**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam can you never use prestige as reward milestones again

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
They really aren't a good indication of skill as there's a lot of luck factoring into it like, the luck of getting champs with good prestige, the luck of getting the right materials to rank up champs to get the higher prestige. And then the lacking in gold rewards haulting progression. So kabam please for future events don't lock out rewards based on prestige.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Prestige may be an imperfect measure of progress, but so are all other measures of progress. But I believe you are operating under a more fundamental misunderstanding, namely that the whole point of progress metrics is to measure "skill." Progress metrics are not intended to measure skill. They are intended to measure progress. Whether we gate rewards by rating or prestige or XP or level, those are intended to be a measure of progress through the game in some way. They aren't just very bad ways to measure skill. Skill is a tool you use to play the game, it is not a measure of your progress in the game.

Skill is just one component of the game. We aren't all handed identical rosters and given identical challenges to see who can use that roster the best. We are also given the task to use time, gameplay, resource management, and the circumstances of chance to build the roster we use. We are rewarded in many ways for building stronger rosters even though chance plays a role. That is in fact the *reason* chance exists in the game. Id chance had no effect on game progress, there would be no reason to care about chance and thus no reason for chance to exist in the game.
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    How about making prestige a factor, then making other gameplay milestones factor in as well?
    Like, if you’re uncollected, you automatically fall into the highest prestige bracket as it currently stands. You complete act 4, you fall into the second highest, etc. Something like that, maybe. Then, say you haven’t done so, prestige would be the determining factor.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    Soooo prestige shouldn't count for milestones but it counts for scoring brackets for aq and every top level alliance loses their mind if you aren't at least 700k but that has nothing to do with skill because ranking up champs is all luck except when it's skill as in ur case? Ok.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Fives wrote: »
    How about making prestige a factor, then making other gameplay milestones factor in as well?
    Like, if you’re uncollected, you automatically fall into the highest prestige bracket as it currently stands. You complete act 4, you fall into the second highest, etc. Something like that, maybe. Then, say you haven’t done so, prestige would be the determining factor.

Kabam has made statements that suggest they themselves feel prestige alone is not a very good progress metric. However, all the other ones we have are also not very good either, like player rating. Its just that there has to be one, so they currently use them as necessary evils. They've suggested that the reason why they don't display prestige in the game is because while they use it, they aren't happy with it and they don't want to enshrine it. If they do, that could make it essentially impossible to ever change it.

I'm pretty sure the very existence of "uncollected" status is in part a concession to the fact that they wanted a way to gate further progress in the game and neither prestige, rating, XP, level or any other metric that existed at the time was useful. So they artificially created a new metric, and associated it with completing 5.2, and placed a very strong hurdle at the end of 5.2 to make it very difficult to overcome without having made substantial progress in the game in other areas. Still imperfect, but better than gating harder content and better rewards behind prestige or rating.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    How they can use Prestige to factor so many important things, and at the same time not let us see our own prestige or calculate it for us, is beyond me.

If they are not willing to help up see our prestige, why should other members have to miss out on things due to it?

I hate the prestige system, it sucks.

(I am not missing out on anything, my prestige is high, but for other players I can feel their pain)