word from customer service. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Loto any insight on this thread?
  • Options
    Customer service wrote back. Thank you Kabam employees for going over this thread’s evidence.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Got backdraft parried in AW after a heavy today. Pretty fun and interactive.
  • Options
    TheBlet wrote: »
    No response

Thread’s topic was above the moderators awareness. Don’t know if the issue will be addressed but it has been a knowidged.
  • Options
    RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    edited May 2018
    You can Dex and immediately parry larger targets like Dorm and Venom tho.
  • Options
    Riceman wrote: »
    You can Dex and immediately parry larger targets like Dorm and Venom tho.

This bug has been fixed. I posted video evidence here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/68323/game-mechanics-working-great#latest
  • Options
    CobraCobra Posts: 126
    I can parry in block these days. I am wondering about it when it happens.
    I hold block, then slide back to evade next hit in combo, my champ doesnt move and I got parry.
    Its happening lot of time.
  • Options
    Suma500Suma500 Posts: 3
    I have this issue all the time in AW. Been playing for 7 months religiously to come to the point where i think im done due to kabam issues.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    why is the ai able to cheat so much? from the last 2 major updates till now they have drastically changed.
    my suggestion is their recovery time needs to be dialed back
  • Options
    Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    Why though??
    You aren't a beginner. LOLOLOL
    Did you ever used quake?. It's the way we fight using her. When using evade champs you can use this tactic. dexterity is basically an evade. You can use this if you are well timed. Why complain AI?
    Leave it man. LOL
  • Options
    Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    edited May 2018
    _noyes wrote: »
    I posted this a while back, but it got deleted because who knows why, so I post here again since it's relevant. It's an example where I dash back and time a parry, but it doesn't work. I'd like to know why the AI can do this but we can't.

Took me a while to get video evidence because I've been swamped with school the past few weeks. There's another AI parry cheat I've come across in arena. Specifically, the AI's parry attempt fails because of the assassin mastery, the AI continues blocking attacks, and then parries again in the same combo without breaking block stance. Examples of this are:

Medium strike (failed parry attempt), light strike, light strike (successful parry attempt)
    Light strike (failed parry attempt), medium strike, light strike, light strike, medium strike (successful parry attempt)

Players can't attempt a 2nd parry without breaking block stance. The AI can. I'll try to get video evidence to show proof of this once my school obligations are out of the way.

I'll half agree to this. I've saw some on youtube. But doesn't know the reality